I am seriously tired of the SEC... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I am seriously tired of the SEC...

Their history is basketball and always will be. They have never, and will never be a consistently good football program.
We have been good and will be again, I've been around a long time, seen the good and bad. The wheel spins and always comes back around. North Carolina is a never was, and never will be.
This is the first time in about 20 years the University has shown they care about football, hiring good coaches makes a big difference at a school like ours.
LT went to UNC.
UNC football has never gotten the investment it needed prior to college realignment.
UNC is now using its resources to its advantages.

UNC with a few more recruiting classes will be a good team.

Don brown hired 2 of the top high school coaches in Mass. Those guys know every coach in Mass and probably New England personally. Their will be recruiting and dialogue between them and those high school coaches are going to tell their guys they have a chance for a scholly at UMASS. It is going to light a fire inder high school football over there. Also, Bell and Edsall recruited decently but their programs needed more time to develop the young talent. Brown and Mora are going to have personnel to work with and I would expect both of those teams to do well next year. I also expect the Connecticut river rivalry to grow fast and become a valuable asset. These are actual events that are happening.
Good for Don Brown.

Syracuse has a talent infusion prpblem for P5 football.

UMass talent makes Syracuse talent look like Ohio State.

Umass wil NEVER ever ever ever(Just like Magic Johnson said about another Larry Bird) recruit the top talent in New England.
Penn State or Notre Dame or one of the factories will come get it.
Umass is going to get the scraps of New England who won’t get offers from P5 and at best only have MAC offers.

Umass will go down to FCS before it ever becomes a good FBS program.
It’s not a sleeping giant. I feel bad for the kid on here who is a UMass alum and SU fan he is cool and gets it.
You think UMass can be something it can never ever ever be.

Florida, Texas and California as well as many other regions football is great because they have a lot of teams offering a lot of scholarships that makes high school programs and players develop to try to get those scholarships. That's why.

Ugh, I think it’s the other way around.

I’ll watch because they’re the two best teams and it should be a good game.

I will watch if one of the teams promises to run the option or the wishbone. Otherwise, I’m out.

LT went to UNC.
UNC football has never gotten the investment it needed prior to college realignment.

And Jim Brown went here. Gale Sayers went to.Kansas. UNC has.been wasting their recruiting classes.

And Jim Brown went here. Gale Sayers went to.Kansas. UNC has.been wasting their recruiting classes.
You didn’t even read my post.
UNC was caught off guard last realignment cycle.
They now realize they their football program needs to get some investment. Which it has.

UNC is a sleeping giant and now that they are investing in football will continue to hoard talent.
With more talent their coaching will just cost them an opportunity to be a playoff team.

We aren’t close to UNC. I wish we could have a top 40 recruiting class they got a top 10 class this year and top 15 last year.

They are actually building a foundation.

Kentucky beats Iowa. I'm very happy because Iowa had a 4th and 1 from their own 45 with 3mins and change left and chose to punt it away.
100 pct should have gone for it.

Kentucky beats Iowa. I'm very happy because Iowa had a 4th and 1 from their own 45 with 3mins and change left and chose to punt it away.
Kirk has generally been pretty aggressive with those calls later in his career. Don't understand that one, especially in a bowl game.

Kirk has generally been pretty aggressive with those calls later in his career. Don't understand that one, especially in a bowl game.
Was the center that got hurt back in on that series or just the last series? Still your running it great go for it.

You didn’t even read my post.
UNC was caught off guard last realignment cycle.
They now realize they their football program needs to get some investment. Which it has.

UNC is a sleeping giant and now that they are investing in football will continue to hoard talent.
With more talent their coaching will just cost them an opportunity to be a playoff team.

We aren’t close to UNC. I wish we could have a top 40 recruiting class they got a top 10 class this year and top 15 last year.

They are actually building a foundation.
With all that talent they went 6 and 7. I like mack brown but he's done a lousy job in his 2nd stint at Chapel hill.

LT went to UNC.

We had winners long before Lawrence Taylor arrived (he played on our last ACC champion in 1980). Back in the old days, there were only 4 bowls: Rose, Cotton, Sugar, and Orange. UNC played in 3 consecutive bowls following the '47, '48, and '49 seasons. There were quite a few major powers back then that had yet to accomplish that feat.

The UNC administration began putting the brakes on UNC football as soon as two time Heisman runner up Charlie Justice graduated. It did so in the name of opposing 'professionalism in college sports.'

Jim Tatum (the coach who won Maryland's National Championship and who before that went to Oklahoma and totally restructured the program in 1 year and then headed back east, leaving his top assistant Bud Wilkinson in charge), was a UNC grad and All-American. His nephew Felix Blanchard played at UNC as a freshman, but then was drafted by the Army specifically to play football at West Point. Tatum was brought back to UNC from Maryland to rebuild, but he died unexpectedly, probably from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. The UNC admin struck once again and kept the program hamstrung for another decade.

The UNC administration made certain not to hire another SEC guy when Bill Dooley left, and it also made certain we had no search to replace Mack Brown in '97 - we just took the DC, who in 1 year took a Top 5 team down one that barely won 6 games. The UNC admin today seems to love old Mack precisely because he assembled a weak staff that can do nothing but help him recruit talent that gets wasted.

With all that talent they went 6 and 7. I like mack brown but he's done a lousy job in his 2nd stint at Chapel hill.
And we just got embarrassed by a 6-6 team playing 2 QBs, one of whom was a WR until 3 weeks ago and the other of whom was Grad Assistant coach with a year of eligibility left.

We need to recruit to scheme, leverage the portal and (most importantly) hit on our QB’s.

We play in a Dome.. we can actually do that.

We aren’t recruiting on UNC’s level anytime soon. Nobody cares that Jim Brown played here 100 years ago.
NY and PA both produce much less talent than they did in 1960 and 1970 and 1980 and even 1990. Syracuse has to recruit widely.

Was the center that got hurt back in on that series or just the last series? Still your running it great go for it.
He was still out and that was probably a factor, but I still go for it.

I was thinking maybe a giant suck hole could open up and swallow the whole stadium. Coaches, players, and all their moronic fans. Throw the broadcasters in there too. Tired of the endless ass kissers in the booth and the studio. Sorry, I'm not as intelligent or articulate as CTO. But I wholeheartedly agree with her.

This is the hardest part for me. Broadcasters mostly suck, don't really relate to her we are. Don't really care, either.

NY and PA both produce much less talent than they did in 1960 and 1970 and 1980 and even 1990. Syracuse has to recruit widely.

Lacrosse, soccer and basketball have stolen their attention and participation.

UNC had the top ACC football recruiting class during the early signing period.
There were in the top 10.
UNC can and should be a consistent top 25 football team.

They have a way better chance than Syracuse to be good year in year out.
Agree with your last sentence but their HC is on his last legs.

Don brown hired 2 of the top high school coaches in Mass. Those guys know every coach in Mass and probably New England personally. Their will be recruiting and dialogue between them and those high school coaches are going to tell their guys they have a chance for a scholly at UMASS. It is going to light a fire inder high school football over there. Also, Bell and Edsall recruited decently but their programs needed more time to develop the young talent. Brown and Mora are going to have personnel to work with and I would expect both of those teams to do well next year. I also expect the Connecticut river rivalry to grow fast and become a valuable asset. These are actual events that are happening.
”…..the connecticut river rivalry…”

Are you for real? Umass and Uconn are racing to see who drops football first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom