Grant gone according to inside source. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Grant gone according to inside source.

After reading this idiotic thread I only have 1 comment to make...

Why are people scared of Louisville next year? They are losing everyone when Harrell goes pro.

Have heard recently that he was now leaning toward leaving. So the OP is likely correct. Too bad. He's likely a second rounder with no guaranteed money. Would be a mistake.

Who leaves early next year...Mccullough Joseph Roberson? Not a stretch honestly...will get tons of PT , exposure, and will put up numbers just frim playing a ton...if its even debatable im sure they will go

N
Have heard recently that he was now leaning toward leaving. So the OP is likely correct. Too bad. He's likely a second rounder with no guaranteed money. Would be a mistake.
No chance Grant slips to the 2nd round. Grant is like Aaron Gordon from Arizona both are freak athletes who can be good defenders with their long arms but neither can hit a jumper. Grant wouldn't get by Danny Ainge's 2nd 1st round pick in the high teens.
Donte Greene couldn't play defense that won't be Grant's problem.

PauliePeppas said:
Who leaves early next year...Mccullough Joseph Roberson? Not a stretch honestly...will get tons of PT , exposure, and will put up numbers just frim playing a ton...if its even debatable im sure they will go

Absolutely. McCullough thinks he's a pro already and Joseph may have a season comparable to Ennis'. Both could leave after one year, so I wouldn't get worked up about 15-16.

The past couple years have been fantastic with the program seemingly going through a renaissance if not entering into a phase where we become unmistakeably among the elite bluebloods of college basketball.

In contrast, after riding the subsequent crest of 25-0 the tide seems to have radically changed and the program seems to be under the siege of a host of bad events and possibilities. A team which had some trouble scoring inexplicably became completely unable to score with any consistency, the team morale seemed questionable, we lose most of the final games of the season, our freshman phenom opts for the NBA, there are rampant rumors of our "coach in waiting" about to jump ship, we find out that the rehab of our once promising Mickey D all-american 5 star center is not going well and in fact may never play significant minutes for us, it begins to look like a 2nd underclassman star will bolt for the NBA... and meanwhile Uconn is in the final 4.

But... help is on the way and I'm excited about Joseph, MacCullough, Malachi, and replacing Tyler with Tyler Lydon.

Cheer up folks. We will be fine. Typically, when things seem to be going really well, things are never as good at they seem and conversely when things seem bad they are not really as bad as they seem.

N

No chance Grant slips to the 2nd round. Grant is like Aaron Gordon from Arizona both are freak athletes who can be good defenders with their long arms but neither can hit a jumper. Grant wouldn't get by Danny Ainge's 2nd 1st round pick in the high teens.
Donte Greene couldn't play defense that won't be Grant's problem.
Donte could score, that will be grants problem.

Where u gonna put him??

The 3?? And lose all that scoring??

Or the 4??? And watch men just abuse the shlit out him for 25 & 15???

I'm with jake, 2nd rounder and guaranteed Dleaguer.

But Hopkins is back!?!

Could have thought about it more??

Never once said he would definitely come back. It was he was 100% gone if Hop left. Guess it didn't matter unfortunately.

Donte could score, that will be grants problem.

Where u gonna put him??

The 3?? And lose all that scoring??

Or the 4??? And watch men just abuse the shlit out him for 25 & 15???

I'm with jake, 2nd rounder and guaranteed Dleaguer.
I would make any reasonable bet you want to make that Jerami Grant will be picked in the first round. Aaron Gordon can't shoot and he is going in the top 10. In the NBA he can play the 3. Grant's offense isn't that bad. In the NBA more coaches would prefer rookies who can defend and develop their offense rather than the other way around unless that offense is going to average 20ppg. Greene could shoot but couldn't defend thus he wasn't going to last.

Well I for one don't want this to happen again and hope our players suck so they have no other option but to stay :rolleyes:.

Seriously though it makes me wonder if players see our track record with early entrees the past 3-4 years so we'll continue to attract recruits whose sole goal will be to leave early and not a national championship.

What's strange is that neither Tyler nor Jerami come from disadvantaged circumstances creating extra pressure, yet they are willing to gamble or trust outside assurances on their draft status and leave. I don't know if it means they are so confident in their abilities that they will either prove themselves at workouts or once at some future unknown franchise they will show they belong regardless where drafted. Or conversely, if its actually a factor of lacking confidence that they can improve their play (thus draft status) with another year under their belt, so grabbing the money now looks good.

Last edited:
The sad part of so many kids bolting early for the NBA is that so few of them actually carve out a significant career in the league. For every success story there are dozens of Jonny Flynns and Fab Melos.

Even more sad is the realization that the days when we saw kids commit to our University and had the opportunity to watch them develop for up to 4 years and lend some consistency to the program is gone forever. Anyone who is worth getting really excited about will likely be gone in one year. And meanwhile, most of the teams in the NBA suck and that's with a constant infusion of these kids who are a long way from being mature physically, emotionally, athletically, socially, and intellectually.

I'm grateful that I was around to see the birth, growth and development of the early Big East. Now that was college basketball. You got so see kids commit and hang around and you could look forward to how they would be part of the team for longer than 6 months of one year. The games were more exciting. The level of play was lightyears ahead of what we watch now. There was this thing that you would see in every game that you rarely see now. It's called SCORING. The pace and tempo was faster and the competition was better. The product we see now is vastly inferior to what we once were treated to. We may not have been able to see every game which was played, but when Cuse was on TV it was an EVENT!

From time to time we can see flashes of what it used to be like but on the whole the college game is not as good as it used to be. And the lure of the NBA and early departures has largely been responsible for ruining the college game. It's sad, it really is.

Last edited:
Absolutely. McCullough thinks he's a pro already and Joseph may have a season comparable to Ennis'. Both could leave after one year, so I wouldn't get worked up about 15-16.

The team has had a great run by all but a few programs standards and all indications are it will continue. You should really try to enjoy it.

Donte Greene couldn't play defense that won't be Grant's problem.[/quote]

Gordon is much smoother with the ball in his hands. He is stronger, a good passer, and a proven good defender in a strong m2m system.

Last edited:
As if that wouldn't happen anyway

Hey now, It's not my fault somebody built a bar between work and home.. My truck just kinda veers that way on Fridays.

The sad part of so many kids bolting early for the NBA is that so few of them actually carve out a significant career in the league. For every success story there are dozens of Jonny Flynns and Fab Melos.

Even more sad is the realization that the days when we saw kids commit to our University and had the opportunity to watch them develop for up to 4 years and lend some consistency to the program is gone forever. Anyone who is worth getting really excited about will likely be gone in one year. And meanwhile, most of the teams in the NBA suck and that's with a constant infusion of these kids who are a long way from being mature physically, emotionally, athletically, socially, and intellectually.

I'm grateful that I was around to see the birth, growth and development of the early Big East. Now that was college basketball. You got so see kids commit and hang around and you could look forward to how they would be part of the team for longer than 6 months of one year. The games were more exciting. The level of play was lightyears ahead of what we watch now. There was this thing that you would see in every game that you rarely see now. It's called SCORING. The pace and tempo was faster and the competition was better. The product we see now is vastly inferior to what we once were treated to. We may not have been able to see every game which was played, but when Cuse was on TV it was an EVENT!

From time to time we can see flashes of what it used to be like but on the whole the college game is not as good as it used to be. And the lure of the NBA and early departures has largely been responsible for ruining the college game. It's sad, it really is.

As I said in a earlier post, the NCAA can't change NBA rules to keep kids here longer but they can change their own rule: allow players to remain eligible until they actually sign a pro contract, to give them an option of returning if they don't get drafted where they thought they might go and can't catch on with a team or don't like the terms of a contract proposal. That actually empowers the kids in their contract negotiations and it will help the NBA because they won't get a player until he's really ready.

On the other end of things, allow a player who has played professionally to return to school to get his degree and, if he has any eligibility left, he could use it to play for the schools' team for a year, work on his game and try to launch himself for another shot at the NBA. Baseball players who don't make the big leagues on the first try get to use the minor leagues as a trampoline to bounce back up to the majors. If the colleges are the NBA's and NFL's minor leagues, let's allow them to do the same thing in those sports.

Look at the bright side. Three of our worst shooters are leaving. The people playing in their places can't be worse shooters. If Grant is gone, get prepared for one of the worst early season schedules ever.

Haven't seen ESPN or any other sports news outlet break this yet so I will hold on to very slim hope.

Haven't seen ESPN or any other sports news outlet break this yet so I will hold on to very slim hope.

you probably won't see anything until mid next week either way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom