Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

How.

The hell.

Did NO ONE bother to look at the jersey.

BEFORE THE FREAKING CEREMONY.

How the hell can Giasante suggest that only one person ever saw the jersey? What the hell kind of delegation is that? "I'm sure you'll do fine with this, sport!" No one bothers to proof anything? Actually, that makes sense, given some of the other mistakes over the years.

Un-freaking-believable.

For the record, SUAD people who chose not to hire me last summer, I know how to spell Bouie.

Giasante is playing the freaking VICTIM card. Some leader...NOT...him and his damn boss need to be shown the door...cronies incorporated...

Another question is why didn't they use the jersey style Bouie and Louie wore while they played. Melo cameback they gave him a 2002-2003 home jersey encased, when Derrick Coleman's 44 got retired they gave him a 1987 Syracuse jersey. They should have given those 2 1976 Syracuse style jerseys and not the duct tape silver ones.

You know I had a similar thought...honestly I think with a little reflection JB would just say it's no big deal, people make mistakes.
You were prescient, my friend. See the article in the Post Standard today about his "meh" response.

Another question is why didn't they use the jersey style Bouie and Louie wore while they played. Melo cameback they gave him a 2002-2003 home jersey encased, when Derrick Coleman's 44 got retired they gave him a 1987 Syracuse jersey. They should have given those 2 1976 Syracuse style jerseys and not the duct tape silver ones.

Another detail that somehow managed to slip through the cracks.

Not always. Sometimes players get a framed jersey of the style currently in use. Coleman got lucky in that SU wore script throwbacks a year or two before his jersey was retired, so he got one of those (notice that he got a Nike jersey, when SU wore Champion up until 1994). Seikaly got lucky with a throwback also.

Our inconsistency is the only constant.

seikly.gif

medium_owens.jpg

13689900-mmmain.jpg

Last edited:

Well Joe and Daryl thought that's what they were getting until they handed over the jerseys during the ceremony. It's not something like you would need to double-check on. Probably that same damn kid who screwed up the name.

Alsacs said:

This makes me insane. If SU is honoring a past great the least they can do is frame a jersey like the one the guy played in. How much could doing that possibly cost?!

Such amateur hour in that AD.

You were prescient, my friend. See the article in the Post Standard today about his "meh" response.
Heh, yeah...that doesn't surprise me at all. He's got a nice perspective on a lot of things life related.

Not always. Sometimes players get a framed jersey of the style currently in use. Coleman got lucky in that SU wore script throwbacks a year or two before his jersey was retired, so he got one of those (notice that he got a Nike jersey, when SU wore Champion up until 1994). Seikaly got lucky with a throwback also.

Our inconsistency is the only constant.

seikly.gif

medium_owens.jpg

13689900-mmmain.jpg
Kinda weird Seikaly got the front framed...was there a typo there also?

From those photos, you get the sense that SU uses whatever uniforms are in the equipment room for these ceremonies.

lol, I literally thought the same thing. Whatever is handy. The Owens jersey exemplifies that completely.

Kinda weird Seikaly got the front framed...was there a typo there also?

Would have been a good way to avoid embarrassment had anyone have noticed the Bouie jersey.

Here's the thing...

1. It would be one thing if this was an isolated case. As had been shown in this and the other thread, it's not. The AD has constantly botched things like this. I mean they had a Mulligan on the Ernie Davis Statute and STILL messed up.

2. Yeah "people make mistakes." One time I wrote mismatched Socks. Another day I forgot my lunch. What I have not done is publicly embarrass mmyself in front of national television. There are some situations where "people make mistakes" is unacceptable.

3. This is just me, but I don't think "Rosies a classy guy" gives you a free pass to his Jersey ceremony. Clearly he deserved better.

You're asking a lot, be happy we framed a Syracuse Jersey for them and didn't try to slip them into one of the many surplus Rutgers or Seton Hall jerseys that must be laying around in the overstock bins at Champion. I mean its just a jersey retirement, not like it has to be a Syracuse Jersey.

He is in charge of the athletic department and his wife is on charge of promotions.

Get the F out of town tonight.

You cannot misspell a FWcking jersey retirement.

Leave. Go back to USC.

Attention to detail.

Something that the Athletic Department has struggled to master for awhile now.

It is embarrassing.

And though JB dismissed the mistake, it just simply should not have occurred.

Attention to detail.

It is embarrassing.

Apparently you can half ass your job if it's being done for someone who's a "classy guy."

Attention to detail.

It is embarrassing.

I just think JB didn't want to add fuel to the fire in public, but I'd be willing to bet he wasn't so understanding behind closed doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom