Hip Hop thread | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

Going with Joey Badass just cuz he drops a Color Me Badd reference so early...brave.

1689797898640.png

Black Milk’s new album came out today and i love it. Actually stayed up to listen when it came out at midnight, and been playing it all day. Always love his music - great producer and solid MC. And Phonte’s verse on this is insane.

I need to pick a 90s Hip Hop album to discuss on my podcast next week. What are some of your favorites?
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - The Main Ingredient
Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
Nas - Illmatic
Outkast - ATLiens
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Ice Cube - Death Certificate
Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin’

A handful of my favorites off the top of my head!

The GOAT for me:

High on my list too! Outkast and Tribe are two acts where it seems general consensus is pretty much split on the topic of: what is their best album?

I go with ATLiens and Low End Theory, respectively. But Aquemini and Midnight Marauders are so great too. And I really love both groups debut albums too!

High on my list too! Outkast and Tribe are two acts where it seems general consensus is pretty much split on the topic of: what is their best album?

I go with ATLiens and Low End Theory, respectively. But Aquemini and Midnight Marauders are so great too. And I really love both groups debut albums too!
Ever listen to Gang Starr or Organized Konfusion?

It says a lot about the quality of your content when folks can't decide which is the best.

Ever listen to Gang Starr or Organized Konfusion?
Yup! Moment of Truth is another that’s high on my list of favorites, but Hard To Earn, Daily Operation….they’ve got an incredible catalogue.

I got into Monch on his first solo album, and then went back and listened to the O.K. stuff later. I liked all 3 of them, but haven’t listened to them in a really long time(like…possibly 20 years) and I’m not sure why.

Since we're talking 90s (not the best, but underrated) - Check The Vibe is a better track, but this was the only one that has a decent HQ video

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - The Main Ingredient
Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
Nas - Illmatic
Outkast - ATLiens
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Ice Cube - Death Certificate
Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin’

A handful of my favorites off the top of my head!

I would go with Nas...but I suppose it depends where I'm going for my discussion. I could see picking any of them.

36 Chambers could be the most fun. lol
Black Star. But I like Mos Def way more than most people.

I would go with Nas...but I suppose it depends where I'm going for my discussion. I could see picking any of them.

36 Chambers could be the most fun. lol
Black Star. But I like Mos Def way more than most people.
Black Star’s album was great, and I think Mos Def’s first album was even better. As was Kweli/Hi-Tek - Train of Thought!

Black Star’s album was great, and I think Mos Def’s first album was even better. As was Kweli/Hi-Tek - Train of Thought!

Even the Mos Def albums people hate on - I think they're all jam-packed with gems! lol

You could’ve told me this was a lost track from 2002, and I’d believe it. Nas is still Nasty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom