Hip Hop thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

I’m such a fan of her….

That's NICE!

When Brits have a good flow it sounds sooooooooo good - still shocks how most of their hip-hop is utter garbage. lol

Whenever I need a good laugh, nothing entertains more than the growing catalog of Kanye AI-generated cover songs:

Billboards top 10 groups:

10 Roots
9 De La Soul
8 Salt N Pepa
7 Eric B & Rakim
6 Public Enemy
5 Run DMC
4 A Tribe Called Quest
3 NWA
2 Wu Tang
1 OutKast

My thoughts: flip Public Enemy and NWA. NWA just was NOT better than them as a group. Look at the output and albums.

EPMD and Gangstarr belong IMO. Especially EPMD. And frankly, I’m bumping Salt N Pepa. I greatly respect their accomplishments and place though, but….cmon. They’re not better than EPMD, lol.

Mobb Deep, UGK, Geto Boys, maybe Bone Thugs….some tough omissions. Also, I think Naughty By Nature has become very underrated over time. Treach is one of the best ever. Pleasantly surprised The Roots made it.

Last edited:

10 Roots
9 De La Soul
8 Salt N Pepa
7 Eric B & Rakim
6 Public Enemy
5 Run DMC
4 A Tribe Called Quest
3 NWA
2 Wu Tang
1 OutKast

My thoughts: flip Public Enemy and NWA. NWA just was NOT better than them as a group. Look at the output and albums.

EPMD and Gangstarr belong IMO. Especially EPMD. And frankly, I’m bumping Salt N Pepa. I greatly respect their accomplishments and place though, but….cmon. They’re not better than EPMD, lol.

Mobb Deep, UGK, Geto Boys, maybe Bone Thugs….some tough omissions. Also, I think Naughty By Nature has become very underrated over time. Treach is one of the best ever. Pleasantly surprised The Roots made it.

I know it would really limit the list, but I’m not sure I consider a duo a “group.” Although I guess that’s how they are categorized in the music industry?

I know it would really limit the list, but I’m not sure I consider a duo a “group.” Although I guess that’s how they are categorized in the music industry?
Ha, I thought about that too.

And in my mind:
2 rappers = group
1 rapper and 1 DJ who makes the beats= group

1 rapper and 1 DJ who does not make the beats(Eric B) = not sure if that seems like a group to me?

Lol. Just my own unofficial definitions.

Further thoughts:
I’d have Tribe number 1, but I take no issue with Outkast at number 1, and also wouldn’t have a problem with Wu-Tang, Public Enemy, or Run DMC in that spot.

And one more, TROY deservedly gets all the love but another great single from the same album also had amazing horns.

One of my favorite songs ever:

First, that account is a GREAT follow on IG.

Second, they got some great ones, but this is one of the nastier horn samples ever that they didn’t include:

It is a great follow. Do they create their own content like this or are they just an aggregator?

It is a great follow. Do they create their own content like this or are they just an aggregator?
Not sure? Just have noticed a bunch of their posts showing up in my feed over the years and eventually started following.

Alright one more horn song that comes to mind…..

Always remember a b-ball commercial(ESPN?) before the ‘95 tourney that included a clip of our Moten/Wallace led team “bringing it in” before a game or during a timeout or something, with this song playing.

Alright one more horn song that comes to mind…..

Always remember a b-ball commercial(ESPN?) before the ‘95 tourney that included a clip of our Moten/Wallace led team “bringing it in” before a game or during a timeout or something, with this song playing.

I vaguely remember that as well

Probably my 3 favorite rappers that debuted post 2000, on the same song.

Phonte’s mom killed it, doing Ev’s verse for the video, lol.

10 Roots
9 De La Soul
8 Salt N Pepa
7 Eric B & Rakim
6 Public Enemy
5 Run DMC
4 A Tribe Called Quest
3 NWA
2 Wu Tang
1 OutKast

All these "groups" are behind MIGOS????

I don't even consider Migos rap. It's some weird offshoot.....like screamo is to death metal. lol

Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace...Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace...Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace...Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace....Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace, Versace

I'll give them all the credit in the world for getting HUGE - but they're about as amazing as Rebecca Black singing 'Friday' and should drop just a bit for that. :)

I'm half joking - but they're too stupid for me to take seriously - especially at #11. Throw them down with Kriss Kross and I'm board!

First, that account is a GREAT follow on IG.

Second, they got some great ones, but this is one of the nastier horn samples ever that they didn’t include:

How’d I forget about Ante Up????

10 Roots
9 De La Soul
8 Salt N Pepa
7 Eric B & Rakim
6 Public Enemy
5 Run DMC
4 A Tribe Called Quest
3 NWA
2 Wu Tang
1 OutKast

Always impossible lol. I'd say any group who changed hip hop, how big an impact on the streets, originality, laying ground work, deserves the top honors to me.

1. PE
2. NWA
3. Wu Tang
4. Run DMC
5. TRIBE
6. Eric B. and Rakim...This is so hard to place, I mean Rakim, best rapper all time, totally changed hip hop and Eric B had some solos but...
7. Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five
8. EPMD
9. BDP
10. Beastie Boys
Outkast, Mobb Deep, Gangstarr, Whodini, Sugarhill Gang, De La, 8Ball & MJG, UGK, Geto Boys, Roots, Pharcyde, Digital Underground, Above the Law

Not quite hip-hop, but I’m digging the retro vibe of this new Jon Batiste song:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom