Hip Hop thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

Also, I think Vince Staples’ album is what I wish Kendrick’s album was.

I like Kendrick’s album but other than a couple songs, I have to REALLY be in the mood to throw it on.

Vince’s album I can throw on at any time and let it play all the way through. Possibly my album of the year.

Yeah, Vince should be a bigger deal - even his throwback stuff was soooooo spot on West Coast, but his own

Some of his stuff is brilliant, and almost always fun

Also, I think Vince Staples’ album is what I wish Kendrick’s album was.

I like Kendrick’s album but other than a couple songs, I have to REALLY be in the mood to throw it on.

Vince’s album I can throw on at any time and let it play all the way through. Possibly my album of the year.

Kendrick has always been like that to me... Hit or miss. It's like you have to figure out what the album "concept" is to fully get it. Vice just controlling the vibe with the songs, changing it up.

Yeah, Vince should be a bigger deal - even his throwback stuff was soooooo spot on West Coast, but his own

Yeah….his stuff always sounds good, he’s got some bars, topics, content, his flow and delivery are nice.

I’ve liked his stuff before but his album this year really caught me.

And in thinking of “best album” for 2022 - I don’t think there are any obvious runaway candidates for me - but there’s probably like 20 albums I’d have to consider. Deepest year of 8s and 9s I can remember in a long time.

Kendrick has always been like that to me... Hit or miss. It's like you have to figure out what the album "concept" is to fully get it. Vice just controlling the vibe with the songs, changing it up.
Good Kid, MAAD City was the one that caught me from day 1. I played the hell out of that album and still go back.

True. Wonder why he hasn't broken thru more..

Kinda chill beat...fun song

That’s a good one too! I keep saying it but there’s just so much this year. I can’t listen to most of it as much as I want to because there’s always something new coming out that I want to listen to that ends up being good, too.

That’s a good one too! I keep saying it but there’s just so much this year. I can’t listen to most of it as much as I want to because there’s always something new coming out that I want to listen to that ends up being good, too.

I haven't dwelled much on it - but you are NOT wrong. This year has been insane for hip hop

I posted that Vic Mensa song in the 'Song of the Day' thread just for kicks - I didn't know he did punk music till i heard an interview with Travis Barker recently. Wild.

I still remember hearing ppl listening to 'U MAD' way tooooooo much a decade ago. I kinda liked that song for going to the gym if we're being honest.

Kanye's entrance into the song is pretty good

That's smoooooooth
Dope! I like this... Hadn't heard this but damn is fire!! It's smooth, good flow, good lyrics.. I like joints that paint a picture with the flow.

A guy in my fantasy hoop league who lives in LA put me onto this guy. Apparently he’s bubbling out there. I’d never heard of him, but I like this a lot. Production by Roc Marciano. His voice sounds kinda like a west coast Stove God Cooks in terms of tone.

dream collabo for me would be Nas and Conway over a melancholy Alchemist beat. Since Nas/Mega over Alchemist was posted above….i gotta post Conway over Alchemist. Hard to believe this was early 2022. So much has come out (including ALC being on damn near every good album this year) that this feels longer ago.

One of the best this year IMO….

And going back a few years….one of my favorites….so feel good…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom