good fill ok fill no fill | Syracusefan.com

good fill ok fill no fill

kcsu

Living Legend
Looking at needs i would say that we did a very good job at a few positions. QB , LB, WR. Ok at OL, DE. and we wiffed at CB, S. All other positions were not really positions of need.

At QB we have two guys who both have a chance to start in the next year or so. At LB we fill a huge need in the middle and bring in two players who should be in position to start on the outside. Wish we could have kept the kid from Rochester. At WR we knocked the cover off the ball and you have to figure that a few of the kids on the current roster are moving to the other side of the ball. We brought in decent numbers on the OL i like the kid from Georgia a lot and feel as if the Monster has a chance to become a player for us in a few years. DE is pretty good with the Juco and Johnson. We missed big time at S and CB and yes it would have been nice to have Edwards but he wasnt a position of need at all. I think our biggest loss is Brown. I really liked this kid and felt he would have been a good player for us. Not sure on Laray as i dont know if his heart is in football and if we can close the kid from florida and if he shows up we end up with a much better player as they dont hand out player of the year awards in FL for nothing. All in all a solid class and given that it is a small class i think we lucked out. I cant wait until next year when this staff has another bowl under their belts, the announcement of the practice palace, and a full year to forge relationships. Things are good and we should be very proud of how we closed considering the screw job TBFOIB gave us on his shuffle to buffalo.

Looking at needs i would say that we did a very good job at a few positions. QB , LB, WR. Ok at OL, DE. and we wiffed at CB, S. All other positions were not really positions of need.

At QB we have two guys who both have a chance to start in the next year or so. At LB we fill a huge need in the middle and bring in two players who should be in position to start on the outside. Wish we could have kept the kid from Rochester. At WR we knocked the cover off the ball and you have to figure that a few of the kids on the current roster are moving to the other side of the ball. We brought in decent numbers on the OL i like the kid from Georgia a lot and feel as if the Monster has a chance to become a player for us in a few years. DE is pretty good with the Juco and Johnson. We missed big time at S and CB and yes it would have been nice to have Edwards but he wasnt a position of need at all. I think our biggest loss is Brown. I really liked this kid and felt he would have been a good player for us. Not sure on Laray as i dont know if his heart is in football and if we can close the kid from florida and if he shows up we end up with a much better player as they dont hand out player of the year awards in FL for nothing. All in all a solid class and given that it is a small class i think we lucked out. I cant wait until next year when this staff has another bowl under their belts, the announcement of the practice palace, and a full year to forge relationships. Things are good and we should be very proud of how we closed considering the screw job TBFOIB gave us on his shuffle to buffalo.

Agreed, you have to look at the whole picture and what the staff accomplished in one month. While we lost a bunch of three stars we also brought in a bunch of three stars and made a foot print in areas like Florida and the midwest. I think this class is solid and good enough to keep us competitive. Hopefully next year with a full year of recruiting we end up near the top 40.

I'm definitely disappointed moreso that the recruiting class ended with a Thud than with the players we signed. I like the class, I just wished we could have hung on to Malik Brown and landed Singleton. Had we hung on to Brown and landed Singleton, I would have been really satsified. All in all though, this class fills a lot of needs and we did land quite a few quality players.

Once Marrone, Hackett, and Anselmo were gone, Zach Allen, Edwards, Laray Smith, and Devan Carter weren't coming here - I moved on from that. If Estime does indeed enroll, I think he ends up a better football player than Laray anyway. Arciniega fills a big need at LB and it's still up in the air as to whether he'll be a 3 year player, so that helps to soften the Carter blow and Spearman loss. Kimble was a nice last minute replacement for Zach Allen. RB wasn't a position of need, so I can get over Edwards. He really didn't want to be here anyway from the appearance of things.

I'm definitely disappointed moreso that the recruiting class ended with a Thud than with the players we signed. I like the class, I just wished we could have hung on to Malik Brown and landed Singleton. Had we hung on to Brown and landed Singleton, I would have been really satsified. All in all though, this class fills a lot of needs and we did land quite a few quality players.

Once Marrone, Hackett, and Anselmo were gone, Zach Allen, Edwards, Laray Smith, and Devan Carter weren't coming here - I moved on from that. If Estime does indeed enroll, I think he ends up a better football player than Laray anyway. Arciniega fills a big need at LB and it's still up in the air as to whether he'll be a 3 year player, so that helps to soften the Carter blow and Spearman loss. Kimble was a nice last minute replacement for Zach Allen. RB wasn't a position of need, so I can get over Edwards. He really didn't want to be here anyway from the appearance of things.

Tep, I think you said it perfectly. I too was hoping for a more explosive ending. Would have been nice to hold on to Brown, land Singleton and even maybe another surprise flip, just didn't happen for us. Overall I think this class is very solid and will produce a lot of contributors. In addition to Luke, Kimble and Estime, I am excited for Wayne Williams in the DL rotation, I am looking forward to seeing the two Corey's and Quinta on the field at the same time and I think Provo and Batten combined with our current tight ends could produce some nice NE Patriot (multiple TE/H-Back) like formations and plays that we haven't used before. I am looking forward to the staff building on this class and I thinks will only continue to get better from here.

Tep, I think you said it perfectly. I too was hoping for a more explosive ending. Would have been nice to hold on to Brown, land Singleton and even maybe another surprise flip, just didn't happen for us. Overall I think this class is very solid and will produce a lot of contributors. In addition to Luke, Kimble and Estime, I am excited for Wayne Williams in the DL rotation, I am looking forward to seeing the two Corey's and Quinta on the field at the same time and I think Provo and Batten combined with our current tight ends could produce some nice NE Patriot (multiple TE/H-Back) like formations and plays that we haven't used before. I am looking forward to the staff building on this class and I thinks will only continue to get better from here.

We haven't had an exciting signing day in ages. I think the last time I remember a really hyped recruit deciding on signing day and actually choosing SU was Damien Rhodes. Not to say we haven't landed some really good players over that period, but the ones we have and the ones that were highly recruited usually commited long before signing day and then we were playing the "fend off the wolves" game. I'I understand that's a necessary evil and given the profile of a football school like Syracuse we're going to be in that position with many of our recruits, but man it would be nice to have a few high profile guys decide for us on signing day for a change.

I think our biggest loss is Brown. I really liked this kid and felt he would have been a good player for us.

Far and away the player I was most excited for. IMO he would have turned out to be the best player in this class and would have challenged Simmons for #2 snaps at field end as a frosh.

Really like the guys we got but this one hurts.

We haven't had an exciting signing day in ages. I think the last time I remember a really hyped recruit deciding on signing day and actually choosing SU was Damien Rhodes. Not to say we haven't landed some really good players over that period, but the ones we have and the ones that were highly recruited usually commited long before signing day and then we were playing the "fend off the wolves" game. I'I understand that's a necessary evil and given the profile of a football school like Syracuse we're going to be in that position with many of our recruits, but man it would be nice to have a few high profile guys decide for us on signing day for a change.
Collier and Sales.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

To be honest I was one of the people on this board that thought Allen would start as a Fresh at QB. Now that we filled this class with two QB's I feel that it's Hunts job to lose. Not trying to down play either of the QB's we got LOI from but I just believe they are not ready to compete year one as Allen was. I am really hoping that I am wrong

At the time lobdell and Bruce were a huge surprise and a huge get

At the time lobdell and Bruce were a huge surprise and a huge get
Wasn't Lobdell like a top 10 WR in the nation, with offers from everywhere??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom