Hip Hop thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

You know how many people don't know about Spice 1?? Him and MC8! Did they do a show? Love the underground stuff!

Kool G Rap... Those that know, will tell you he's a Old School GOAT!
Kool G Rap made an album with Rochester rapper 38 Spesh a few years ago called “Son of G Rap”. It’s pretty good.

One thing I can say from the 36 Chambers tour a couple summers ago: don’t count out the old heads. Plenty of energy left in the old guard and the contemporary talent they influenced.

Agreed. AZ is coming out with an album next week. Nas just came out. The Lox put one out not too long ago. Busta Rhymes album last fall was pretty good. Some of the 90s rappers are still sharp.

Agreed. AZ is coming out with an album next week. Nas just came out. The Lox put one out not too long ago. Busta Rhymes album last fall was pretty good. Some of the 90s rappers are still sharp.
Was “spinning” When Disaster Strikes this summer (iTunes). Like hearing the old school is still active.

Flip Mode was live a couple decades back. Also, that Redman verse…

This has me thinking...I think my favorite album from a veteran, “old” rapper was Scarface - Deeply Rooted. I think that was 2015. Man, I love that album.

Oh word?

Random AZ story - back when I was 18, I went down to NYC for a Yankees game. This was pre-smart phones/GPS, so naturally we got lost on the way home. Ended up in Yonkers trying to find our way back to the interstate. We drove into a neighborhood and went by a house that had 2 or 3 SUV's wrapped in AZ images (I think this was right after Aziatic came out). So I'm assuming that we either drove by his house or the house of his promoter/manager.

Oh word?

Random AZ story - back when I was 18, I went down to NYC for a Yankees game. This was pre-smart phones/GPS, so naturally we got lost on the way home. Ended up in Yonkers trying to find our way back to the interstate. We drove into a neighborhood and went by a house that had 2 or 3 SUV's wrapped in AZ images (I think this was right after Aziatic came out). So I'm assuming that we either drove by his house or the house of his promoter/manager.
I used to argue to anyone that would listen that Aziatic was better than Jay-Z - The Blueprint.

ive always loved AZ. I remember in high school in my mind I used to group him, Nas, and Jay as kind of a trio of peers, but AZ obviously never came near their success. But man he could rap. Hope he still can...first single was good so I’m optimistic.

Also I gotta throw this in, and I really wish I could remember who came up with this but Jaheim was once described as “voice of Teddy Pendergrass, lyrics of Master P”. So accurate, lol.

I used to argue to anyone that would listen that Aziatic was better than Jay-Z - The Blueprint.

ive always loved AZ. I remember in high school in my mind I used to group him, Nas, and Jay as kind of a trio of peers, but AZ obviously never came near their success. But man he could rap. Hope he still can...first single was good so I’m optimistic.

Jahiem wow that’s a blast from the past. AZ still sounds pretty much the same as 20 years ago. Same flow and everything. This is definitely geared toward the 30+ hip hop crowd. Used to bump this one all the time back in the day:

Jahiem wow that’s a blast from the past. AZ still sounds pretty much the same as 20 years ago. Same flow and everything. This is definitely geared toward the 30+ hip hop crowd. Used to bump this one all the time back in the day:

Yes, that flow is still there...which is good!

The Essence is incredible!! I still play it! I might’ve even posted it in this thread at some point, or maybe the last thread.

I think every AZ and Nas collab was great. The Essence is probably my favorite one though.

Yes, that flow is still there...which is good!

The Essence is incredible!! I still play it! I might’ve even posted it in this thread at some point, or maybe the last thread.

I think every AZ and Nas collab was great. The Essence is probably my favorite one though.

It’s either that one or Life’s a B***h. The Format is prob my fav AZ solo song, slightly edging out Sugar Hill.

It’s either that one or Life’s a B***h. The Format is prob my fav AZ solo song, slightly edging out Sugar Hill.

The Format and The Come Up were both crazy in back to back years on different albums, produced by Premier!

Life’s a Bitch, Mo Money Mo Murder Mo Homicide, Phone Tap, How Ya Livin, Serious...they made some monsters together.

If I had to pick a favorite solo it’s “Rather Unique”.

I need to dip into this thread more often. I’m spinning Mobb Deep’s The Infamous as I type; a complete hip-hop dinosaur, I’ve got to check some of the recent drops in this thread and evolve a bit.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to yell at some neighborhood teenagers that appear to be up to no good.
Was rocking that on repeat Saturday night!! Dumm... Dum... Dum There's a war going on outside!! My dudes!

Haha. I had a stretch about 5 years back where I realized I was only listening to old rap and knew little of the new stuff.

I think The Infamous should always get played though - one of the best ever!
Me too... I don't even call this new stuff rap... I have classics in my collection, not on my ipad... And when I'm really feeling it... I put on the 12" versions.

Rocking "only built for cuban linx" right now... Incarcerated scarfaces!!

Me too... I don't even call this new stuff rap... I have classics in my collection, not on my ipad... And when I'm really feeling it... I put on the 12" versions.

Rocking "only built for cuban linx" right now... Incarcerated scarfaces!!

Man, you guys have mentioned Only Built... and The Infamous tonight. Lol. It really doesn’t get any better than those 2.

I like this...
The Format and The Come Up were both crazy in back to back years on different albums, produced by Premier!

Life’s a Bitch, Mo Money Mo Murder Mo Homicide, Phone Tap, How Ya Livin, Serious...they made some monsters together.

Always loved AZ flow! and Premier's beats are one of my favorites!! This was the jam!

Ha! I had to play this back again! The jam!

I like this... He got a flow almost like Guru from Gang Starr.
Funny you say that. I can’t even remember the context but I remember an interview with him talking about how he bought a photo of Guru to hang on his wall or something, so he’s clearly a big fan.

Also Guru made a cameo on Evidence’s group Dilated Peoples biggest single(actually they had a Kanye single that might’ve been bigger but it didn’t knock like this one)...

T
One thing I can say from the 36 Chambers tour a couple summers ago: don’t count out the old heads. Plenty of energy left in the old guard and the contemporary talent they influenced.
They know and respect the craft..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom