Hip Hop thread | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

Did you see this??

I mean...if his name was Lil' Savage and he was like 18, I guess I could see him saying that and you chalk it up to being young.

You're 30! How are you that old and saying Nas lacks relevance....he did grow up in Atlanta. That explains some of it, but c'mon!

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, I can rhyme rich with stick! I got a rap song!" Atlanta based rappers are weird.

I mean...if his name was Lil' Savage and he was like 18, I guess I could see him saying that and you chalk it up to being young.

You're 30! How are you that old and saying Nas lacks relevance...he did grow up in Atlanta. That explains some of it, but c'mon!

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, I can rhyme rich with stick! I got a rap song!" Atlanta based rappers are weird.
He’s getting those Drake/Post Malone fans now and is gassed off that IMO.

I agree - this is something a teenager who only has the perspective of what is cool in the walls of their high school might say. Zero excuse for a 30 year old.

Nas won a Grammy last year, and just sold out every stop on a 25 city tour with Wu Tang this past summer. Perhaps he doesn’t really know what “relevance” means, and he just meant to say that Nas isn’t a pop star?

Will 21 Savage win a Grammy and sell out tours when he’s 50?

This isn’t 1995 where if you haven’t had a hit since ‘88, you’re like 3 eras behind and “old school” and washed up and can’t sell out small venues.

Last edited:

You're 30! How are you that old and saying Nas lacks relevance...he did grow up in Atlanta. That explains some of it, but c'mon!

Preach!

He’s getting those Drake/Post Malone fans now and is gassed off that IMO.

I agree - this is something a teenager who only has the perspective of what is cool in the walls of their high school might say. Zero excuse for a 30 year old.

Nas won a Grammy last year, and just sold out every stop on a 25 city tour with Wu Tang this past summer. Perhaps he doesn’t really know what “relevance” means, and he just meant to say that Nas isn’t a pop star?

Will 21 Savage win a Grammy and sell out tours when he’s 50?

This isn’t 1995 where if you haven’t had a hit since ‘88, you’re like 3 eras behind and “old school” and washed up and can’t sell out small venues.
Preach!!

2 things
1. The Atliens down there are still mad about Nas making, "Hip Hop is Dead" and thinking it was about them sucking. I hope it was even though he denies it.
2. Atlanta rappers are weird and I've only liked 3 of them all time.

Pretty sure newer rock and roll acts don’t go around talking about the “relevance” of the Rolling Stones.

It’s a stupid convo anyway, that seemingly only exists in hip hop for some reason. “Relevant”, smh.

2 things
1. The Atliens down there are still mad about Nas making, "Hip Hop is Dead" and thinking it was about them sucking. I hope it was even though he denies it.
2. Atlanta rappers are weird and I've only liked 3 of them all time.
Riiightttt. They are!

Stove God the only guy inspiring Syracuse pride in me these days. He’s only on the hook here, but it works.

Never liked Snoop at all as a rapper other than "187", but I'll never take his street sense away from him. He's the calm one observing instead of being a hot head in a lot of these scenarios (like the flight back from NY with Death Row) This reminded me of Fat Joe when Roy Jones Jr. tried to sneak up on him at a party. Joe said, look around you Roy, you'll never make it out of here alive.

I think KD3 is pretty great. Like one of the best of the year. Only songs I don’t care for are What SMH, and Till My Last Breath.

Legit, Thun, Recession Proof, Reminisce, Serious Interlude, Once a Man Twice a Child, Get Light, First Time, Beef, Don’t Shoot….these are all great songs to me.

Crazy that Nas is putting out a 17 song hour long album with no features at the age of 49 and 30 years into his career - and I’m not bored at any point. He’s STILL the best rapper. It’s incredible.

I think KD3 is pretty great. Like one of the best of the year. Only songs I don’t care for are What SMH, and Till My Last Breath.

Legit, Thun, Recession Proof, Reminisce, Serious Interlude, Once a Man Twice a Child, Get Light, First Time, Beef, Don’t Shoot….these are all great songs to me.

Crazy that Nas is putting out a 17 song hour long album with no features at the age of 49 and 30 years into his career - and I’m not bored at any point. He’s STILL the best rapper. It’s incredible.
Yeah, it's definitely growing on me the more I hear it.

Thinking about getting tickets to see Nas at Madison Square Garden in February. Seems like a special occasion that might be worth paying up for. A victory lap type show to celebrate arguably the greatest rapper ever?

Another random old one on an entire different vibe than the Busta track above.

Man, I LOVE this song. Nas just has so many of them.

New Black Thought album in April! First single is out! Both him and Nas putting new albums out every year and rapping as good as ever 30+ years into their careers. Amazing. As an aside, I saw Black Thought/Danger Mouse - Cheat Codes on Vinyl at Barnes and Noble yesterday and had to grab that!

Skyzoo just put out an album “The Mind of a Saint” based on the show “Snowfall”, from the perspective of the main character Franklin.

But he’s so good that you don’t even have to have watched the show to enjoy the album - it could be taken as just typical Skyzoo character based storytelling. But if you’ve seen the show….man, this album is amazing. He’s such an incredible writer.

This is a really interesting clip of him telling how the inspiration for the album came about. Great story.

Skyzoo just put out an album “The Mind of a Saint” based on the show “Snowfall”, from the perspective of the main character Franklin.

But he’s so good that you don’t even have to have watched the show to enjoy the album - it could be taken as just typical Skyzoo character based storytelling. But if you’ve seen the show….man, this album is amazing. He’s such an incredible writer.

This is a really interesting clip of him telling how the inspiration for the album came about. Great story.

Man I really tried to get into Snowfall and just couldn’t. The acting and writing just didn’t do it for me. I mean when you watch The Wire, and others, the bar is high. Maybe I should’ve pushed through further. Any of you guys watch all or multiple seasons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom