Hip Hop thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

Is Dre dropping a whole album? I have not been following this at all. The beat somewhat reminds me of the Roots
I saw something about how he made some new music for the new GTA video game. Not sure if an album is coming or not.

Any favorite rap remixes out there? The original is 10/10, but I still like this one

Any favorite rap remixes out there? The original is 10/10, but I still like this one

Wait, what is that? The Pete Rock remix is the one I know…..and I go back and forth on that and the original. Both 10/10 to me.

This comes to mind as best remix to me, even though the original is a classic and a huge hit. Kid Hood’s opening verse was so hard. He died before this even came out, which is such a shame…guy stole the show on the remix to Tribe’s biggest hit! He outdid Busta even(IMO). Edit: the formatting here gets so weird when you delete someone else’s media so you can post yours. It’s got ghost saying something to himself that I said. Smh.

This comes to mind as best remix to me, even though the original is a classic and a huge hit. Kid Hood’s opening verse was so hard. He died before this even came out, which is such a shame…guy stole the show on the remix to Tribe’s biggest hit! He outdid Busta even(IMO). Edit: the formatting here gets so weird when you delete someone else’s media so you can post yours. It’s got ghost saying something to himself that I said. Smh.

Hahaha, I struggle with that all the time

I NEVER heard this in my life - that's great!!

Another favorite remix, even though in this case I like the original better….because it’s like the best song ever.

But this remix was ridiculous too, and Kim bringing a difference voice/sound and a hell of a verse was a nice addition.

This song - original and remix…man.

Just catching up the last few days. So my Spotify 2021

Artist
1. Benny
2. Conway
3. Nas
4. Harry Fraud
5. Fat Joe

Songs; basically they listed 3 tracks from Plugs I Met 2 in 1-3
1. Benny, Plug Talk
4. Conway, 6:30 Tip Off
5. Redman, 80 Barz

Love that one and the whole album. Beats are incredible!
Yeah Gang Starr produced the whole album so no surprise there.

So speaking of Premier, I hold him in the highest regard, so honestly I expected more from that track, Wave Gods, on the new Nas, Magic album. A$AP Rocky was good on it though. Went through the whole album twice now. It's a good listen, but not enough different stuff. The only smash is Speechless, which is absolutely great. Ugly and 40-16 building, solid.

Good thing he said, "KD3 is on the way, this just to feed the buzz". I hope he gets energized for it, and that Hit Boy comes with some different stuff. He's a great producer but I feel that there's another level he can take it to, especially by varying the sound a lot more on the tracks.

Yeah Gang Starr produced the whole album so no surprise there.

So speaking of Premier, I hold him in the highest regard, so honestly I expected more from that track, Wave Gods, on the new Nas, Magic album. A$AP Rocky was good on it though. Went through the whole album twice now. It's a good listen, but not enough different stuff. The only smash is Speechless, which is absolutely great. Ugly and 40-16 building, solid.

Good thing he said, "KD3 is on the way, this just to feed the buzz". I hope he gets energized for it, and that Hit Boy comes with some different stuff. He's a great producer but I feel that there's another level he can take it to, especially by varying the sound a lot more on the tracks.
I like this one better than KD1 and 2. To me, this is the best Nas has sounded in awhile flow wise.

A late career Gem from De La and Ghostface. So good. That whole “Grind Date” album was excellent.

Still my favorite thing Wale was ever involved in, lol:

IS THERE MORE?????????????

Do we ever find out if Andy Rautins knew who Wale is? Leo was going to text him lol

Hahahaha, how had I never seen that before! :) I'm tempted to put this in 'H0T Takes' just to see if anyone else finds it as funny as I just did.

Fav. albums of 2021 off the top of my head(probably forgot something):

Evidence - Unlearning Vol. 1
Topaz Jones - Don’t Go Tellin Your Mama
Westside Gunn - HWH 8
Boldy James - Bo Jackson
Tanya Morgan - Don and Von
Nas - Magic
Nas King’s Disease 2
AZ - Doe or Die 2
Lute - Gold Mouth
Little Simz - Sometimes I’m Introvert
Skyzoo - All the Brilliant Things
Mach Hommy - Pray for Haiti
Khrysis - The Hour of Khrysis
Armand Hammer - Haram
Lloyd Banks - The Course of the Inevitable
Fat Joe - What Would Biggie Do?
Benny the Butcher - Plugs I Met 2
Boldy James - Tecmo Bo
Planet Asia - Rule of 3rds

Listening to this at the gym right now. Love this.. much better than the previous Nas album (IMO).
Agreed, I think this is easily the best Nas/Hit-Boy album, of the 3.

I love that Nas is suddenly so inspired to put out so much music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom