Here's the problem with the guard transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Here's the problem with the guard transfers

And he wouldn't have played there either. Who cares how many stars someone has? Over the last decade, the system is losing its value. More and more elite kids at the high school level are coming into the college ranks completely unprepared to play the game. Kentucky just had a five star recruit transfer in season because he wasn't good enough to warrant playing time.
I can’t bother.
If people think Goodine doesn’t play at
Any P5 team this year then I am not going to bother.
The kid was a top 100 recruit. There are numerous P5 teams he starts at this year and plays at.

What does 4 stars have to do with anything. Put me in coach don’t you know I’m a 4 star. Nice try valley girl oh my gooood.
Okay fanboy. Everything is awesome at our program. You are right.
You got me. I am totally owned.
Oh god I am so wrong Brycen Goodine sucks. He wouldn’t have played anywhere.

“Showing interest” isn’t even close to an offer. JG3 actually got an offer from Duke
You are correct by the book but Goodine’s HS coach shut down the interest when the kid said he wanted to be Demetrius Nichols 2.0 and committed to Syracuse so early.

I am not going to say anymore as it’s pointless. But you were right.

I love the poster’s information posts but next year if we have a losing season it will be spun like after all these years why people complaining.
During non-conference, you and many others said it would take a miracle to finish with a winning record. And JB would deserve coach of the year if he pulled it off.

Just saying.

Good frigging grief! The fact that you're pitching Sidibe as someone so stellar speaks for itself. He had a few nice games late in the season and contributed, but wow! Did you watch the Miami game? That team was a joke, and he fouled himself out about as quickly in that one as he did all season. Is there any team in our conference that he would start for? How many P5 teams at that? Syracuse University is the 5th winning program in college basketball, our fan base believes we are in that group right behind those 4 (elite) programs that have more wins in Kentucky, Kansas, Duke & UNC.

Disagree on Sidibe. There have been lots of SU centers that people either thought sucked or were average at best, that came on later in their careers. Often times it wasnt until their senior year. I think Sidibe is poised for a solid senior season - one in which he’ll be better than roughly half of the centers in the league.

During non-conference, you and many others said it would take a miracle to finish with a winning record. And JB would deserve coach of the year if he pulled it off.

Just saying.
I did not. Go check what I said. I said we would win games because the ACC was down and that win streak was in jeopardy but I was not saying it was 100% over.

I saw what the conference was going to be.

The lack of sportsball due to COVID-19 is really bringing the fanatic out of the fan base.
I call it the way I see it.
I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.
Right now our fanbase is full of people who don’t want to be realists.

I was optimistic for next year now I am not.
I have given JB credit for fixing the offense but again we can’t have complete teams.
We are losing players in the program and need actual scholarship athletes for next year.

I can’t bother.
If people think Goodine doesn’t play at
Any P5 team this year then I am not going to bother.
The kid was a top 100 recruit. There are numerous P5 teams he starts at this year and plays at.
Okay fanboy. Everything is awesome at our program. You are right.
You got me. I am totally owned.
Oh god I am so wrong Brycen Goodine sucks. He wouldn’t have played anywhere.
And yet, you did.

I bet you wanted Michael Gbinije to quit Syracuse after 2014 right.
Nope, because he showed real promise (although he did seem a tweener potion wise).
I didn't/don't want Goodine to quit, either, because I think he showed glimpses of promise, too. But he didn't show anything in the time he did get on the court to warrant any serious minutes later in the season, and apparently showed very little in practice, too. I thought if he worked hard this off-season he could fit nicely as the third guard next year. But apparently he didn't want that.

Only played 111 minutes as a freshman at Duke and still just 497 as a third year sophomore. How did he ever manage to “develop” without being handed early playing time?
This doesn’t help your argument.
We have people saying Goodine wouldn’t have played anywhere last year.

Was their a Buddy Boeheim ahead of Gbinije at Syracuse his last 2 years at his position?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom