Horse Racing | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

It's sad that it's going to be an empty track. I took this photo yesterday but the security guard wouldn't let me go closer. I still believe it's a huge mistake coming north although people will still come to Saratoga. I wonder if places like the Horseshoe will set up big screens where people can just hang out and bet and eat and drink. It's not the same but literally the closest you can be.
I always steer clear of the Horseshoe in normal times. Nothing would get me there now. :)

Tiz the Law is obviously the one to beat in the Belmont, but Tap It to Win will have to be caught and could certainly move forward off his last. But don't sleep on Pneumatic at a big price today. I'll use them all in horizontals. I think Asmussen's Casual has a good shot to take down the heavy favorite in the Acorn.

Gamine was one of Bafferts drugged up horses at Oaklawn.

that race was pathetic. Baffert mocking the system.

Irad Ortiz Jr has I think at least 2 wins and possibly 3. I like him and his horse to win today

I had the 8 and 9, just needed a 1/2 to come in for a tri. Ugh

I had the 8-9 ex and 8-9-3 tri.. just wish i hadnt let the experts talk me into swapping the 10 for the 1.. was playing the 10 all week and then let them change my mind..

but if the 9 gets up to first it reallt starts to pay out.. Not sure who beats him in Sept right now.

I was disappointed in the 1. Was the hot hand early

I was disappointed in the 1. Was the hot hand early

Short rest, kind of freaked last time out. Actually went almost a tick faster race before but once Tiz the Law moved up and pressed it was over. Such a huge jump in class, ran hard but once a speed horse gives the lead up it's pretty rare that you see them rebreak. Great when they can keep the lead and are allowed to go out to an easy win but Tiz the Law was just cruising, stalking and once Manny asked the horse just a little it was lights out. Tap it to win is Probably 7/8 to 1 -1/16 mile tops type horse. Casse took a shot with him on 10 days rest though and respect him for it.

I thought No Parole in woody was phenomenal

Agree - can’t recall if I’ve ever seen a 18 length win over a mile.

Agree - can’t recall if I’ve ever seen a 18 length win over a mile.

Last race I saw like that was Frosted in the Met Mile a few years ago. Trained by Kieran Mc so that was a bit easier to stomach

Last race I saw like that was Frosted in the Met Mile a few years ago. Trained by Kieran Mc so that was a bit easier to stomach
Yes, I remember that race. It is weird to think that if she closes out in something like 14 seconds for the final 1/8, she's right there with (an admittedly unextended) Tiz the Law in the Belmont.

Vakoma in the Met Mile was great. One of my favorite races of the year with sprinters versus Typical two turn types. Code of Honor was very good as well, probably need another 1/8 for best races

...and there’s the confirmation that Gamine and Charl were positive at Oaklawn.

im stunned /s

Part of Baffert’s lawyer’s statement:

After investigation, it is our belief that both GAMINE and CHARLATAN were unknowingly and innocently exposed to Lidocaine by one of Bob’s employees. The employee previously broke his pelvis and had been suffering from back pain over the two days leading up to May 2. As a result, he wore a Salon Pas patch on his back that he personally applied. That brand of patch contains small amounts of Lidocaine. It is believed that Lidocaine from that patch was innocently transferred from the employee’s hands to the horses through the application of tongue ties by the employee that was handling both horses leading up to May 2.

Under current New York state guidelines, Saratoga Race Course will open on July 16 without spectators in attendance. The 40-day meet will feature at least one stakes race every live racing day, highlighted by the 151st renewal of the Grade 1, $1 million Runhappy Travers on August 8 and the Grade 1, $750,000 Whitney on August 1, as the anchors of two of the biggest racing days in North America.
Tampa, Gulfstream, Parx, Indiana, no fans, no problem. Saratoga without fans is weird.

Not shocked with the Del Mar news. The jockeys testing positive seems like an obvious problem after Saez went from Los Al to Keenland in under like 18 hrs. Seemed like a real bad idea to not close the jockey communities before that.

Interesting that Saratoga locked up the entire meet to the 20+ jockeys in the system.. no outside jockeys at all..

good first day, hope every day goes like that.

Interesting that Saratoga locked up the entire meet to the 20+ jockeys in the system.. no outside jockeys at all..

good first day, hope every day goes like that.
some excellent pay outs yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom