Hip Hop thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

If we are talking Southern rap, I don't think anything gets much better than Goodie Mob. Soul Food is one of my favorite rap albums. Below is just the brief intro track, but even this stands out as special, featuring an extremely young Cee-Lo Green on vocals. He was probably about 18-19 this was recorded and he already sounds like a mature singer. His verses on the album are incredible too!

If we are talking Southern rap, I don't think anything gets much better than Goodie Mob. Soul Food is one of my favorite rap albums. Below is just the brief intro track, but even this stands out as special, featuring an extremely young Cee-Lo Green on vocals. He was probably about 18-19 this was recorded and he already sounds like a mature singer. His verses on the album are incredible too!
Yes!! I wasn't even thinking about GM!

OK... I'm doing Hip Hop/R&B Blend Mixtapes this weekend from fav 90's DJ's

Ron G
Doo Wop
Juice
DJ Clue
Kid Capri
DoggTIme
DJ Envy

Classic for you!!
I was looking for some old DJ Juice on Spotify recently, no good. They didn't have any of his old mixtapes. Tony Touch also, I still have a lot of their tapes. Can't find a quality converter though. Also been thinking there's a need for a DJ mixtape search category for old and new on Spotify. Any good new ones? I found one that's decent, and that's Peter Rosenberg, Real Late. Really miss my old mixtapes. Anyone remember that kid from Syracuse, Ill Bill? He had one of my all time favorites, can't remember the title but it had Whodini, Big Mouth on it. I'd pay a premium for a copy of that one.

I was looking for some old DJ Juice on Spotify recently, no good. They didn't have any of his old mixtapes. Tony Touch also, I still have a lot of their tapes. Can't find a quality converter though. Also been thinking there's a need for a DJ mixtape search category for old and new on Spotify. Any good new ones? I found one that's decent, and that's Peter Rosenberg, Real Late. Really miss my old mixtapes. Anyone remember that kid from Syracuse, Ill Bill? He had one of my all time favorites, can't remember the title but it had Whodini, Big Mouth on it. I'd pay a premium for a copy of that one.
Tony Touch, Yes! He was one of my favs too. You tube has most of the full mixtapes as well as google. Here are some more links.

Blend Kings: DJ Envy Empire Strikes Back (Roc A Fella) vol 3 Download Only - Blendkingz.com | The #1 Rated Mixtapes & Video Blend DVDs Worldwide

Mix Cloud:

YTube: DJ JUICE - 100 OLD SKOOL BLENDS (1992 II 1998)

I have so many of these and although the sound quality is not as good as today, It feels real good some time just putting in in Walkman and line- in to the system... It's like a good black and white movie, after a few minutes you don't even notice the sound, just bopping and remembering when, where and how I was bumping those back in the day! Before I had to replace with barney songs and other kid/wife friendly stuff...

Get well!! Mr. Never heard a man, cry till I seen a man die!

One of the greatest line of all time... Imagine peace on this Earth when there's no grief, imagine grief on the earth when there's no peace...

Watching now!!
Ha. I liked basically none of those major Ja hits, so I’m not watching that one. But that highlight was hilarious to me.

I hope/assume they performed “New York” together? That’s one of the few Ja hits that I liked.

Ha. I liked basically none of those major Ja hits, so I’m not watching that one. But that highlight was hilarious to me.

I hope/assume they performed “New York” together? That’s one of the few Ja hits that I liked.
Ja's early stuff was pure hip hop... It was alright. Then he switched to Hip Hop/R&B with Ahanti type stuff. It was good, like the songs, but it wasn't hip hop no more. All someone has to do these days is name themselves "Lil Something", get on tik tok, do something stupid and their called a hip hop artist. Kinda funny...!

Mount Rushmore of hip hop albums:
Tribe - Low End Theory
Pete and CL - Main Ingredient
Outkast - ATLiens
Nas - Illmatic

So hard. But I’m going with it.

I
Mount Rushmore of hip hop albums:
Tribe - Low End Theory
Pete and CL - Main Ingredient
Outkast - ATLiens
Nas - Illmatic

So hard. But I’m going with it.
Nice..

Mine:
Illmatic - Nas
Only Built for Cuban Linx - Reakwon/Wu
Chronic - Dre
Doggy Style - Snoop

There’s just so many ways to come up with an incredible top 4...while still leaving so many out.

thought about it and as you said there is so many choices...and this is my personal go to top 4, not necessarily the Mount Rushmore for everyone or hip hop as a whole, just my go to.

1) Midnight Marauders, Tribe
2) Stakes is High, De La Soul
3) Black Sheep, A Wolf in Sheep‘s Clothing
4) 36 Chambers, Wu Tang Clan

There’s just so many ways to come up with an incredible top 4...while still leaving so many out.

thought about it and as you said there is so many choices...and this is my personal go to top 4, not necessarily the Mount Rushmore for everyone or hip hop as a whole, just my go to.

Nice List!

Yes, I posted my personal go to as well.

This is pure Wu-Tang/Mobb level grimy.

Also, a woman from St. Louis made this beat. The hell??!!!! Griselda!

Rushmore, in no order, and leaving off about 25-30 possible albums:

Notorious B.I.G.: Life After Death
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony: East 1999 Eternal
Fugees: The Score
Wu Tang Clan: 36 Chambers

These lists are so hard; feels like I’ve disrespected so many. Like… DMX “It’s Dark and Hell is Hot” just popped into my mind, and got so much spin back in the day, maybe more than The Fugees.

I've never done one and there's no way I can do my final "list". Maybe by the time I'm 60 I'll be ready. The one's for sure that are there;
Nas...Illmatic
Public Enemy...Yo Bum Rush the Show
Mobb Deep...The Infamous
NWA...Straight Outta Compton
Dr. Dre... The Chronic
Biggie...Ready to Die
Raekwon...Only Built for Cuban Linx
Eric B and Rakim...Paid in Full
BDP...Criminal Minded
Public Enemy...It Takes a Nation of Millions..
and many many more...

it’s crazy that I could have only like 1 album on my list from the last two posts, but still love all the albums named.

I feel like the Intro to DMX first album was extra ridiculous for an album intro. So good.

And albums like “Paid in Full” and “Nation of Millions”...for albums like that to come out in that point of hip hops lifespan??? Those still hold up NOW!! Crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom