how is it possible | Syracusefan.com

how is it possible

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
that after all these years college refs still dont know how to call a block/charge correctly? its unbelievable. shouldnt the offensive player get the benefit of the doubt ALL THE TIME??? the object of the game is to put the ball in the basket, and youre penalizing guys who make incredible drives and athletic plays because the guy defending them literally decides to stand still. its so dumb.

i initially thought mintz was out ot control and charge was the correct call. but watching it again hes in total control, makes a basketball move, and davis just decides to plant his feet and hold his ground so mintz has nowhere to go. that shouldnt be allowed. just get rid of charging. try to block the shot. if a guy lowers his shoulder into your chest thats an offensive foul. otherwise you gotta make a play on the ball, cant just stand still.

im trying to think of the equivalent of what charging would be in another sport. only thing i can think of is football and a cornerback covering a wr. ball is in the air, both players running towards the ball, and the defender just decides to stop and plant his feet right in front of the wr. wr runs into him, both players fall down, and its a penalty on the wr lol

C96D36B4-BB8A-41D0-B427-2157D3D8A750.gif

that after all these years college refs still dont know how to call a block/charge correctly? its unbelievable. shouldnt the offensive player get the benefit of the doubt ALL THE TIME??? the object of the game is to put the ball in the basket, and youre penalizing guys who make incredible drives and athletic plays because the guy defending them literally decides to stand still. its so dumb.

i initially thought mintz was out ot control and charge was the correct call. but watching it again hes in total control, makes a basketball move, and davis just decides to plant his feet and hold his ground so mintz has nowhere to go. that shouldnt be allowed. just get rid of charging. try to block the shot. if a guy lowers his shoulder into your chest thats an offensive foul. otherwise you gotta make a play on the ball, cant just stand still.

im trying to think of the equivalent of what charging would be in another sport. only thing i can think of is football and a cornerback covering a wr. ball is in the air, both players running towards the ball, and the defender just decides to stop and plant his feet right in front of the wr. wr runs into him, both players fall down, and its a penalty on the wr lol
The only reason it's an issue is that refs are either in a bad position or they anticipate the call. Personally I don't care if they needed to review each call in question, because most of these refs can't keep up with the speed of the game.

Having three refs is no better than when there only used to be two.

In total agreement. The focus of the game should be offense, that's what fans want. Any very athletic player can get in front of an offensive player and supposedly get position for a an instant to draw a charge. Davis just knew he couldn't stop Mintz so he tried the charge call which the refs were happy to oblige. North Carolina represents the worst of America, having enough power to ensure things always go your way.

sometimes standing still is the best defense. establish position and brace for collision.

“ davis just decides to plant his feet and hold his ground so mintz has nowhere to go.”

That’s called a charge.

In total agreement. The focus of the game should be offense, that's what fans want. Any very athletic player can get in front of an offensive player and supposedly get position for a an instant to draw a charge. Davis just knew he couldn't stop Mintz so he tried the charge call which the refs were happy to oblige. North Carolina represents the worst of America, having enough power to ensure things always go your way.
The type of athletic move you are referring to would have lead to mintz avoiding contact and scoring. Not elbowing dude in the face. Somehow if ja morant has the ball on that play, I doubt it goes down like it did

The type of athletic move you are referring to would have lead to mintz avoiding contact and scoring. Not elbowing dude in the face. Somehow if ja morant has the ball on that play, I doubt it goes down like it did
Correct. There is a reason Judah continues to hit the floor on every other drive. Hint: it's because he's running into people and falling obviously got him calls in AAU/HS

bang bang calls. i will say this . never a fan of the aaron crafts of the world or the litany of famous duke floppers. but judah is going down every time he gets touched. gotta stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom