How awesome was Roberson's dunk? | Syracusefan.com

How awesome was Roberson's dunk?

Someone had posted before the game that he hustles down the floor and has been open, and they were hoping soeone would reward him by feeding him the ball.
Yup. He flies down floor immediately after we get possession. It helps that he will always have the freshest legs of anyone on the floor

Kid comes off the bench for his usual 2 minutes and had a highlight reel moment.

There were many great plays, and better plays, but that was one of my favorites. And, I could really care less about dunking.

Extremely active on D as well. Very pleased with what I saw from him last night. That fake and drive move he had was fantastic and one that will be repeated again and again, but with a huge flush at the end next year.

I was at one of The Beast's games last year. There was a one sequence where he blocked a shot and then raced down the court, beating his teammates down the floor for a tough layup...and a foul.

The kid runs for like a gazelle.

Extremely active on D as well. Very pleased with what I saw from him last night. That fake and drive move he had was fantastic and one that will be repeated again and again, but with a huge flush at the end next year.
And it drew one of the fouls that helped put Duke in foul trouble

Thanks for bringing up that fake! Very underrated part of last night's game. Absolutely sick move to the basket.

Very impressive stint by the young Roberson. I think he showed some nice poise out there and god knows it isn't easy to do when you're only out there for a few minutes a game. I am looking forward to this players future because he is going to be a good one.

I was surprised the Duke player (don't recall the defender) bought the fake; was Roberson really a threat to drain a deep corner jumper? Great, CONFIDENT move.

I was surprised the Duke player (don't recall the defender) bought the fake; was Roberson really a threat to drain a deep corner jumper? Great, CONFIDENT move.
It wasn't a pump fake, he jabbed to the right and then went left.

And the defender was "Potential Top Pick" Parker. (That's not taking a thing away from Parker, who is a stud, but I loved that Roberson wasn't the least but afraid)

It wasn't a pump fake, he jabbed to the right and then went left.

And the defender was "Potential Top Pick" Parker. (That's not taking a thing away from Parker, who is a stud, but I loved that Roberson wasn't the least but afraid)

Oh, it was such a fast move, I missed the jab step. :)

Oh, it was such a fast move, I missed the jab step. :)
It really was. Usually when you jab and go that quickly, the refs call you for a travel even though you may not have actually traveled. That's such a pet peeve of mine...refs are so freaking quick on the trigger when it comes to jab steps.

Someone had posted before the game that he hustles down the floor and has been open, and they were hoping soeone would reward him by feeding him the ball.

My hope was rewarded.

Loved it.

Terrific pass by Gbinije, too. A lot of us have missed the classic Syracuse transition game; I was happy to see him take advantage of an unsettled situation and find Roberson. Easy points.

Kid comes off the bench for his usual 2 minutes and had a highlight reel moment.

There were many great plays, and better plays, but that was one of my favorites. And, I could really care less about dunking.
yep and after it them calling TO and seeing CoachK face looking up at the crowd...priceless.

If Grant goes pro, I have extreme confidence in Roberson taking over that roll. Kid is a beast and with extended minuted this season we would see that. With 2 NBA players in front of him, he will have to wait for next year but don't be surprised to see him blow up if Grant does leave.

He has the mid range jump shot. Takes it to the hoop like a man with strength and quickness. Rebounds like Faried.

If Grant goes pro, I have extreme confidence in Roberson taking over that roll. Kid is THE BEAST and with extended minuted this season we would see that. With 2 NBA players in front of him, he will have to wait for next year but don't be surprised to see him blow up if Grant does leave.

He has the mid range jump shot. Takes it to the hoop like a man with strength and quickness. Rebounds like Faried.

FIXED.

If Grant goes pro, I have extreme confidence in Roberson taking over that roll. Kid is a beast and with extended minuted this season we would see that. With 2 NBA players in front of him, he will have to wait for next year but don't be surprised to see him blow up if Grant does leave.

Yeah, hopefully he's patient.

Can't say enough about C.J. (who had the best game of his career and absolutely lived up to ACC Player of the Year hype) and Grant (whose effort is excellent and whose focus from the line was even better), but I do think Roberson has the most complete skill package of all of our forwards. It's difficult to produce in limited and inconsistent minutes, but I don't doubt that he'd be averaging 15 and 8 if he'd been forced into a starter's role from the beginning of this season.

He's going to be the next great Syracuse forward.

Remember back to when we were not "elite" (there is debate when that date actually is)?
We would play a UNC, or Duke, an elite, and their 8th player would come in an look like a stud.
That be us now!

Yeah, hopefully he's patient.

Can't say enough about C.J. (who had the best game of his career and absolutely lived up to ACC Player of the Year hype) and Grant (whose effort is excellent and whose focus from the line was even better), but I do think Roberson has the most complete skill package of all of our forwards. It's difficult to produce in limited and inconsistent minutes, but I don't doubt that he'd be averaging 15 and 8 if he'd been forced into a starter's role from the beginning of this season.

He's going to be the next great Syracuse forward.
MCW passed the "eye" test in his cameo as a frosh. Roberson looked kind of "Rak-ish" his early games. Now he looks engaged, aware, ready when his time comes. Passing his "eye test" in the brief glimpse we get of him. He'll be real OK, real soon.

Remember back to when we were not "elite" (there is debate when that date actually is)?
We would play a UNC, or Duke, an elite, and their 8th player would come in an look like a stud.
That be us now!
:rolling:
Heck yes, that was awesome!

We were playing 2 on 5 offense there with G, Keita and Roberson in at the same time...and they got one of the few run out slams we've had all year. Fantastic.

Hope he can get some run against the irish with the short turnaround. Kid can play and him getting a bigger minute game with as good as he looked against duke could pay huge dividends. As could letting g get more run as well at point.

All else being equal, would like to see more run for Gbinije and Roberson. They both earned some PT yesterday. It's a long year, and the games are getting bigger and tougher. Arizona lost Ashley yesterday, so things happen. Nice to have someone ready. Even getting Buss some first half run against someone would be a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom