Huge props to our guys | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Huge props to our guys

I think it is a great recruiting pitch to any potential big man that a guy who was averaging 5 points as a junior is now trending towards a 20/10 average and should hopefully secure himself a solid spot in this upcoming draft..

That being said it is extremely frustrating to waste such a monster year with the ineptitude on offense of kj, bus, and bj...the fact that not a single one can contribute with a demon on the inside like Rak or a sharpshooter like cooney on the floor makes me hope they are not automatically given playing time due to their seniority over the incoming class next year.

He just seems so unsure of himself out there. It's frustrating, because he has these flashes during which it seems like the proverbial light went off in his head. But then, a couple of minutes later, as you said, he'll get rid of the rock like it's a hot potato.
And what exactly did you expect from a freshman pt guard who was coming in expecting to be Ennis' backup this year?

We have role players who completely lack confidence. Buss is shooting worse than cooney as a freshman, when everyone said he lacked confidence but shot well in practice. Buss has a better release and is in control, for the most part.

Roberson is the master of hesitation, and not the good hesitation Allen Iverson had. He needs to catch and shoot in one motion. The constant dribbling in one spot just to kick it out to kaleb, and seemingly dozen head fakes scream low confidence. Next year, he's a stud. He's just an overall quiet and reserved guy right now on offense. No problem there, some guys are. He's trending up. As soon as he puts his rebounding energy towards offense moves...wow.

Same goes for kaleb. He gets passed his man but doesn't go anywhere. He can get to the rim but has no left hand and gets the ball rejected off shots and passes very often. Those are confidence killers.

Kaleb, Roberson, and buss (minutes pending), will improve significantly next year. I'm excited.

I think it is a great recruiting pitch to any potential big man that a guy who was averaging 5 points as a junior is now trending towards a 20/10 average and should hopefully secure himself a solid spot in this upcoming draft
yep, sure hope JB and Hop are reminding Mr. Bryant of that any chance they get

I think it is a great recruiting pitch to any potential big man that a guy who was averaging 5 points as a junior is now trending towards a 20/10 average and should hopefully secure himself a solid spot in this upcoming draft..

That being said it is extremely frustrating to waste such a monster year with the ineptitude on offense of kj, bus, and bj...the fact that not a single one can contribute with a demon on the inside like Rak or a sharpshooter like cooney on the floor makes me hope they are not automatically given playing time due to their seniority over the incoming class next year.
Seriously. We have a beast in post who gets doubled with every touch, a sharpshooter that gets face guarded no matter where he is by a man who will not leave him no matter what; and we can't hit an open jumpshot with the exception of G and once in a while Roberson. I'll give TRob a break here, but man it's so disappointing to watch Ron/KJ/BJ right now.

I didn't read the whole thread, so this may have been mentioned, but I'd like to give some HUGE props to Gbinje for that behind the back pass.

I never saw that coming. He even fooled me. Smoooooooooooooooooooth.

I didn't read the whole thread, so this may have been mentioned, but I'd like to give some HUGE props to Gbinje for that behind the back pass.

I never saw that coming. He even fooled me. Smoooooooooooooooooooth.
G's a great role player. He's being asked to do too much right now I think, but he's gonna be massive next year.

Seriously. We have a beast in post who gets doubled with every touch, a sharpshooter that gets face guarded no matter where he is by a man who will not leave him no matter what; and we can't hit an open jumpshot with the exception of G and once in a while Roberson. I'll give TRob a break here, but man it's so disappointing to watch Ron/KJ/BJ right now.

It is. And I bet few people are more frustrated by it than they are.

Let's be real- we were spoiled last year by Tyler Ennis. That was a complete outlier for a freshman, especially a pg.

Sorry if the loser mentality of giving props after loses makes people around here feel better about sure NIT destiny then hey whatever makes you feel better. Objectively this was the same exact team we've seen all year, uNC had 20 turnovers and it was a double digit loss. Cooney got crazy hot which he tends to do a few times a year making circus shots. that was essentially the difference between it being 15+ point loss which would have avoided this thread and the 3 others bout how proud Im supposed to be. I'm more proud when they win close and the opposing team turns it over 12 times and cooney misses all those same shots but half of u trying to act positive tnite act like the sky is falling on those nights because there's no number next to the oppositions name.

Hey man, look: we're not going to win the National Championship this year. We're not making the NCAA tourney. Hell, we're probably not winning 20 games. So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna act like you deserve better and flip out like this on people who are trying to find some positive way to support their team? What is productive about that. Point out negative aspects that could be improved, point out positives that we can build on. But to just wail away like you are doing and trying to cut others down who are discussing the team they love? What's the purpose? What is your purpose?

Hey man, look: we're not going to win the National Championship this year. We're not making the NCAA tourney. Hell, we're probably not winning 20 games. So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna act like you deserve better and flip out like this on people who are trying to find some positive way to support their team? What is productive about that. Point out negative aspects that could be improved, point out positives that we can build on. But to just wail away like you are doing and trying to cut others down who are discussing the team they love? What's the purpose? What is your purpose?
Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom