How Does JB Address This? | Syracusefan.com

How Does JB Address This?

Arangeman

All Conference
It’s my understanding that JB will be at the Final 4 which is a media circus. How does he address the specifics of what just happened and the overall implications for college basketball?

It’s my understanding that JB will be at the Final 4 which is a media circus. How does he address the specifics of what just happened and the overall implications for college basketball?

This actually couldn't have happened at a better time for JAB to rile up some NCAA folks at the Coaches convention held this week at the FF. Everyone will be there. He will get a ton of sympathy because they know they can be next. Look for some changes from the NCAA regarding paying athletes. I was never in favor of it, but something has to give. Here is an article I found from last year. This whole thing sux.
Here is what Adam Silver said about the G League last year:
I asked Silver about the G-League as an amateur-to-pros path at his press conference last week. I wasn’t expecting such an insightful response: "Right now, you can go into the Gatorade League at 18. We don’t promote that, we’re not trying to compete against college, and we still think right now going to these great college programs is the better path into the NBA."

The Future of the NBA Could Be the G-League

Mean more his response to the media than his recruiting strategy

"During the NCAA Tournament, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim had an interesting take on the problems facing college basketball, and took aim at the suggestion the G-League was a solution.

“This whole thing about, ‘Oh, yeah, let’s get them in the G-League.’ Have you ever been to the G-League?” Boeheim asked. “Have you gone to a G-League game? You ever lived where those guys live? They’re adults, 23-, 24-year-old guys. Now you’re going to be 17-year-old guys there? You’ve got to be crazy.” "

https://nypost.com/2018/03/29/top-hoops-recruit-hopes-bold-plan-to-skip-college-catches-on/

"During the NCAA Tournament, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim had an interesting take on the problems facing college basketball, and took aim at the suggestion the G-League was a solution.

“This whole thing about, ‘Oh, yeah, let’s get them in the G-League.’ Have you ever been to the G-League?” Boeheim asked. “Have you gone to a G-League game? You ever lived where those guys live? They’re adults, 23-, 24-year-old guys. Now you’re going to be 17-year-old guys there? You’ve got to be crazy.” "

https://nypost.com/2018/03/29/top-hoops-recruit-hopes-bold-plan-to-skip-college-catches-on/

JB says stuff?

He’s not wrong. This is a terrible idea for Bazely and a huge risk for him. If his family is convincing him for the short term money ok but that doesn’t make it a rational decision.

JB agrees with players doing this...

I can’t wholeheartedly agree with this because deep down Boeheim wasn’t even given the common curtesy a month ago that this was happening... everyone here was blindsided. If Bazley really thinks he will learn more from a G League Coach than a hall of fame coach is nuts. Don’t know what to say other than the NCAA has a s storm on there hands with this situation and need to apply the two year rule now.

I can’t wholeheartedly agree with this because deep down Boeheim wasn’t even given the common curtesy a month ago that this was happening... everyone here was blindsided. If Bazley really thinks he will learn more from a G League Coach than a hall of fame coach is nuts. Don’t know what to say other than the NCAA has a s storm on there hands with this situation and need to apply the two year rule now.

there is no storm. this happened only to us. I dont see a big wave of defections to follow.

I do not know how but I feel JB will respond recruit or transferwise to help band aid this as much as possible. Baz obviously is a talent that is not replaceable this late but I think SU still has something special building and JB needs to do something quickly.

The other theory is schools who actually pay their players got to Bazley to destroy Syracuse basketball team. They tell their agents to get to Bazley then he gets paid and decides to leave. Pretty interesting how we are the only school this happened to. Almost too convenient

there is no storm. this happened only to us. I dont see a big wave of defections to follow.
All things being equal, I think we would see the majority of the top 10-15 players going this route. And to be clear, this route is a kid getting money from an agent and/or shoe companies and playing in the G-League for a year before being drafted. The obvious reason we won't see a bunch of kids in the top 10-15 following Bazley, is because they are already getting their money from agents and or shoe companies and going to colleges with the NCAA turning a blind eye. Most of us were aware that stuff was going on, but then the FBI reports brought to light more of the details. This just proves to me that Boeheim is pretty damn clean, at least relatively. So, I find myself not caring about any of this. I would say "if I were a Duke fan, I would be worried", but we have all seen how the NCAA is with teams like Duke and UK.

All things being equal, I think we would see the majority of the top 10-15 players going this route. And to be clear, this route is a kid getting money from an agent and/or shoe companies and playing in the G-League for a year before being drafted. The obvious reason we won't see a bunch of kids in the top 10-15 following Bazley, is because they are already getting their money from agents and or shoe companies and going to colleges with the NCAA turning a blind eye. Most of us were aware that stuff was going on, but then the FBI reports brought to light more of the details. This just proves to me that Boeheim is pretty damn clean, at least relatively. So, I find myself not caring about any of this. I would say "if I were a Duke fan, I would be worried", but we have all seen how the NCAA is with teams like Duke and UK.

ok, so bazely knew he wasnt getting money from us yet still committed... and then switches to the G league all of a sudden? The only way this makes sense per your construct is if he THOUGHT we were going to pay him, and then didn't...which means we were going to pay him and then changed our ways?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom