Horse Racing | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

and just when i think i can turn off the TV for the night, they suck me back in. dang horses..

1590883548618.png

and just when i think i can turn off the TV for the night, they suck me back in. dang horses..

View attachment 181922

Nice.

I’ve been betting Churchill Downs, Tampa Bay, Santa Anita, but nothing great to show for it, other than a nice distraction from the real world.

the Belmont has its best group of horses in forever if they all run as expected.

when horses down in the 15-30 range are actually pretty well liked horses that makes it really interesting

Tiz the Law 2-1
Charlatan 4-1
Maxfield 5-1
Dr Post 11-1
Mischevious Alex 12-1
Sole Volante 15-1
Gouverneir Morris 16-1
Honor A.P. 18-1
Max Player 20-1
Farmington Road 22-1
Basin 25-1
Modernist 28-1

Like that price on Maxfield if it holds, but will be pulling for Tiz the Law to win.

now Charlatan is out.. Baffart not having a good few weeks..

Agreed, there was a 3 yo horse trained by Mark Casse that was ultra impressive (tap it to Win) that will most likely supplement for the Belmont as well. Showed a ton of speed going a mile. Will be a contender. He ran huge last Thursday at Belmont in an allowance race. Looked like a sprinter on paper but went to the lead and never looked back. Will be a problem if there isn't more speed that enters.

Belmont has been the Irad Ortiz show first 4-5 days. Thought he should have been disqualified for his herding tactics in the 9th yesterday but NYRA has let him and his brother get away with it time and time again, nothing new. It's dangerous and not really in the game's best interest, IMO

a lot of horses that would never dream of the 1 1/2 belmont have a shot now

a lot of horses that would never dream of the 1 1/2 belmont have a shot now

Yeah and it's a much much different race not only because of the distance but track configuration as well. Pretty much one run race now too.

Like that price on Maxfield if it holds, but will be pulling for Tiz the Law to win.

Pretty sure Maxfield is staying put at Keeneland and running in the Bluegrass and not the Belmont. Gives him 2 more weeks and no travel. and like I said, he's owned by probably one of the games wealthiest owners ( which is saying something Godolphin) and all they really want is the KY derby I am sure

Oh,
Pretty sure Maxfield is staying put at Keeneland and running in the Bluegrass and not the Belmont. Gives him 2 more weeks and no travel. and like I said, he's owned by probably one of the games wealthiest owners ( which is saying something Godolphin) and all they really want is the KY derby I am sure
Still looking forward to the race, but when I think about all the talent that can’t or won’t be there I lament what could have been..

Oh,

Still looking forward to the race, but when I think about all the talent that can’t or won’t be there I lament what could have been..

What is lost in all of this stuff is horses at this age will either train on and improve or not continue to develop. The best 3 year old 4-5 months ago isn't always the best tomorrow or 4-5 months from now. They are still so young. Sure, Tiz the Law will be the most likely winner of the Belmont but you just don't know how these other horses coming off lay offs will move forward either. And Tap it to Win will be on the lead and he has proven he likes the track. It will still be a great day of racing regardless. The Met Mile on July 4th looks like a great race, probably my favorite race of the year honestly because you get route horses versus sprinters stretching out.

Most impressive over the weekend was Vakoma, IMO. he looked fantastic

Looks like a two horse race now for Derby ( right now) Honor AP who was great in the SA Derby last Saturday and the people's champ the NY Bred Tiz the Law piloted by Manny Franco ( jock agent hall of famer Angel Cordero) Cordero parted ways with long time jock Johnny V earlier this year after 30 years.

Johnny V now represented by Ron Anderson who also has Joel Rosario's book. That's a pretty good pair. Good lord.

Looks like a two horse race now for Derby ( right now) Honor AP who was great in the SA Derby last Saturday and the people's champ the NY Bred Tiz the Law piloted by Manny Franco ( jock agent hall of famer Angel Cordero) Cordero parted ways with long time jock Johnny V earlier this year after 30 years.

Johnny V now represented by Ron Anderson who also has Joel Rosario's book. That's a pretty good pair. Good lord.

I’d give authentic another shot with a better jock. DVD has been horrible of late.

I’d give authentic another shot with a better jock. DVD has been horrible of late.

DVD and Espinoza are both brutal to me out there. Leave off they gallop, use them they look like two hacks from Riudoso Downs. Hit my biggest 4 ever last year and used Espinoza twice and he won on two big price horses. I am forever grateful

crazy. in a normal year the triple crown is over and now 3 of the biggest wont get there for most of it.

So how is anyone making money Saturday? What long shot can find the board and create a return? Whichever Ortiz brother has the longest odds is getting some of my money.

So how is anyone making money Saturday? What long shot can find the board and create a return? Whichever Ortiz brother has the longest odds is getting some of my money.
Yup. I plan on boxing Fore Left with the favorites.

Its going to be interesting if the long backstretch really messes with the speed horse at this length. if they dont go as fast as normal because of it that puts the closers really in a pickle and makes the tactical speed horses much harder to beat

Under current New York state guidelines, Saratoga Race Course will open on July 16 without spectators in attendance. The 40-day meet will feature at least one stakes race every live racing day, highlighted by the 151st renewal of the Grade 1, $1 million Runhappy Travers on August 8 and the Grade 1, $750,000 Whitney on August 1, as the anchors of two of the biggest racing days in North America.

I think #4 Modernist has value at m/l 15-1. Junior A/Mott, lots of bullets, I like up from PAY.

Under current New York state guidelines, Saratoga Race Course will open on July 16 without spectators in attendance. The 40-day meet will feature at least one stakes race every live racing day, highlighted by the 151st renewal of the Grade 1, $1 million Runhappy Travers on August 8 and the Grade 1, $750,000 Whitney on August 1, as the anchors of two of the biggest racing days in North America.
It's sad that it's going to be an empty track. I took this photo yesterday but the security guard wouldn't let me go closer. I still believe it's a huge mistake coming north although people will still come to Saratoga. I wonder if places like the Horseshoe will set up big screens where people can just hang out and bet and eat and drink. It's not the same but literally the closest you can be.

Attachments

• 20200619_152821.jpg
    20200619_152821.jpg
    789.5 KB · Views: 150
Yup. I plan on boxing Fore Left with the favorites.
Now that I look at it even closer I plan on boxing Tiz the Law with the two Ortiz brothers. Lots of positives in those horses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom