Hate to say but SU is a solid NIT team | Syracusefan.com

Hate to say but SU is a solid NIT team

Trueblue25 said:
We're a growing team that will survive the ACC and improve throughout the year. I think we reach 21-22 wins and make the tournament.

What are we growing? Growing teams don't beat Va Tach by two points. They don't be La Tech by two points.

If we're growing, we're growing a lot slower than other teams.

What are we growing? Growing teams don't beat Va Tach by two points. They don't be La Tech by two points.

If we're growing, we're growing a lot slower than other teams.
I'm sorry but if you haven't seen the progress from the Cal game to today you just aren't paying attention. I understand the 2nd half was brutal, but the improvement as a whole is obvious from November.

To say we're a solid NIT team is an overreaction. Could we end up in the NIT? Definitely. Could we end up in the NCAAT without having to do anything spectacular? Yes. I'd say it's 50/50 right now

To say we're a solid NIT team is an overreaction. Could we end up in the NIT? Definitely. Could we end up in the NCAAT without having to do anything spectacular? Yes. I'd say it's 50/50 right now
And a lot of teams are saying the same thing. Are we Kentucky? No. Are we good enough to be a top 32 at large team? Yes.

jdubs30 said:
I'm sorry but if you haven't seen the progress from the Cal game to today you just aren't paying attention. I understand the 2nd half was brutal, but the improvement as a whole is obvious from November.

Is there some progress? Sure, but if you can't beat tech by more than two you're a bad team. I'm sorry, it is what it is.

Whatever growing we were doing, we took a step back in the 2nd half of that game. I just don't see what good teams we are going to beat right now.

Is there some progress? Sure, but if you can't beat tech by more than two you're a bad team. I'm sorry, it is what it is.

Why do you always have to speak so matter-of-factly? It comes across very defensive.

WE don't know what we have.

We have played 2-3 halfs against good physical pressure defense and that is when the team has been at its worst. We can't practice against that in practice, sadly.

Everybody throwing this team under the bus right now is doing it agianst 2-3 halfs against physical defense, and we hung on to win one of them, probably should have won two(should have beat nova).

People going nuts over one game, Makes me think of depaul 09-10 where we nearly loss on the road. If scoop and joseph didn't hit a three pointer(and they were not good outside shooters that year). :bang:

This is a bit premature we quit trying in the 2nd half and almost lost but we can make the tourney this year. With our early ACC schedule I can see getting to 11-7 or 10-8 without any What losses.
We aren't a NC contender obviously but Cooney has adjusted his role and has improved since the St. John's game and Rak is a solid 10-15 every night.
Gbinijie/Roberson/Joseph/Patterson/McCollough need to rotate stepping up every night.

22 wins? LOL. thats one of the funniest posts i have read all year. that would be 13-5 in conference. sweet lord the stuff u read here.
He is probably counting 1 0r 2 wins in the ACC Tourney

We stopped playing at halftime. If we play a full 40 minutes we blow them out like we are supposed to. Yeah the 2nd half was very discouraging but couldn't have played much better in the 1st. My opinion of the team has not changed. They just need to become more consistent and they can play with most teams.

This is a bit premature we quit trying in the 2nd half and almost lost but we can make the tourney this year. With our early ACC schedule I can see getting to 11-7 or 10-8 without any What losses.
We aren't a NC contender obviously but Cooney has adjusted his role and has improved since the St. John's game and Rak is a solid 10-15 every night.
Gbinijie/Roberson/Joseph/Patterson/McCollough need to rotate stepping up every night.

I don't see us getting through the season without at least 1 What loss, maybe even 2, and to be honest with you, this season I wouldn't even call it a What loss.

Brooky03 said:
Why do you always have to speak so matter-of-factly? It comes across very defensive.

I'm not defensive about anything. I think we're a bad team. Call out somebody else's opinions.

Didn't respond well to the 3/4 court aggressive pressure a la Nova.

It seems more and more in college hoops, if you run around like madmen and hack, bump, clutch ... the refs fall into some kind of trance and just give you the benefit of the doubt on just about everything.

At one point a VT player along the baseline was literally standing a foot out of bounds with ball in hand and no call.

Will not beat a top twenty team
Six definite losses against Duke 2 NC 1 Virginia 1 Louisville 1 nd 1
50/50 against : Pitt2 Miami 1 Gt 1 NCst 1 FSt 1 = 3
What loss BC2 WF 1 Vt 1 = 1
ACC T = 1
That's 15? Losses
Best win Iowa

We stopped playing at halftime. If we play a full 40 minutes we blow them out like we are supposed to. Yeah the 2nd half was very discouraging but couldn't have played much better in the 1st. My opinion of the team has not changed. They just need to become more consistent and they can play with most teams.

Just play better. That's what I'd do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom