Hip Hop thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

I don't know if best ever, but it was straight fire!
No disrespect to Snoop because his verse was good, but I’ve skipped straight to Kurupt’s verse so many times on that one. He went nuts, lol.

No disrespect to Snoop because his verse was good, but I’ve skipped straight to Kurupt’s verse so many times on that one. He went nuts, lol.
Me too...!!! Snoop went thru a lame lyric period...

Tell me why Special Ed is almost never mentioned with the late 80s-early 90s greats? The nature of that time wasn’t conducive to long careers for most.

He wasn’t Kane, Rakim, KRS, G Rap, Chuck D, Cube, LL….but after them? He’s right there and should get more notoriety these days. He was nice. This song is forever amazing IMO.

Tell me why Special Ed is almost never mentioned with the late 80s-early 90s greats? The nature of that time wasn’t conducive to long careers for most.

He wasn’t Kane, Rakim, KRS, G Rap, Chuck D, Cube, LL….but after them? He’s right there and should get more notoriety these days. He was nice. This song is forever amazing IMO.

Always liked Special Ed (hate the name) he wasn't a real heavyweight but had some jams, kinda like Kwame. 3 names that would get me into fights when I was young if you said them... . Special Ed, Eddie Munster or Mr. Ed!

Favorite two joints ...

The classic!

Sorry Baby but I gotta do what I gotta!!

And apparently Hurricane G from the Hit Squad died today too?

Wow, awful day. If people go before their 70s, it’s a damn tragedy to me.

Always liked Special Ed (hate the name) he wasn't a real heavyweight but had some jams, kinda like Kwame. 3 names that would get me into fights when I was young if you said them... . Special Ed, Eddie Munster or Mr. Ed!

Favorite two joints ...

The classic!

Sorry Baby but I gotta do what I gotta!!

I honestly think if I was to name rappers whose name did NOT help their career...he's got to be at the top.

I think I got my first dislike in the thread for 'Scared Money' - J Cole's verse soooo nice lol

I love hip hop songs about how much the rapper loves hip hop. This is one of the best…

I love hip hop songs about how much the rapper loves hip hop. This is one of the best…

Love this joint! SOS Band... Tell me is just one of the smoothest songs ever.

One of the craziest songs I’ve heard in the last couple years still - from the beat to the flows - love hearing Busta and Pharoahe sound like their prime selves.

I love this new Nas album, I think this is easily the best King’s Disease.

I just don't think HitBoy is the best producer Nas could have for him to make another classic. Very strong album, but there could be more energy. Or is Nas just comfortable being what he's done on the last 3 KD albums? All the KD series + Magic has been very solid, but one of those should've been a classic by now imo.

edit to add; I agree 3 is the best one out of them all

I was very much known as a Special Ed guy. There was no contest when it came to his "beef" with korny Kwame aka polka dots. I bought the colored Special Ed album off GetOnDown a few years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom