Hunter Dickinson | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Gonzaga is playing ball, yet we’re counting the amount of fans in the dome that need to donate $100.
You don't think the NIL donation tin idea will solve all our worries?
de7b0adb-f226-4a9f-99b8-b73b6fb94730.jpg

You mean their fans are playing ball.
Someone made a comment that schools that are all basketball or a predominantly basketball school could have an advantage. It would make some sense trying to pay eight guys than instead to pay eight plus another 30 or 40 or 50 for football.

Maybe Gonzaga and the Big East will be the big winners.

Even Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky historically seem to be more focused on basketball instead of football.

Someone made a comment that schools that are all basketball or a predominantly basketball school could have an advantage. It would make some sense trying to pay eight guys than instead to pay eight plus another 30 or 40 or 50 for football.

Even Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky historically seem to be more focused on basketball instead of football.

Yeah it does make a lot of sense- I mean football and basketball are independent businesses now at the college level with NIL, to some degree they always have been.

Yeah it does make a lot of sense- I mean football and basketball are independent businesses now at the college level with NIL, to some degree they always have been.
Independent but competing for the same donation. Both will want big money, but unless you have two separate collectives, there could be huge issues just based on the size of the pot and the number of athletes you are trying to fund.

That could be very possible.

Just another reason for some to become bearish on big time college sports. For the purists, they might become more fan focused on teams like the Women's LAX program or D2 and D3 sports where the athletes play for the love of the game.

I love SU football and college football in general. With that said- many bowl games are post season participation trophy contests for the athletes and some money for conferences and programs. Overall though when it comes to being relevant for the cfp which is really the driving factor- it's hard to make all the money worth it vs hoops where, especially in a case like ours and the hoops only BE teams- you have a real shot.

I bailed on the Jesse thread long before the ending was completely known. I think it's time to do the same here. Obviously he isn't coming to Cuse, announcements of visits to other schools and nothing since the zoom call with us. See ya later ladies and gents. On to another thread to spend hours when I should be working.

Good Night Goodbye GIF by CBC

He still might visit that’s the key…sometimes the most money doesn’t beat happiness

I bailed on the Jesse thread long before the ending was completely known. I think it's time to do the same here. Obviously he isn't coming to Cuse, announcements of visits to other schools and nothing since the zoom call with us. See ya later ladies and gents. On to another thread to spend hours when I should be working.

Good Night Goodbye GIF by CBC
Thank you for announcing your exit from the thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom