Gotta say im not too optimistic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gotta say im not too optimistic

Things like shooting tend to even out over time. We are very due to start making shots again.
I think this is a direct quote from Red Klotz, aka the coach of the Washington Generals.

Not worried about Kansas or Florida. Historically Boeheim has done well against both of those teams and he seems to beat those type of teams in the tournament. It's the first weekend I am worried about.

WMU seems comparable to a EMU. We should win by 10 plus if we play our c game.

I say if we say we are being honest with ourselves, we'd say Corduroy is just saying what we don't want to say.

WMU seems comparable to a EMU. We should win by 10 plus if we play our c game.

Except their center is WAY better than Riley. Rak has to stay on the floor and play well. If he owns Rak like Miller did on GT then we're going home early.

I say if we say we are being honest with ourselves, we'd say Corduroy is just saying what we don't want to say.
I honestly think we will do quite well. I am not the pessimistic type. I am hoping for a final 4 or better but in the mean time we have a damn good team. I doubt many other teams want to face us. By game time we will have had a long time to heal bumps, bruises and fatigue.

Usually I feel like we can make a deep run no matter what seed we are, but I'm very worried this year. This team lost "it", and I'm not sure we can get it back in time. I thought we did against fsu, and then nc state happened. Heart says we'll make 2nd weekend, but gut says we get bounced in 2nd round. And I fully expect a 1 possession game with 5 minutes left against western michigan.

I'm all in, but very cautiously doing it

"While Syracuse has lost five of its last seven games, Western Michigan enters the NCAA Tournament with 12 wins in its last 13 games."

"While Syracuse has lost five of its last seven games, Western Michigan enters the NCAA Tournament with 12 wins in its last 13 games."

Dave... For some reason, I think you are a hater!

OK, so that's one win. Tourny lasts more than one game. No one here's gonna say they'd be happy with one win when it's all over.

But I get it. It's one game at a time... besides I don't like to post gloom and doom.

However I stand by my first post...just sayin'...

strumpfasaurus said:
Not worried about Kansas or Florida. Historically Boeheim has done well against both of those teams and he seems to beat those type of teams in the tournament. It's the first weekend I am worried about.

Were you worried about Beline last season?

Sorry, but historics don't mean much in the college game with the amount of turnover in talent there is. What JB does against Donovan 2-3 years ago doesn't mean much now.

Dave... For some reason, I think you are a hater!

Absolutely not. Just the last seven games have shaken my faith. I haven't seen a team fall from such a high point to being beat by bubble teams before in all the years I've watch Orange basketball.

OK, so that's one win. Tourny lasts more than one game. No one here's gonna say they'd be happy with one win when it's all over.

But I get it. It's one game at a time... besides I don't like to post gloom and doom.

However I stand by my first post...just sayin'...

I wasn't posting gloom and doom. This is the facts: "While Syracuse has lost five of its last seven games, Western Michigan enters the NCAA Tournament with 12 wins in its last 13 games."

If the team that showed up to play FSU plays Western Michigan the Orange win no problem. If the team that showed up to play NCST in the ACC tournament shows up they might lose to Western Michigan. The way the Orange are playing there's not guaranteed first round victory. I'm not being hater but just realistic. I sure hope and want the team that showed up to play FSU shows up for all six NCAA games!

Not me, no way. I guess I look at the NC St game a little (or a lot) differently than some. While I can see Cooney continuing to struggle, no way with Fair. Grant didn't have a spectacular game against NC State, but he did hold things together for us by getting rebounds and going to the line consistently. I see Grant continuing to attack with effectiveness, Fair bouncing back like he just about always does after an off night (which is rare) and Ennis playing like himself. If Cooney just plays within himself, doesn't force things and Rak can stay aggressive without picking up silly fouls that severely limit his playing time, we should be just fine in Buffalo.

The NC St. game bothers me because I wanted another shot at Duke, an opportunity to win the ACCT and to get back to playing good basketball. However, the lack of offense doesn't concern me as much as games prior to the FSU game because I believe we played better offensively; we had good shots... we just missed them (obviously). Also, Grant is back and seems to be healthy enough to be a positive force.

Once we take care of business in Buffalo (two wins in our pocket), I see the team only picking up steam. I'm not sure I would pick a W over Florida (if both teams get that far), but I like our chances if we won three games to get there because that would obviously mean we are back to playing good ball.

Something else to think about... as horrendous as our shooting was against NC St., we were in it until the very end which I think is pretty incredible. With the exception of Virginia, no matter how poor we have shot the ball, we have still had an opportunity to win in the closing seconds against the other four teams that beat us. Who else can say that? I like our chances still, I really do. I still believe in this team and I think they are going to come in with the right mindset with everyone basically counting them out.

Not expecting anything beyond sweet sixteen.
Sadly, I was trying to be honest with myself and I have Dayton beating them in the round of 32.

Usually, I can convince myself as to why they should make it to the final four.

I honestly don't know what to predict this year for us. I know I'm not picking us to lose to Western freaking Michigan but after that I just don't know. I'm usually pretty good about our tournament capabilities too although I totally missed the boat last year. I didn't expect Final Four at all before the tournament began, even though we started looking much better in the BE tourney at MSG.

I wasn't posting gloom and doom.
I wasn't picking on you Dave - just making a general statement about what/how I like to post. And your misinterpretation is exactly why I tend to avoid these threads. ;-)

I think it would be unrealistic to not notice the team that seemed to have some magic and lustre a few weeks ago has become a little less magical and bit tarnished.
I'll be as happy as anyone on this board if "Good Orange" shows up.

If we beat NC State last Friday and Cooney tried to play Saturday with that bum ankle, he would be behind in his recovery.

So at least 1 positive came out of the loss!

The second weekend team we need to worry about is New Mexico. If they play well they would destroy us.

I wasn't picking on you Dave - just making a general statement about what/how I like to post. And your misinterpretation is exactly why I tend to avoid these threads. ;-)

What he heck do you mean by "misinterpretation"! Are yer saying I'm stupid?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom