Horse Racing | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

The 20% limit for the SPA will be interesting until they decide if its seats or not.. I expect it will also go up a bit anyway by July hopefully
They can make it real easy by doing all reserved picnic tables and drawing squares on the rest of property for folding chairs. And make everyone be vaccinated if you want to, which should not be an issue.

Last edited:
They can make it real easy by doing all reserved picnic tables and drawing squares on the rest of property for folding chairs. And make everyone be vaccined if you want to, which should not be an issue.
yup.. if they go the reserved route they also need to make sure some people dont go in and reserved huge blocks and limit access to the normal fans..

I was thinking the same thing.. Everyone gets a zone to site in thats somewhat spread out. and if you make shots a thing it can go pretty well..

open up the infield which still would be a nice thing.. thats a whole area not being used any more and would create a different view for people to enjoy.. a couple food trucks in there a couple bathroom set ups and limit in and out to just a few times if walking across the track is an issue.. or build some sky bridge off one end. the end on the west only gets used a couple times a day for dirt races anyway.

imagine if you put a couple pavilions in there to be rented out for groups . its like a sky box . look at how the infield is used at the derby but make it a bit more controlled.

yup.. if they go the reserved route they also need to make sure some people dont go in and reserved huge blocks and limit access to the normal fans..

I was thinking the same thing.. Everyone gets a zone to site in thats somewhat spread out. and if you make shots a thing it can go pretty well..

open up the infield which still would be a nice thing.. thats a whole area not being used any more and would create a different view for people to enjoy.. a couple food trucks in there a couple bathroom set ups and limit in and out to just a few times if walking across the track is an issue.. or build some sky bridge off one end. the end on the west only gets used a couple times a day for dirt races anyway.

imagine if you put a couple pavilions in there to be rented out for groups . its like a sky box . look at how the infield is used at the derby but make it a bit more controlled.
The infield used to be open. I remember being in there in the late 70's, but it is possible there were less grass races then. Hopefully they get it figured out.

You would think that NYRA would be working day and night on putting multiple plans together for Saratoga because it's very likely they won't know exactly how many people will actually be able to attend until very shortly before the meet. They should be able to figure out what 35, 40, 50% actually means overall. Outside of big days there are really only 3 tracks left that pull a solid crowd on a daily basis. ( saratoga, keeneland, and Del Mar)

I had tickets for Keeneland this past weekend but did not go due to some work related stuff but they had very limited seating but seemed to be pretty liberal on the numbers they were letting in as General Admission. They had some pretty good crowds there.

I do think that a vaccine card will be a given for admission to Saratoga or a negative Covid test within a pretty strict amount of time

After some rewatches, looking at PPs, and now the posts and the odds

I think my bet is Medina Spirit.
I think that is a good pick. Personally I can't do it as I boycott any horse affiliated with Baffert who in my opinion is a pompous cheater.

I think that is a good pick. Personally I can't do it as I boycott any horse affiliated with Baffert who in my opinion is a pompous cheater.

that’s part of the reason I’m picking him. I dont want him to win, but I’m not going to be dumb about my money

first off, at those odds? Seeing what he did to authenic?

Not to mention, Medina beat Hot Rod Charlie, only lost to Life is good (who was the probably favorite if not injured) and in the SA Derby, Rock Your World had the inside post and had Parnelli in Medina’s way. This time, the perfect post, he’ll sit right off the leader and the “baffert juice” will kick in down stretch.
also, Johnny V on the ride makes it that much better

I think Rock Your World is the best horse in the race, ridden by a jock who when he is going well I think is the best in the game in Joel Rosario. I will be using 7,10,15,16 in pick 4 and 5

I am going to single Baffert horse in the Pat Day Mile (Defunded) in Pat Day Mile who I love on the cut back

I think Rock Your World is the best horse in the race, ridden by a jock who when he is going well I think is the best in the game in Joel Rosario. I will be using 7,10,15,16 in pick 4 and 5

I am going to single Baffert horse in the Pat Day Mile (Defunded) in Pat Day Mile who I love on the cut back

i had rock your world a few weeks ago but the odds were much longer. Now not so much for the odds.

Great that you have integrity, but if you’re playing the horses I’m sure you’re wagering on cheaters every time you play.

Two three zone drew the rail in the Pat Day.

Handicappers are all over the board on their predictions but I'm warming up to Rock Your World as my main horse to bet around. Mike Smith keeps calling my name so I am sure I will send some love in his direction also.

Last edited:
Two three zone drew the rail in the Pat Day.
Yes. Three Two Zone. 30/1 ML. He's been good to me so far but is overmatched. Also one of two horses I own through MyRacehorse.com is running today at Belmont. Quick Conversation. 3YO Grey Filly out of Frosted is running for the 2nd time. Came in 2nd in her 1st race. 6/1 ML so will support her.

Last edited:
Derby is tough and wide open. No sense in taking any really short prices. Will play around with Highly Motivated, Medina Spirit, Hot Rod Charlie and O Besos.

Anyone play the oaks/derby double? I’ll definitely make some money today, it’s a matter of how much. I have 10,12-all so that’s a definite winner. Then another bet I have is all-14,15,17. And another is 10-14.

Anyone play the oaks/derby double? I’ll definitely make some money today, it’s a matter of how much. I have 10,12-all so that’s a definite winner. Then another bet I have is all-14,15,17. And another is 10-14.
Good job. Here are what they are coming back for a $2 bet:
Screenshot_20210501-083921_NYRA Bets.jpg
Screenshot_20210501-083936_NYRA Bets.jpg

Yep, live to Medina for 3x

Have 100 to play. Ib is my go to so I’m thinking R YW. But I always waffle, still not sure.

Mandaloun, Highly Motivated, Soup & Sandwich, and Bourbonic all across the board.

Live in the pick 6 to Medina and Essential, let’s go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom