Huge props to our guys | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Huge props to our guys

This team can't play much better than they did for the first 32 minutes. They were exhausted the last 8 minutes with 4 guys having played the entire game. Lost because we got crushed on the boards in the 2nd half. Just couldn't get hardly any defensive rebounds. UNC got 2-3 shots when they missed. Britt killed us from the wing with 3's. Guy averages 5 points and got 16 today. I know BJ can't be productive but if JB would give G and Roberson a 1 minute blow a couple of times, it might enable them to play better the last 8 minutes. UNC had a 58 point 2nd half because of ton of second shots and our guys just being gassed on defense.

It wouldn't be an SU loss without some unheralded opposing player notching a career high

Feel really bad for Rak. He's been nothing short of incredible and this team just doesnt' have the talent around him. Sucks this is his last year. Trevor will get another shot next year with a good squad around him.

Absolutely. Rak has ascended himself close to the top of my favorite Orangemen list ever. This transformation into such a dominant force in the paint and having to endure the shortcomings of the team is painful to watch at times. The guy is doing everything he can pretty much every game and just not enough help.

Last edited:
Some of you still don't get it.

This isn't a moral victory and I'm not making excuses.

We have six players. Six. We have 4 guys playing close to 40 minutes. Every team has a ceiling, ours is usually much higher, which is why it's hard for some to accept this.

Which begs the question, why in the world wouldn't we take the ball out of the air (no pun intended ;)) against a team that loves to run and push the ball? I mean, that's Carolina's game...and they have the depth to do it. We kept it close for a long time, and I give the guys a lot of credit for their effort and grit as it was still a 2 point game with 4 and half minutes left, but that had a lot to do with the Heels turning the ball over so much...we clearly ran out of gas down the stretch and couldn't play D. I can't remember when a 'Cuse team has given up 93 points in regulation!

Feel really bad for Rak. He's been nothing short of incredible and this team just doesnt' have the talent around him. Sucks this is his last year. Trevor will get another shot next year with a good squad around him.
He is getting a lot of respect and now JB says he will go in the first round. So, as hard and sad as this is for him, he will get "something" for his effort. A lot of something!

There must be somewhere else you can post.

Sorry if the loser mentality of giving props after loses makes people around here feel better about sure NIT destiny then hey whatever makes you feel better. Objectively this was the same exact team we've seen all year, uNC had 20 turnovers and it was a double digit loss. Cooney got crazy hot which he tends to do a few times a year making circus shots. that was essentially the difference between it being 15+ point loss which would have avoided this thread and the 3 others bout how proud Im supposed to be. I'm more proud when they win close and the opposing team turns it over 12 times and cooney misses all those same shots but half of u trying to act positive tnite act like the sky is falling on those nights because there's no number next to the oppositions name.

Sorry if the loser mentality of giving props after loses makes people around here feel better about sure NIT destiny then hey whatever makes you feel better. Objectively this was the same exact team we've seen all year, uNC had 20 turnovers and it was a double digit loss. Cooney got crazy hot which he tends to do a few times a year making circus shots. that was essentially the difference between it being 15+ point loss which would have avoided this thread and the 3 others bout how proud Im supposed to be. I'm more proud when they win close and the opposing team turns it over 12 times and cooney misses all those same shots but half of u trying to act positive tnite act like the sky is falling on those nights because there's no number next to the oppositions name.

:eek:

I agree. He's on his way with a few nice games in a row.

Rebounding wise, one of the best I've ever seen.

Needs to secure the ball a bit more on the way down, but he's always in the right position.

Um, this team is down FOUR guys that the staff expected to have for this season. Look what we ran out there, on the road, against another HOF coach and a loaded squad.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/fans

Sounds like you've given up on this team. Only proud of them if their winning. Is that also the only time your a fan of the team?

I agree that Roberson is certainly improving and is a force on the boards. He's even making a few mid range jumpers, but man, that shot of his just looks awkward.

I agree that Roberson is certainly improving and is a force on the boards. He's even making a few mid range jumpers, but man, that shot of his just looks awkward.
Really? He swished an elbow and baseline, got the bounce on another. I will take that. He's doing what he should have. Play to his strengths, and the shots start falling from the inside out. 6 for 9 tonight, 5 assists, 3 of these were medium to deep jumpers. I say the shot is coming along.

And how about that passing from the high post?

I wish last year's team played as hard as this year's team. And by that I mean 40 minutes of all out effort and working hard to get the ball inside to Rak.

Yes!!!

Really? He swished an elbow and baseline, got the bounce on another. I will take that. He's doing what he should have. Play to his strengths, and the shots start falling from the inside out. 6 for 9 tonight, 5 assists, 3 of these were medium to deep jumpers. I say the shot is coming along.

And how about that passing from the high post?
Tee, I agree that his shot is getting better and he's hitting things now that he didn't before. Hope that continues. But to me, his release just looks a bit awkward on his jump shot, but heck, if they all go in, I don't give a rat's you know what about his release, as long as he's racking up the points. A bit of a softer touch on layups will help too, but that definitely will come too. I'm getting more and more impressed with TR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom