Class of 2020 - Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024)

We're still talking about that pointless bowl game?

May be pointless to you but to others it showed what we have and need to .make big time improvement iin which HCFB is doing and that is my point.. Got it

True. But we were SO far behind going into this season that we had to really hit the portal hard. Next season with Coach having his staff and the time to properly recruit, then we can have high school kids he wants instead of having to plug so many holes on such short notice.

This is a bridge year with how many portal guys we are taking

Need time for his 24 class and 25 class to develop
How many wins result from your Bridge Year?

May be pointless to you but to others it showed what we have and need to .make big time improvement iin which HCFB is doing and that is my point.. Got it
It was pointless to all involved. We literally didn't have a QB.

Fran knew he had work to do, he didn't need the Boca Bowl to tell him.

A little late but...

party GIF

Are we really thinking Weatherspoon at T - I thought he would make for a monster G. Guess it comes down to foot speed though as well. He did move pretty well for his size.
Just one more thing. The transfers we are bringing in for the OL should all be back for 2025.

Weatherspoon and Hornsby both have two years of eligibility remaining. Miller has 4 years left.

If these guys are good, it won’t be a stop back for 2024 only.

Just one more thing. The transfers we are bringing in for the OL should all be back for 2025.

Weatherspoon and Hornsby both have two years of eligibility remaining. Miller has 4 years left.

If these guys are good, it won’t be a stop back for 2024 only.
Similarly, if they're not immediate starters, they could still become starters down the road.

Nice having a little bit of time for development.

Similarly, if they're not immediate starters, they could still become starters down the road.

Nice having a little bit of time for development.
They give the youngsters time to learn and grow in the system.

"I was a die hard Carmelo Anthony fan," Hornsby said. "Growing up, I was a die hard Carmelo Anthony fan. Anytime NCAA basketball game came out, I always did a dynasty with the Syracuse Orange. It always stuck. I've just been a big Carmelo fan and it influenced my whole life. Just gravitated me towards Syracuse my whole life."

Have to like this kid! Some really nice info in here in a free article from Mike M.

Also Codie claims he had more than 30 offers after he hit the portal. Not interest, offers.

It does look like we have a good 8-9 guys who could start and thats perfect so they can stick too one position. i know i have said this before, but oline needs chemistry big time. Each guy needs to know exactly what guy next to him does and how he does it. This is where we can excel with the offensive speed guys we have if our blocking does better than it has last 4 years. This year we could pull ourselves up and maybe be a playoff team. In Fran we trust. DART

LT-Enrique Cruz
LG-Hornsby
C-Reed
RG-Miller
RT-Wohlabaugh

In rotation/depth
More
Weatherspoon
Joe Cruz
Ellis

Probably the deepest and most talented O-line we’ve had in awhile. That starting O-line is a UNIT. Some big physical dudes on that interior
They keep talking about Meolla. He is a big dude and with a year of lifting he had, that should help him road grading dudes.

This is a bridge year with how many portal guys we are taking

Need time for his 24 class and 25 class to develop
I do think we will have to hit it hard again next year as we will lose Diggs, Qb, Wax, Barone i think, our stud reciever, and a few other peices. After that we could slow down a bit but i think we will always lose a guy we need to replace so we will always be in it.

I do think we will have to hit it hard again next year as we will lose Diggs, Qb, Wax, Barone i think, our stud reciever, and a few other peices. After that we could slow down a bit but i think we will always lose a guy we need to replace so we will always be in it.

Of course, you have to always be in the portal in this day and age

But we took more than normal from the portal this season. That won’t always be the case

What I am a bit excited about with the Hornsby pickup and Miller and Weatherspoon as well is they all seem like upside additions and when you have these guys going against our upgrades on the dline we have an "iron sharpens iron" scenario. Add in the staffs bootcamp style team building that will help with line cohesion (we hope and also starts with reps in spring practice) and could end up with a decent oline overall on Saturdays this fall. Sure lots still needs to happen but I like the direction.

LT-Enrique Cruz
LG-Hornsby
C-Reed
RG-Miller
RT-Wohlabaugh

In rotation/depth
More
Weatherspoon
Joe Cruz
Ellis

Probably the deepest and most talented O-line we’ve had in awhile. That starting O-line is a UNIT. Some big physical dudes on that interior
Still nervous about Cruz at LT. That's the most important spot if you want to keep McCord healthy.

Still nervous about Cruz at LT. That's the most important spot if you want to keep McCord healthy.
One thing to remember, our DL at least has Diggs who is an elite SEC proven player. This won’t be years past where we have unknowns on both lines and it’s hard to tell through the Spring who is really performing well. If he does well against Diggs then we’ll know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom