Horse Racing | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

She was double entered in the 8th and 9th today so I believe she scratched in the 8th and will run in the 9th which is the Fantasy stake

Ahhh you are correct!

She was double entered in the 8th and 9th today so I believe she scratched in the 8th and will run in the 9th which is the Fantasy stake
Just boxed her in the exacta with the two favorites. Good luck to all!!!

yeah I think that's a given. I wouldn't be surprised if they just stay down at Belmont and race down there all summer. It's quite a circus to move everybody up to Saratoga and with no fans? What's the point?

I wonder how many of the local businesses will go under without a track season.

I told my buddies we should buy one of them in the off-season.

I wonder how many of the local businesses will go under without a track season.

I told my buddies we should buy one of them in the off-season.

I doubt very few. They might go out of business because they can’t serve patrons in general but I’m in Saratoga quite a bit in the non racing months and there’s a ton of money coming in there from downstate. It’s busy there on the weekends in the winter. Now that said, I’m not sure what restaurants etc are built for the long haul

Speed was solid at oaklawn today. Had 4 of 5 in the pick 5. Missed on the 8th race.

I've been betting a lot in Australia on the weekends. Doomben tonight

I doubt very few. They might go out of business because they can’t serve patrons in general but I’m in Saratoga quite a bit in the non racing months and there’s a ton of money coming in there from downstate. It’s busy there on the weekends in the winter. Now that said, I’m not sure what restaurants etc are built for the long haul
I don't know there seems to be some turnover every year on those streets in and around Union and Caroline.

I don't know there seems to be some turnover every year on those streets in and around Union and Caroline.
Broadway and Caroline but we know what you meant.

Looking for some value against the favorites today in Arkansas

Shooters Shoot
Wells Bayou

Hard to see Charlatan lossing without a big regression

I dont think Nadal wins so even the King might be a good bet

Yeah bad restaurants fold everywhere though but new ones continue to open. They could be in jeopardy because they are closed in general but downtown saratoga will remain a relatively thriving area as there will be another track season. It's going to hurt for sure but they aren't the only ones.

Looking for some value against the favorites today in Arkansas

Shooters Shoot
Wells Bayou

Hard to see Charlatan lossing without a big regression

I dont think Nadal wins so even the King might be a good bet

I thought Shooter shoot scratch changed the race. I think with his speed he would have at least pressed Charlatan and maybe softened it up for a closer like Basin. When a speed horse like Charlatan who has never been pressed gets an easy lead and allowed to cruise along like he did it's so damn tough to beat him. Charlatan may have very well still won but has he ever passed a horse? ever been hooked, looked another horse dead in the eye and gamely won? That is the only question I would like to see answered. He may very well have passed the test, but it looked like to me a bunch of horses running for 2nd. Not impressed with any of the horses in that first leg of the AK derby other than Charlatan

Could not agree more. Thought, overall, Nadal’s performance was more impressive. He rated, tracked the leader, took over at will, and then really extended when asked. That move in the stretch when it looked like King Guillermo was mounting a challenge was really impressive. When Nadal and Charlatan finally do hook up (with Tiz the Law) it's gonna be fun.

Last edited:
The big thing is the Derby being so much later.. There is a solid chance some horse thats not even thought of now is vastly better in 4 months.. just like what happens so often in the late summer races. It will be a big reverse though of the unknown preakness/belmont. One or 2 of these 3 would have lost the derby and skipped the preakness. Now it will be the opposite. if they run the preakness/belmont will they end up skipping the Derby?

Could not agree more. Thought, overall, Nadal’s performance was more impressive. He rated, tracked the leader, took over at will, and then really extended when asked. That move in the stretch when it looked like King Guillermo was mounting a challenge was really impressive. When Nadal and Charlatan finally do hook up (with Tiz the Law
what are the experts saying now about Tiz? does he rate with the Baffert duo? I can't root for any Baffert entries. Guy bugs me.

Could not agree more. Thought, overall, Nadal’s performance was more impressive. He rated, tracked the leader, took over at will, and then really extended when asked. That move in the stretch when it looked like King Guillermo was mounting a challenge was really impressive. When Nadal and Charlatan finally do hook up (with Tiz the Law

Yeah And Nadal has the much better jockey too. Rosario is riding really well and such a strong finisher. I am assuming that Baffert will go back to Drayden Van Dyke on Charlatan as well but who knows.

I am fan of Tiz the Law so rooting for him anyway but could be interesting with the triple crown flipped on it's head

what are the experts saying now about Tiz? does he rate with the Baffert duo? I can't root for any Baffert entries. Guy bugs me.

I think the experts are looking at Tiz the Law on the same level right now as the two Baffert's but obvioulsy Baffert always is on the forefront of Derby talk. Also it becomes what have you done for me lately so Tiz is in 3rd fave probably at this point I am sure.

Last edited:
The big thing is the Derby being so much later.. There is a solid chance some horse thats not even thought of now is vastly better in 4 months.. just like what happens so often in the late summer races. It will be a big reverse though of the unknown preakness/belmont. One or 2 of these 3 would have lost the derby and skipped the preakness. Now it will be the opposite. if they run the preakness/belmont will they end up skipping the Derby?

Baffert already said if they run Belmont in late June none of his Derby contenders will run. The 1-1/2 mile distance is not well received at this point. There is 1-2 horses out there right now that will proved strong contenders that nobody is talking about as well

Imagine of one of his big 3 runs 2 of the 3 and wins it and he skips the belmont.. maybe the Belmont should look at being shorter this year? I sitll think they need to spread out the 3 races a bit more. 1 more week between each would help keep the best horses running and not skipping the preakness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom