Hip Hop thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

One of the greatest things to come out of the Bay Area, and one of the greatest examples of the remix being THE version of the song.

Snoop and Eminem(and Cube to a lesser extent because it was as part of of a group) get all the hype as rappers who starred while being produced by Dr. Dre, but there’s an argument to be made that The D.O.C. was the best that Dre ever worked with?

Hard not to wonder what would’ve happened if he never got in that car accident?

This song is perfect IMO.

Snoop and Eminem(and Cube to a lesser extent because it was as part of of a group) get all the hype as rappers who starred while being produced by Dr. Dre, but there’s an argument to be made that The D.O.C. was the best that Dre ever worked with?

Hard not to wonder what would’ve happened if he never got in that car accident?

This song is perfect IMO.

My GF was running through a list of the 50 best West Coast rappers over brunch a few weeks ago...she had heard of maybe 80%, but I was shocked by a couple she had never heard of.

D.O.C. was one of them. :(

My GF was running through a list of the 50 best West Coast rappers over brunch a few weeks ago...she had heard of maybe 80%, but I was shocked by a couple she had never heard of.

D.O.C. was one of them. :(
Wooow. She surely heard Dr. Dre shout him out on “Nothin But a G Thang”?! I guess if you don’t know who he’s talking about, you might not take note of that though.

Wooow. She surely heard Dr. Dre shout him out on “Nothin But a G Thang”?! I guess if you don’t know who he’s talking about, you might not take note of that though.

Ha, I guess not. She's no expert on hip-hop - she still thinks the Pharcyde is the greatest thing that ever happened to hip-hop. I loved Pharcyde by the way - but she missed out on a lot too. :) She's really into Vince Staples now though!

Ha, I guess not. She's no expert on hip-hop - she still thinks the Pharcyde is the greatest thing that ever happened to hip-hop. I loved Pharcyde by the way - but she missed out on a lot too. :) She's really into Vince Staples now though!
Every now and then I think of Pharcyde’s “ya mama got a peg leg with a kickstand” line and start cracking up.

I might’ve even used that one on CuseRunner at some point.

Those first 2 Pharcyde albums are pretty great IMO.

Completely ridiculous and absolutely horrible…..but is it any more ridiculous than the numerous 10’s mumble rappers all sounding the same, sing songing us some stupid jibberish?

Remember that weirdo NateW told me that I like and post about mumble rap?!!? Lol.

These Billboard lists are WILD.

Ying Yang Twins and City Girls are better than MOP and Black Star?!!?

Pete and CL are #45?!!??

Glad they included my guys Little Brother….lack of album sales and major fanfare has me just happy they’re on it. But…they’re better than a lot of the group s ahead of them too - though lack of “hits” makes me understand. But Pete and CL made TROY and MOP made Ante Up!

Cmon.50 Greatest Rap Groups of All Time: Nos. 50-21

Completely ridiculous and absolutely horrible…..but is it any more ridiculous than the numerous 10’s mumble rappers all sounding the same, sing songing us some stupid jibberish?

Remember that weirdo NateW told me that I like and post about mumble rap?!!? Lol.

Well, sometimes he's right. You do seem mumble rap obsessed!! Mumble rap is really distinct - I'm not sure I've ever seen you post about it. lol

This dude is Canadian, it played up here a bit, I doubt it ever played in the US at all.
Most all Canadian rap is terrible. Terrible. I'm just posting cuz the name - and I don't find it terrible btw. Which for Canada means it's off the charts greattttttttttttttt!

Pete and CL are #45?!!??

Glad they included my guys Little Brother….lack of album sales and major fanfare has me just happy they’re on it. But…they’re better than a lot of the group s ahead of them too - though lack of “hits” makes me understand. But Pete and CL made TROY and MOP made Ante Up!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? :(

Black Star below the Ying Yang Twins. That makes less than no sense. But they have Little Brother - so they've clearly heard of rap before making the list. How is this possible? lol

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? :(

Black Star below the Ying Yang Twins. That makes less than no sense. But they have Little Brother - so they've clearly heard of rap before making the list. How is this possible? lol
Unless there’s like a bunch of different people contributing to the list with very different ideas and knowledge bases, and it all just gets mixed up?

But yeah, the 40’s make less the zero sense on this list.

Pete and CL are #45?!!??

MOP is 50th? And I still havent' seen the Ying Yang Twins.

Billy Danze should not be anywhere below a single Ying Yang. lol I always liked his entrance on the Blakroc tune:

Well, sometimes he's right. You do seem mumble rap obsessed!! Mumble rap is really distinct - I'm not sure I've ever seen you post about it. lol

This dude is Canadian, it played up here a bit, I doubt it ever played in the US at all.
Most all Canadian rap is terrible. Terrible. I'm just posting cuz the name - and I don't find it terrible btw. Which for Canada means it's off the charts greattttttttttttttt!

I’m thinking about “mumble rap” today because a new Killer Mike song featuring Andre 3000 and Future just came out.

And I still don’t get the appeal of Future. I don’t understand what there is to like? They should’ve put Sleepy Brown on it.

Unless there’s like a bunch of different people contributing to the list with very different ideas and knowledge bases, and it all just gets mixed up?

But yeah, the 40’s make less the zero sense on this list.

I guess - some whacky voting system (that maybe includes the Ying Yang Twins). Who ranked themselves first and skewed the rest!!! :)

MOP is 50th? And I still havent' seen the Ying Yang Twins.
Billy Danze should not be anywhere below a single Ying Yang. lol I always liked his entrance on the Blakroc tune:

Ying Yang Twins are 46.

In a million years, I would not have thought of them if I were tasked with compiling this list. I forgot they even existed.

I’m thinking about “mumble rap” today because a new Killer Mike song featuring Andre 3000 and Future just came out.

And I still don’t get the appeal of Future. I don’t understand what there is to like? They should’ve put Sleepy Brown on it.

I despise Future. That being said, I will never get tired of this gift that he provided the world!!

I VERY specifically remember calling two of my friends the DAY this came out and I heard it. I lost my mind - I thought it was the funniest thing I ever heard in my life at the time.

This list is fascinating. Hieroglyphics? That's straight up amazing skateboarding rap......I don't see them making many lists. Huh.

I used to listen to this all the time...haha

I am trying to discern the pattern from who does the write-up of each act. I think you may be onto something regarding how it ended up this way.

I despise Future. That being said, I will never get tired of this gift that he provided the world!!

I VERY specifically remember calling two of my friends the DAY this came out and I heard it. I lost my mind - I thought it was the funniest thing I ever heard in my life at the time.

My favorite mumble rap song, still…

Bad & Boujee Remake LOL!

Future is somehow my most listened to artist on Spotify every year. His catalog including features is so damn deep.

Completely understand hip hop/rap fans who don’t care for him though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom