I can’t be the only one…. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I can’t be the only one….

i do not do twitter, but i also have a flip phone if says anything

I agree that she isn't the best, but to be fair to her this is pretty normal. Almost every reporter I follow on Twitter for other sports (Bills, Sabres) tweets about more than just the team. Almost noone just sticks to sports, unless its one of the big national reporters. Bailey was more of the exception, because well I'm not sure he did too much outside of sports to be honest, lol.
Other beat reporters also do their job well. Meaning during the season, the bulk of the content they are pushing is about… ya know… the team they cover?

The P-S has pushed SU football to the bottom of the barrel. Maybe their analytics say nobody cares. I don’t necessarily buy that, but they have made a choice. Issue I have is even if you don’t prioritize SU football, find someone that is passionate about it. Find someone that actually likes football. Find someone that is an SU grad. Literally find anyone else. This person does not care about the subject she is covering. That much is abundantly clear.

Other beat reporters also do their job well. Meaning during the season, the bulk of the content they are pushing is about… ya know… the team they cover?

The P-S has pushed SU football to the bottom of the barrel. Maybe their analytics say nobody cares. I don’t necessarily buy that, but they have made a choice. Issue I have is even if you don’t prioritize SU football, find someone that is passionate about it. Find someone that actually likes football. Find someone that is an SU grad. Literally find anyone else. This person does not care about the subject she is covering. That much is abundantly clear.
Totally agree. We'll see when the season starts

That magical thing called the internet solves all of those problems. It amazes me that people still pay for a local newspaper subscription in 2022.
The wife and I have this disagreement twice a year. I want to drop it; she doesn’t.

Our most recent…So the Sunday paper doesn’t get delivered yesterday morning. She calls at 9:30 AM and the paper says we can either “skip the paper and donate the cost or have it delivered later in the day.” She opts for later delivery which, surprise surprise, doesn’t come.

Low and behold the Sunday paper gets delivered this morning. Except is the Sunday paper from two weeks ago August 14. She calls the paper again and they tell her the August 28 paper will be delivered by noon. Again, no paper by noon. She calls again and demands a credit for the Sunday paper. The paper agrees but no dice on delivering the paper.

They clearly do not give a crap about customer service but they whine, cry and complain about losing subscribers. And to be clear, this is the Albany Times Useless not the Syracuse paper. The Albany Sports section in 90% horse racing - good luck finding SU coverage.

I’m going win this battle…

Y'all are too harsh. Her writing has been fine. Looking forward to the spaces later. Most writers these days (especially younger ones) have broad interests and share those online.

Y'all are too harsh. Her writing has been fine. Looking forward to the spaces later. Most writers these days (especially younger ones) have broad interests and share those online.

Yeah it's a tough situation for her to jump into as well. She has no clue how starved this fanbase is this time of year especially. We want all the access we're allowed and then some. There were days where Stephen Bailey was doing numbers compared to her, and it was easy to pile on.

The Tucker piece was great. She is certainly entitled to tweet whatever she wants, but I do understand fans thinking it should be SU Football or bust.

I'm sure she will do just fine and just got off on the wrong foot with a fanbase who took a little misdirected anger out on her.

Can't wait for her recap of SU kicking luuuulville's asses!

Someone needs to send her a copy of "How to win friends and Influence people". ;)
Came her to share this. Maybe I’m over reacting but it’s a really really bad look to wear another universities hoodie to your head football coaches weekly radio show?

Came her to share this. Maybe I’m over reacting but it’s a really really bad look to wear another universities hoodie to your head football coaches weekly radio show?
I'm beginning to wonder if continuing to follow her on Twitter is even worth it.

It’s not a great look. But Bus the Art Guy is open about Michigan being his favorite cfb team, despite being employed by SU, so that’s just how it’s done in Syracuse I guess.

1662076676967.gif

Yeah, that wouldn't fly here in Knoxville. I took ribbing from patients today because I wasn't wearing Tennessee orange. Mind you, I have three colors of scrubs that I wear, none of them any shade of orange. The first 15 minutes and last 5 minutes of the 6pm local news focused on the game tonight.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom