Hip Hop thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

New Snoop, produced by Battlecat with Nate Dogg on the hook. That’s a can’t miss combo.

I'll also go with the unexpected appearance of Ante Up on 'War for Everyone' (underrated imo, but sort of love it or hate it type film):

The last line in Billy Danze' first verse makes me laugh every time...also, looking at YT apparently the Busta version was MUCH more popular.

MC Eiht - Streiht Up Menace from Menace II Society.

Phenomenal. I'll never forget how he says, "*****ing one of my good rats"

Jeen Yuhs Part 1 was incredible.

Got me bumpin College Dropout all night after watching this.

Watching Roc a Fella marketing execs just ignore Kanye trying to play them All Falls Down is wild. Dudes hustle to get signed was pure drive.

Phenomenal. I'll never forget how he says, "*****ing one of my good rats"
I hate to mess with your memories but….

he says “n’s after me for f’in one of they hood rats”.

Which is accurate to the movie, and played a big role in the plot, as the whole song basically told the story of the movie.

I hate to mess with your memories but….

he says “n’s after me for f’in one of they hood rats”.

Which is accurate to the movie, and played a big role in the plot, as the whole song basically told the story of the movie.

Spot on!
I did mean to type "hood," the rest was legit wrong :)

Jeen Yuhs Part 1 was incredible.

Got me bumpin College Dropout all night after watching this.

Watching Roc a Fella marketing execs just ignore Kanye trying to play them All Falls Down is wild. Dudes hustle to get signed was pure drive.
I don’t know what Jeen Yuhs is, but, College Dropout is speaking my language.

I was a big Kanye fan in the Freshman Adjustment, College Dropout days.

My guys Little Brother telling some early Kanye stories. I love this, lol.

I don’t know what Jeen Yuhs is, but, College Dropout is speaking my language.

I was a big Kanye fan in the Freshman Adjustment, College Dropout days.

My guys Little Brother telling some early Kanye stories. I love this, lol.

It’s the Netflix doc that just came out about Kanye. Part 1 is out… the entire episode is footage from when he was a producer in Chicago, then moved to NYC to try to get signed to a label. Incredible footage of him before College Dropout trying to get noticed…. Scenes with Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Scarface etc..

Conway The Machine - God Don’t Make Mistakes, drops at midnight! His first album on a major label.

Also, Conway is one of the best at getting personal and vulnerable. This one just came out and is on the album. Love it.

I may have posted this before, not sure, still, one of my favorite collaborations:

The opening few tracks to that album were ridiculous. Still remember buying the CD at the Sangertown Mall in Utica, and just blasting this one in the parking lot as I was leaving:

There are a few CDs I've purchased when I was younger where immediately upon putting them in I think I lost my mind I like them so much....this is most certainly one of them.

Just so many insane verses from so many different people even - Greg Pron and Black Thought in 'I Can't Help It' still gets me.

Yeah, Styles is pretty underrated IMO, but so are most talented people in hip-hop :)
Absolutely agree! Kiss gets all the hype - and he deserves it, but Styles has a really good solo discography.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom