Huge props to our guys | Syracusefan.com

Huge props to our guys

for what keeping it close during the portion of the game when uNC was on pace for 25 turnovers? Not even covering. made circus shots to keep it mildly interesting. giving props for losing by double digits is when you know you are horrible. This squad deserves no props sorry not to be that guy this isn't ubuffalo.

Last edited:
We're Syracuse so I don't really think we should give too many props for moral victories. But, this team is just literally out manned. Eight scholarship players. Only 3.5 who are reliable and really only two who proved anything before this season.

This team is a top 15-20 team next year and back to being a title threat in 2017.

I like this team though. It's fun as a fan to be the underdog every once in a while.

We played hard, but there are no moral victories, another frustrating loss.

Ugh. Valiant effort. You HAVE to steal this one with all of those UNC turnovers. Joseph has to start contributing out there. KILLING us. I don't think he had a FG other than that end of H of breakaway. Plenty of backup PGs contribute. Plenty. Nobody should be making excuses as to his youth anymore. It's almost February. He's just getting rid of the ball like a hot potato whenever it is passed to him. Passing up tons of open looks. I don't care about those assist numbers. He isn't doing anything to even merit getting turnovers. Just frustrating. Really good games by most of the guys. Freaking Rak and Cooney are warriors. Oh well.

for what keeping it close during the portion of the game when uNC was on pace for 25 turnovers? Not even covering. made circus shots to keep it mildly interesting. giving props for losing by double digits is when you know you are horrible. This squad deserves no props sorry not to be that guy this isn't ubuffalo.

There must be somewhere else you can post.

Some of you still don't get it.

This isn't a moral victory and I'm not making excuses.

We have six players. Six. We have 4 guys playing close to 40 minutes. Every team has a ceiling, ours is usually much higher, which is why it's hard for some to accept this.

Great effort. And this after a quick turnaround from Saturday. Depressing for the players who played with heart most of the game.

If only Buss could just hit a shot or 2. Not that this would change the outcome, but can't believe it won't fall for him.

Given our lack of depth, and the number of minutes 4 of the 5 starters played on Saturday, it's no surprise that our guys were gassed for the last 10:00.

We lost to a bigger, better, deeper and IMO, tougher, team.

We have six players. Six. We have 4 guys playing close to 40 minutes. Every team has a ceiling, ours is usually much higher, which is why it's hard for some to accept this.

I think its harder to accept because we aren't used to being in this position.

Undermanned and under-experienced right now.

Guys are playing minutes they aren't ready for. And guys are playing heavy minutes due to necessity.

And UNC isn't colgate.

I think its harder to accept because we aren't used to being in this position.

Exactly. It's tough. Last year we had Ennis step up huge when no one anticipated it. This year we haven't seen it consistently from guys we need it from (outside of our core).

Ugh. Valiant effort. You HAVE to steal this one with all of those UNC turnovers. Joseph has to start contributing out there. KILLING us. I don't think he had a FG other than that end of H of breakaway. Plenty of backup PGs contribute. Plenty. Nobody should be making excuses as to his youth anymore. It's almost February. He's just getting rid of the ball like a hot potato whenever it is passed to him. Passing up tons of open looks. I don't care about those assist numbers. He isn't doing anything to even merit getting turnovers. Just frustrating. Really good games by most of the guys. Freaking Rak and Cooney are warriors. Oh well.

He just seems so unsure of himself out there. It's frustrating, because he has these flashes during which it seems like the proverbial light went off in his head. But then, a couple of minutes later, as you said, he'll get rid of the rock like it's a hot potato.

Feel really bad for Rak. He's been nothing short of incredible and this team just doesnt' have the talent around him. Sucks this is his last year. Trevor will get another shot next year with a good squad around him.

I think most folks are accepting this. Great effort is great effort. That doesn't mean moral victory. SU is too good for moral victories. Just unfortunate injuries this year have really hurt. But the players will still give great effort from here on out, whether they win or lose. And the players certainly won't accept moral victories.

This team can't play much better than they did for the first 32 minutes. They were exhausted the last 8 minutes with 4 guys having played the entire game. Lost because we got crushed on the boards in the 2nd half. Just couldn't get hardly any defensive rebounds. UNC got 2-3 shots when they missed. Britt killed us from the wing with 3's. Guy averages 5 points and got 16 today. I know BJ can't be productive but if JB would give G and Roberson a 1 minute blow a couple of times, it might enable them to play better the last 8 minutes. UNC had a 58 point 2nd half because of ton of second shots and our guys just being gassed on defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom