Class of 2020 - Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024)

Hope is not a plan.
Jordan Pray GIF by TheMacnabs

I still think fro next year we will need 1 additional starting CB and maybe 1 dlinemen and 2 oline guys to truly become a great team. To play this defense against stud tesms we ned corners whpcan play man excessively well and dline guys to stuff run with 4-2. Not needing help from safety does help defense.

I still think fro next year we will need 1 additional starting CB and maybe 1 dlinemen and 2 oline guys to truly become a great team. To play this defense against stud tesms we ned corners whpcan play man excessively well and dline guys to stuff run with 4-2. Not needing help from safety does help defense.
I think we have a real player in Marcellus Barnes.

I like Barnes. Bellamy might improved each year. Plus we have Grant. I don’t love what’s behind them but I do like the longer and faster DB’s they are recruiting.
I think Emily said Bellamy and Grant are the 1's at this point. Some concern with Bellamy. Barnes is very fast and talented but green. Thank god for Grant.

There's talent in the pipeline with early enrollees (Haile and Long) and July guys with serious speed (James and McDaniels). But I hear you that there's an experience gap (break glass we have Duce!). Personally I'm hoping Barnes comes along real quick.

Last edited:
In theory, I like it I just think of what Colorado’s OLine looked like this year. Pretty sure they brought in all new starters and had probably the worst line in P5
OL is all about sum of pieces meshing to become a cohesive unit. We seem to be adding the necessary pieces, but that is only the base for building a line unit. You cannot do anything until you get those building blocks.
Up to coaching and playing to establish line cohesion.

I think Emily said Bellamy and Grant are the 1's at this point. Some concern with Bellamy. Barnes is very fast and talented but green. Thank god for Grant.

There's talent in the pipeline with early enrollees (Haile and Long) and July guys with serious speed (James and McDaniels). But I hear you that there's an experience gap (break glass we have Duce!). Personally I'm hoping Barnes comes along real quick.
any word on the ND CB transfer that has NJ roots? He would be a nice bridge for Barnes, etc.

If your goal is aligned with our team (ACC Championship), then if QB2 plays, the season is over. That's all I'm saying.

If the goal is 8-4 and a bowl game, then sure, QB2 is important.

8-4 is the goal in year 1. Everything follows from Fran & Co. showing they can coach a team on the field. My belief is high, but they still have to do it. Winning the conference this year would be the cherry on top, but is not the whole enchilada. Build a contender, then we'll win the conference soon enough with these guys.

I think we have a real player in Marcellus Barnes.
Iwas thinking other side andi know thekid can play but when we play Clemson or Georgia, they will have some serious receivers and Freshman dont tend to do well in them games.

OL is all about sum of pieces meshing to become a cohesive unit. We seem to be adding the necessary pieces, but that is only the base for building a line unit. You cannot do anything until you get those building blocks.
Up to coaching and playing to establish line cohesion.
I just hate seeing guys bounce all over cause they never get settled in one spot. Yeah they can play all spots ok but never great cause their practice reps are everywhere ya know. Drives me nuts. You just learn how the guy next to u is gonna block the zone or pass. kinda a feel.

8-4 is the goal in year 1. Everything follows from Fran & Co. showing they can coach a team on the field. My belief is high, but they still have to do it. Winning the conference this year would be the cherry on top, but is not the whole enchilada. Build a contender, then we'll win the conference soon enough with these guys.
I'm glad that's not the staff's mindset.

Has he been practicing btw or even matriculated? Feel like saw some ado about him showing up to a spring practice recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom