Hunter Dickinson | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Oh, all good, fellas. It was sort of an "obvi" comment, and maybe that's what I'll make my middle name: Neil "Captain Obvious" Adler. Lol. But to that point, I've been trying to get some intel as to whether SU is in the mix for a visit from Hunter. Not hearing anything at this point but will stay on it.

Back in the day, my dad led a division at a large chemical company who sold products to taco bell. The chemical products they sold were developed to prolong the life of their "meat". After learning more about their "meat", we stopped going to taco bell.
People pay a lot of money to prolong the life of their meat. Can't blame Taco Bell for that.

Oh, all good, fellas. It was sort of an "obvi" comment, and maybe that's what I'll make my middle name: Neil "Captain Obvious" Adler. Lol. But to that point, I've been trying to get some intel as to whether SU is in the mix for a visit from Hunter. Not hearing anything at this point but will stay on it.

I assume Dickenson probably wants to trigger a bidding war for his services why wouldn't he and the NBA has been brutal to top big men who have dominated NCAA ball recently Sonogo might not get drafted and has no shot at 1st round Edey and Tscheimbwe aren't even 2nd round picks on plenty of mocks despite having the last 2 Naismaths.

Who knows though WVU winning the Edwards sweepstakes surprises me and doesn't seem like a good fit for him. These guys might not be getting the blank checks we think they are. We are a perfect fit for Dickenson when you stack up everything else.

I really hate Kansas it would be awesome to see them lose out.

I assume Dickenson probably wants to trigger a bidding war for his services why wouldn't he and the NBA has been brutal to top big men who have dominated NCAA ball recently Sonogo might not get drafted and has no shot at 1st round Edey and Tscheimbwe aren't even 2nd round picks on plenty of mocks despite having the last 2 Naismaths.

Who knows though WVU winning the Edwards sweepstakes surprises me and doesn't seem like a good fit for him. These guys might not be getting the blank checks we think they are. We are a perfect fit for Dickenson when you stack up everything else.

Dickinson has been quiet, but I assume - and it's an assumption, not intel - NIL will be a big factor, and at this point, it seems SU likely won't be able to compete with Big 12 schools like Kansas, or UMD and those in the Big Ten. I'm curious what the NIL game is like at GTown ... Cooley has done well on the recruiting trail of late.

I feel that it’s too early to determine Hunter Dickinson‘s motives. It could be that he is just trying to tamp down all the speculation until he determines where he wants to go next.
Jesse and WVU, go figure. They typically go after more physical bigs and only time will show how and if he fits there.

I feel that it’s too early to determine Hunter Dickinson‘s motives. It could be that he is just trying to tamp down all the speculation until he determines where he wants to go next.
Jesse and WVU, go figure. They typically go after more physical bigs and only time will show how and if he fits there.
In most cases money is going to be the determining factor. If that is the case here there is little to no chance we can compete with the likes of Kansas. Not to mention Kansas being one of the top 2-3 programs in the country. Hoping for the best, however!

I tend to think of the money as something that the school and/or its boosters put together for the player. I was reminded that not all NIL money comes from that source. There is agent money in play too, especially for someone with NBA earning potential. Agents often work through AAU programs to get money to players.

If only we had an AAU connection to HD.

Back in the day, my dad led a division at a large chemical company who sold products to taco bell. The chemical products they sold were developed to prolong the life of their "meat". After learning more about their "meat", we stopped going to taco bell.
At least you learned that way, most people stop going to Taco Bell after learning the developments of the effects of their "meat" on the gastrointestinal system...the hard way. ;)

Even a Rutgers Frat boy might question a 5-spot buying 3 pounds of Tacos after midnight.

Until they come up with a salary cap for NIL so to speak, we may be on the outside looking in.
The NIL has turned into the haves and have nots. I really don’t think that was the purpose. Should be to get these guys some dough for helping make the schools a bunch of money. The NCAA should be footing the bill.
I would imagine all this will get reigned in soon and kind of equal things out a bit.

If we really let Jesse walk over 400k (no clue if this is true) in what world are we landing Hunter (who’s better and more prominent name) ? We need to focus on someone we can afford.

I would be very shocked if Hunter doesn’t end up at KU. Feels like we got a TTO connection courtesy Zoom call but that’s about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom