Hip Hop thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

Hip Hop Brothers... I need a song for the day with the loss and program state in mind. I need a classic (or something hot)... someething for A mood! What ya'll got for me??

I’m fascinated that Jay-Z is on Twitter….I had no idea.

And maybe even more fascinated that questlove got him to be candid about his disappointment with an album he made. (Fwiw, I love Vol. 1 - one of Jay’s best overall IMO)

Have we talked about Jay Dee aka J Dilla on here before?

Just pre-ordered the new book on him coming out Feb. 1. Can’t wait!

Just hit me that in exactly 4 months I’ll be making the same Syracuse to Durham trip, to catch Little Brother in concert, and visit family…that our Orangemen are making to take on Duke. Can’t wait. A fitting song for the occasions by a formed in Durham group and a NY legend.

If you want to just hear the song, skip to 2:50:

I listened to his album when he was nominated for a Grammy, and then kinda forgot about him. I should probably give him more of a chance.

Have we talked about Jay Dee aka J Dilla on here before?

Just pre-ordered the new book on him coming out Feb. 1. Can’t wait!

I looked through his production credits a bit - some surprises in there for me. I also would have guessed he did a lot more with Mos Def

I listened to his album when he was nominated for a Grammy, and then kinda forgot about him. I should probably give him more of a chance.

I'm not much of an expert, so don't ask for more recommendations! :) I just really like that one a lot right now - and especially the transition into the last verse

I walk around at night a lot, and I always wear headphones. They have a noise in the background early on in the song that always makes me jump as it sounds like someone is coming up behind you or something - "**** the homeless are attacking!" lol

Good point on Mos. One of my fav Dill beats:

Joey Bada$$ had a song drop recently, so I checked this out as well....I thought he'd be something special, but I kinda feel like he's regressing a bit as time goes on

Anyway:

Anyone have a favorit'est DISS TRACK of all time?

I get a “the uploader has made the video not available in your country”.

What song is it?

Keith Murray - The Most Beautifufullest Thing in this World

I can't really spell beautifullest well :)

Not the BEST Saigon song, but maybe the most recognizable

Anyone have a favorit'est DISS TRACK of all time?
I’m not a huge diss track guy, but Nas calling Jay-Z Joe Camel on Ether always cracked me up.

If I had to pick a whole song, off the top of my head I like LL Cool J’s To The Break of Dawn. Roasted Hammer, Ice-T, and Kool Moe Dee all on one song.

Favorite lines: “got the nerve to have them Star Trek shades on” and “wise up you little burnt up French fry” at Kool Moe Dee.

”cause my old gym teacher ain’t supposed to rap” at Hammer.

“I’m cool, I freeze I-C-E” at Ice-T

making fun of Ice T’s perm and ponytail was funny too, but he went crazy when he said he took the album cover with Ice-T’s girlfriend on it straight to the bathroom. Brutal!

I tend to like the funny stuff the most. And I like the beat too.

Keith Murray - The Most Beautifufullest Thing in this World

I can't really spell beautifullest well :)
Love that song and album. His “Enigma” album too. I loved Keith in his prime. He just had his own style and voice.

I’m not a huge diss track guy, but Nas calling Jay-Z Joe Camel on Ether always cracked me up.

If I had to pick a whole song, off the top of my head I like LL Cool J’s To The Break of Dawn. Roasted Hammer, Ice-T, and Kool Moe Dee all on one song.

Favorite lines: “got the nerve to have them Star Trek shades on” and “wise up you little burnt up French fry” at Kool Moe Dee.

”cause my old gym teacher ain’t supposed to rap” at Hammer.

“I’m cool, I freeze I-C-E” at Ice-T

making fun of Ice T’s perm and ponytail was funny too, but he went crazy when he said he took the album cover with Ice-T’s girlfriend on it straight to the bathroom. Brutal!

I tend to like the funny stuff the most. And I like the beat too.

Hahaha, nice! :) Going with a classic. BDP had a really good one, and I was never a big fan of BDP, but I don't recall the name and too lazy to look it up.

Nas takes the prize for me. Best all-around, fun, funny, hits pretty good.

2Pac's is just so insanely brutal...he went nuclear from every angle imaginable. I guess that didn't end well for anyone.

Eminem's Mariah Carey diss used to make me laugh. He's had some decent ones.

Common had a decent one on Cube.

Ether though ftw. :)

Hahaha, nice! :) Going with a classic. BDP had a really good one, and I was never a big fan of BDP, but I don't recall the name and too lazy to look it up.

Nas takes the prize for me. Best all-around, fun, funny, hits pretty good.

2Pac's is just so insanely brutal...he went nuclear from every angle imaginable. I guess that didn't end well for anyone.

Eminem's Mariah Carey diss used to make me laugh. He's had some decent ones.

Common had a decent one on Cube.

Ether though ftw. :)
BDP has to be “The Bridge is Over”?

Yeah, 2Pac went next level nuts, lol. Given what happened to both, I can’t really listen to that now though.

Agree on Common, that’s easily one of the best.

An aside on LL’s - I love that he referenced the song 5 years later on the “I Shot Ya” remix - “what the fck, I thought I conquered the world. Crushed Moe Dee, Hammer, and Ice-T’s girl”. Lol.

BDP has to be “The Bridge is Over”?

Yeah, 2Pac went next level nuts, lol. Given what happened to both, I can’t really listen to that now though.

Agree on Common, that’s easily one of the best.

An aside on LL’s - I love that he referenced the song 5 years later on the “I Shot Ya” remix - “what the fck, I thought I conquered the world. Crushed Moe Dee, Hammer, and Ice-T’s girl”. Lol.

Yes, yes, yes! That's the one.

It really was nuts on 2Pac - the video he did for it, all of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom