Guess we’re not the only ones anymore | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Guess we’re not the only ones anymore

Yeah I don't think the NBA really expects (do they??) to substantially increase G league viewership.

Its an interesting give and take for the NBA; I do think in general it's probably better for the development of the elite HS players for them to be in something like this, but on the other side, it's better for the development of them as stars, for lack of a better term, for them to have a year or two in college to build their name. You look at Zion, for instance, the guy became a mega star before he set foot in the NBA.

Yeah no doubt Zion got value out of college and going back Melo did when he was here. That's why it makes sense just to have guys earn endorsements while they are here. I'm not saying college is perfect, but no way Zion earns the endorsement deals he received if he went this new route.

I get it, but kids were playing in the NBL/China and they don't want to stay in Canton? It's a way to attract kids without them the kids having to worry about falling on their faces. It's really not a true minor league then and it's not going to increase G league viewership.

I don't really think they're doing this to increase GLeague viewership.

NBA agent Happy Walters foresees a lot more of top high school players going overseas or to G-League instead of college. He's very honest about what "college" experience is for one-and-dones.

They get into this topic relatively late in the podcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom