Goodbye Aluminum seats | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Aluminum seats

Railings is definitely a good point. I am thrilled to see seats vs the benches. If you don't have the aisle it's a pain plus far too many still don't grasp that you shouldn't take up 3 seats as one person and force everyone else to cram in. I could get 3 others with me to a bunch more games because of simply having seats vs benches.

Wider seats = less seats.

Less seats = 4 random season ticket holders will be traded to Rutgers.
That's a harsh penalty. Granted, the Rutgers fan base would grow by 133% but isn't forcing anyone to become a Rutgers fan a Constitutional violation against cruel and unusual punishment?

This is great news pending the installation and any loss of leg room as its already tight in the upper deck when there is a full crowd(so Clemson game or were good like 2018). There is no way they would be starting the seating this year with already selling seatbacks and season tickets so next year since they would have to already have had the agreement done before yesterday to start bidding on the project and then the whole supply issues makes it seem logical to start next year after securing the funding from New York state this week. Looking back at the season ticket renewals being delayed this year vs past maybe they have been working on this with NYS for months and that was the reason they delayed until the schedule was released.

Since there are some empty seats in some areas of preferred seating, I hope they try to fill in the gaps to keep people as close as possible to their seats. I assume longevity might also play a role.
So old people get dibs?!

Yes! Winning!

I’ve never minded the bench seats. Of course I sit up high so there’s always lots of room. I get why the lower bowl crowd would be all for this. I’m a little surprised they aren’t just doing the lower sections.

Can we please do orange and blue pattern of some sort?

Also, can we pressure wash and/or paint the front facing concrete when the seats are out? It's an odd look to have all the new upgrades with the dingy 40 years worth of stained concrete showing through on camera

This has to be a 2023 thing to give them time to sort out the ST adjustments

Maybe they can put decals of faces on the seats.

They will probably start the ramps and 5G portion of this phase in June.
Has anyone heard more about the ramps?

I am assuming they will be an alternative for the stairs and serve as another way to get from the upper concourse to the lower concourse (or vice versa).

There are apparently 4 of them so this might make sense.

Can anyone provide more info?

Can we please do orange and blue pattern of some sort?

Also, can we pressure wash and/or paint the front facing concrete when the seats are out? It's an odd look to have all the new upgrades with the dingy 40 years worth of stained concrete showing through on camera
I think they cleaned the concrete when doing the roof (not sure why I think that…didn’t they remove all the benches temporarily?) I’ve always hated all the grey, which is why I loved the orange and blue on some of the walls above the upper deck that was put in over the summer. More of that please.

I think orange/blue seats would take away a lot of the concrete grey. To me, the seats will be the biggest change of appearance and fan experience that the dome has ever had.

BigNastyJons gonna have to cut back on the Mayo so his fat ass can fit in the seats.

5g doesnt really fix the issues inside the dome unless they also plan on improving the reception issues.. of course 5g also only helps people with a new phone, i know in our office group 1 person of our 20 or so has a 5g phone and it really sucks right now because there are so few 5g locations it constantly drops out and gets no signal at all.. probably better in the city though.. but there is no 5g at my house so really no reason to upgrade a phone that works really well any time soon..

does a concert really use all the seats in the dome or just a subset? it would be funny if SU replaced the seats with a narrow version so no seats were lost.. that would be just like them. They can do my row in the dome right now. Just me there anyway..

5g doesnt really fix the issues inside the dome unless they also plan on improving the reception issues.. of course 5g also only helps people with a new phone, i know in our office group 1 person of our 20 or so has a 5g phone and it really sucks right now because there are so few 5g locations it constantly drops out and gets no signal at all.. probably better in the city though.. but there is no 5g at my house so really no reason to upgrade a phone that works really well any time soon..

does a concert really use all the seats in the dome or just a subset? it would be funny if SU replaced the seats with a narrow version so no seats were lost.. that would be just like them. They can do my row in the dome right now. Just me there anyway..
5G all over here in Syracuse. I have it out here in the sticks of Marcellus.

Has anyone heard more about the ramps?

I am assuming they will be an alternative for the stairs and serve as another way to get from the upper concourse to the lower concourse (or vice versa).

There are apparently 4 of them so this might make sense.

Can anyone provide more info?
I admit to being largely ignorant about this project. But are there really that many people who sit in the upper reaches of the dome who need a ramp?

They need railings on both sides of all stairs .. going down from top row seats for someone with bad knees/hips without is hazardous .. keeps me away
It was way worse before. No railings at all. No Handicap seating.