how many... | Syracusefan.com

how many...

BillSU

All American
of the six remaining games do you think we will win? I don't think we win any if we play like we did vs NCST. Maybe this team will play ball, If we actually shoot and play basketball as we are capable of doing. I say WIN three - Duke, Wake and Clemson. Also are we in the NCAA's or NIT? I say the SHOW even though I don't believe we belong there. What does your heart or your mind say?
GOSU :)

W - Louisville
L- Duke (tossup because we are home)
L - North Carolina
W - Wake Forest
L - Virginia (tossup because we are home)
W - Clemson

That would put us at 11-7. That is not all that great considering the conference teams we have beaten. Now, winning just one of Duke, NC or Virginia would be HUGE, even if we lost one of the other games I am predicting a win. Regardless, 11-7 and one win in the ACC tourney I think we would be a lock for the dance.

CAVEAT - We could also go 0-6 based on how we played the other night.

W - Louisville
L- Duke (tossup because we are home)
L - North Carolina
W - Wake Forest
L - Virginia (tossup because we are home)
W - Clemson

That would put us at 11-7. That is not all that great considering the conference teams we have beaten. Now, winning just one of Duke, NC or Virginia would be HUGE, even if we lost one of the other games I am predicting a win. Regardless, 11-7 and one win in the ACC tourney I think we would be a lock for the dance.

CAVEAT - We could also go 0-6 based on how we played the other night.

If we go 11-7 we’re a lock regardless of ACC tourney IMO.

I’m going with wins against Louisville, @ Wake, and Virginia.

A week off will help us get the W vs. Lou. We beat WF on the road and finish 19-12, 10-8. We end up around a #7 seed or so in ACC and beat #10 BC or ND. We lose the next and finish 20-13 overall and earn a #10 seed in the tournament. 20 wins by Selection Sunday gets it done.

after the 5-1 start, i had the team down for 4-2 in the middle stretch and 3-3 to close. they are now a game behind my prediction, so i'll say 4-2 to close.

So far we have played 4 teams from the top tier ACC teams. Won at Duke when they were missing, for most of the game, 2 of their starters. Still, a solid victory. Blown out against VT, FSU, and NC State. Yes, I too can see SU going 3-3 down the stretch. But the way the team has played in recent games, I see 1-5 or 2-4 more likely. I keep hoping for the team to somehow resurrect itself from its terrible recent play. But there are no signs of that happening. The Louisville game is key to a successful ending to the season. Beat them, beat WF and only 1 more victory is needed to end 3-3.

I love the positivity but it's funny seeing people marking down Virginia as a win like it's going to be easy.

I'm guessing 1 to 2 wins.

I love the positivity but it's funny seeing people marking down Virginia as a win like it's going to be easy.

Never said it was going to be easy, just a guess.

I wasn't wildly optimistic pre-season, but I did think that they'd be a better team than last year. So far, as a team, they haven't really improved.

I could see.

Wake-W
Louisville-?
Clemson-?

I predicted 9-9 after the non-conference and I'm sticking to it. I hope I'm wrong. 11 wins would be awesome IMOP.

of the six remaining games do you think we will win? I don't think we win any if we play like we did vs NCST. Maybe this team will play ball, If we actually shoot and play basketball as we are capable of doing. I say WIN three - Duke, Wake and Clemson. Also are we in the NCAA's or NIT? I say the SHOW even though I don't believe we belong there. What does your heart or your mind say?
GOSU :)

In your first two sentences you sum up the problem with this year's team.

You just don't what team you're going to get on any given night.

If I looked at that list at the beginning of the year, I would have figured we have 3 more wins, maybe 4 if we're lucky.

Now, I just don't know. Are the wheels going to completely fall off? Something is wrong inside the locker room. When teams go this bad, there's usually something going on.

In your first two sentences you sum up the problem with this year's team.

You just don't what team you're going to get on any given night.

If I looked at that list at the beginning of the year, I would have figured we have 3 more wins, maybe 4 if we're lucky.

Now, I just don't know. Are the wheels going to completely fall off? Something is wrong inside the locker room. When teams go this bad, there's usually something going on.
Yes, I would also like to know what’s going on in the locker room. Someone today said that something that disturbed him in the NC State game was when Marek got flagrantly fouled, there was no attitude on our team about it. No glaring at the guy who did it, no getting fired up in support of their teammate, etc. Now, I for one do not even remember this play. I fell into a coma somewhere in the second half and as far as I can tell, I’m still in it!

But the way we have gotten beaten down in so many of our losses, I just don’t understand it.

Yes, I would also like to know what’s going on in the locker room. Someone today said that something that disturbed him in the NC State game was when Marek got flagrantly fouled, there was no attitude on our team about it. No glaring at the guy who did it, no getting fired up in support of their teammate, etc. Now, I for one do not even remember this play. I fell into a coma somewhere in the second half and as far as I can tell, I’m still in it!

But the way we have gotten beaten down in so many of our losses, I just don’t understand it.
They are taking Ambien off the market and replacing them with video tapes of SU basketball games. RVBBB. ( rip van boeheim basket ball)

They are taking Ambien off the market and replacing them with video tapes of SU basketball games. RVBBB. ( rip van boeheim basket ball)
My anxiety and stress sky rocket when I watch our games on TV. No way it is like a sleeping pill! I do better when I attend the games. I feel like I’m helping to DO SOMETHING rather than watching helplessly.

My anxiety and stress sky rocket when I watch our games on TV. No way it is like a sleeping pill! I do better when I attend the games. I feel like I’m helping to DO SOMETHING rather than watching helplessly.
You said coma. Maybe you meant comma?

Maybe b/c it wasn't a real flagrant foul. Guy made a b-ball play that made him land on top of Marek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom