Hip Hop thread | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

It's funny what people perceive as the "most popular" song by Kanye (and likely any artist) - I guess you never think about it, but it likely just depends on where you were, etc...

I would never have put 'Gold Digger' in the Top 4 - I would have put it 5 I think.

I would have guessed, 'Stronger,' 'Forever,' or 'Through the Wire'

Or that one with the crazy girl - Stacey Dash. Kinda odd she went nuts too (she went nuts, right?????)...didn't she go Trump(y).....and now.....this. :)

It's funny what people perceive as the "most popular" song by Kanye (and likely any artist) - I guess you never think about it, but it likely just depends on where you were, etc...

I would never have put 'Gold Digger' in the Top 4 - I would have put it 5 I think.

I would have guessed, 'Stronger,' 'Forever,' or 'Through the Wire'

Or that one with the crazy girl - Stacey Dash. Kinda odd she went nuts too (she went nuts, right?????)...didn't she go Trump(y)...and now...this. :)
I didn’t even like Gold Digger, but that was inescapable.

All Falls Down, Slow Jamz, and Diamonds were the others I was thinking of.

But with features, yeah - Forever(I usually didn’t last past Drake’s verse so I forgot he was on that), and “Run This Town”, stand out to me. And of course Paris with Jay has to be….ok, that might be his number 1.

Last edited:
I love it.

So impressive! Just because you start somewhere, doesn't mean you have to end up there. This is so nice! I have been in business for 13 years and everyday that I work, it's to build something for my kids to take over.. and/or work with me someday.

ssbriefcase trying not to go nuts on Getondown right now.

Just scrolling through and I want:
Illmatic
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Group Home - Livin Proof
Aquemini
Nas - Magic (pre-order)
Kendrick - Good Kid, MAAD City
Biggie - Ready to Die
Tribe - Midnight Marauders

Also, mad to see Digable Planets - Blowout Comb was on there without me knowing and sold out (at $50!). Seems like that would be hard to get and would sound great on vinyl so I would’ve went for that one first.

Hot Take (for this thread):

Female K-Pop rappers are 23,372 times better than most all American female rappers. It doesn't matter if they're rapping in Korean or English - just way better. lol
Males, not so much.

I'm going to throw this down in H0T Takes to see if anyone agrees! lol

Hot Take (for this thread):

Female K-Pop rappers are 23,372 times better than most all American female rappers. It doesn't matter if they're rapping in Korean or English - just way better. lol
Males, not so much.

I'm going to throw this down in H0T Takes to see if anyone agrees! lol
Not!!! What are they rapping about?? : )

KRIT using that old school Scarface flow on this one….man I love this song and album.

Last Day still cracks me up. Next Day still inspires me.

10 minute posse cut over a banger Alchemist beat. Only bummer is Boldy James isn’t on here - he’d sound great on this beat. But this goes!

Ignoring Rakim, Kane, KRS, LL golden age rappers for a moment…..beyond them, tell me Kurupt’s verse (1:30 ish range) isn’t one of the best verses ever rapped?

I read it was a dice game and that he was accidentally hit by “friendly fire”.

Smh, dice game after midnight in another city? Sounds like a bad idea all around to be there. Take your rich, damn near 30 year old ass to the hotel. Sad.

I read it was a dice game and that he was accidentally hit by “friendly fire”.

Smh, dice game after midnight in another city? Sounds like a bad idea all around to be there. Take your rich, damn near 30 year old ass to the hotel. Sad.
That was my first thought... Shooting dice late night and people know you famous or got money is stupid AF. Right! just go to your damn room...

Ignoring Rakim, Kane, KRS, LL golden age rappers for a moment…..beyond them, tell me Kurupt’s verse (1:30 ish range) isn’t one of the best verses ever rapped?

I don't know if best ever, but it was straight fire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom