Hearing that the new assistants have been hired... | Syracusefan.com

Hearing that the new assistants have been hired...

paging insiders. paging insiders to the white courtesy phone.

someone get me out of this rainy monday malaise.

I heard both harbaughs are joining the staff :)

and both of the Ryan's. The press conferences will be more interesting then the games.

Should we be studying the coaching staffs of the ravens and niners for east coast or college connections?

i cant believe that the post standard still hasnt reported that their are any openeings.

49ERS

How about Jim Leavitt who acted as Linebackers Coach this past year.? or maybe Jim Tomsula who was DLine coach. or
Brad Seely who was Special Teams Coordinator/ Assistant Head Coach.
Ravens
Roy Anderson - current Defensive Assistant/Secondary Coach or maybe Clarence Brooks who is the Defensive Line Coach for the ravens and is a New York native.
just my guesses but hey you never know.

Ravens
or maybe Clarence Brooks who is the Defensive Line Coach for the ravens and is a New York native.
You really believe that Clarence would leave his son (also on the Ravens' staff) to return to Syracuse (he was on Mac's staff '81-'89 when HCDM was playing for the Orange) to be a position coach?

49ERS

How about Jim Leavitt who acted as Linebackers Coach this past year.? or maybe Jim Tomsula who was DLine coach. or
Brad Seely who was Special Teams Coordinator/ Assistant Head Coach.
Ravens
Roy Anderson - current Defensive Assistant/Secondary Coach or maybe Clarence Brooks who is the Defensive Line Coach for the ravens and is a New York native.
just my guesses but hey you never know.
I think Clarence Brooks has a closer tie than being a NY native. We've known him in a past life. :)

i heard steve morrison at LB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Morrison_(American_football)

In 2005, he took the Western Michigan defensive line coaching position on new head coach Bill Cubit's staff.[29] That same year Scott Shafer, the currentSyracuse University defensive coordinator, assumed the defensive coordinator position at Western Michigan

He became team captain in 1994 for coach Gary Moeller.[27] On a team that had two All-Americans (Ty Law and Remy Hamilton), he was one of six All-Big Ten players (Law, Hamilton, Tyrone Wheatley, Amani Toomer and Jason Horn) and a Butkus Award semifinalis

Wonder what took so long, if true.

i doubt it took as long as we think it did. we just dont have an official way of knowing because the post standard is horrible.

also heard that we prob arent going to hire a ST coach. marrone will handle that.

January 04, 2010:
Steve Morrison’s popularity among his players and colleagues couldn’t save him from an unpleasant bottom line:
His Western Michigan University defense ranked 102nd out of 120 teams in college football’s top division last season and WMU’s disappointing 5-7 record reflected those woes.
Morrison won’t be back as defensive coordinator, head coach Bill Cubit confirmed Sunday, though the move had been rumored for weeks after Cubit fired two other defensive assistants and made clear he was taking a hard look at his entire program.

Wonder what took so long, if true.
I would like that hire. Former All-B10 backer, from Mich and a power HS, could help TW recruit over there, as he was a big time player for the Wolverines... Kinda like their DC in a way

also heard that we prob arent going to hire a ST coach. marrone will handle that.

STUPID!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom