i have a bad feeling about this toledo request | Syracusefan.com

i have a bad feeling about this toledo request

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
As in since both mac and be officials agree they will make an unprecedented change

Okay. And when that happens:

Can we get our win back against Tenn in 1998?

Can we get our win back against Oklahoma in 1994?

And can we get our win back against Penn State in 1969?

Thank you.

As in since both mac and be officials agree they will make an unprecedented change

They can never make this change.

First, no one knows how the game would have played out.

Second, it would open the door for all sorts of challenges/requests after the fact.

And the BE officials better be careful. Being angry we are leaving is one thing. Being vengeful is very dangerous.

Don't. Even if the Big East tries to screw the team, which is incredibly unlikely in the first place because it establishes an incredibly dangerous precedent, SU can just appeal, which will extend way past the end of the season. And then, the NCAA would never let it happen because it's an incredibly dangerous precedent.

Will. Not. Happen.

BE pockets aren't deep enough to fight the legal sh!tstorm that would come down on them if they attempt to do this. Plus, my guess is that this is an NCAA issue, not a league issue. Don't thing the BE can unilaterally overturn a win or a loss. Technically, not sure the NCAA can either. They can vacate, sure. But not what Toledo would be asking to do(I think).

Will. Not. Happen.

Plus, my guess is that this is an NCAA issue, not a league issue. Don't thing the BE can unilaterally overturn a win or a loss. Technically, not sure the NCAA can either. They can vacate, sure. But not what Toledo would be asking to do(I think).

The only thing I could think of like this is the fifth down game between Colorado and Missouri. In that case, it was the Big 8 commissioner who declined to reverse the results. And that situation DIRECTLY impacted the result of the game.

Will. Not. Happen.

BE pockets aren't deep enough to fight the legal sh!tstorm that would come down on them if they attempt to do this. Plus, my guess is that this is an NCAA issue, not a league issue. Don't thing the BE can unilaterally overturn a win or a loss. Technically, not sure the NCAA can either. They can vacate, sure. But not what Toledo would be asking to do(I think).

Why is Toledo even doing this? Even if the loss is vacated they still need to go 5-3 vs MAC teams the rest of the way to make a Bowl. It doesn't change a damn thing for them. It is not a conference game and has no bearing on them making a Bowl.

BTW since it isn't a Big East game, I believe they have ZERO jurisdiction.

Leagues admit ref errors all the time. Hell it happened in the BET last year. RU got screwed and had to live with it.

If SU gets first and goal at the 1 or 2 (whatever the rule is) for the PI on Lemon, I'll consider the XP request. It was the textbook definition of pass interference and the reason they created that penalty in the first place.

No way they can rule in Toledo's favor. It wasn't the last play and in fact they had two great chances to score TD's after that and came away with a total of 3 points.

If you start changing history on one call that happened with plenty of time left in the game, then you have to go back and change every blown call that happened in the entire game. And then what can you determine about what the final outcome should be? Absolutely nothing.

Big can of worms and there is no way they can establish that prescedent.

Okay. And when that happens:

Can we get our win back against Tenn in 1998?

Can we get our win back against Oklahoma in 1994?

And can we get our win back against Penn State in 1969?

Thank you.
What win against Tenn are you referring too? Please don't tell me you are talking about the PI call. It was Pass Interference. 100%. And I don't care that the official closest too it did not call it.

It was called and it was PI.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This will never happen in a million years. The Toledo AD is completely unprofessional for even requesting it.

This will never happen in a million years. The Toledo AD is completely unprofessional for even requesting it.

Marinara probably gave him $$$$ to do it.

Why is he unprofessional?

44cuse

Even if the PAT had been the last play of the game the ruling would never be overturned. Mistakes happen all of the time in every sport. Mistakes are part of sports. There are many plays during a game that are decided by the officials. If each questionable call was allowed to be reviewed after the conclusion of a sporting event there would no longer be sports as we know them. Human error is and always be a part of sports. It one of the elements that makes it so exciting. Each week there would be dozens of plays that would be questioned. Think of the ramifications. How about payouts in Vegas to start. All legal gambeling would be subjected to this. In short the ruling on the field will stand no matter what any review shows after the contest has concluded.

Actually why not go for the win hoping the game is at least declared nullified. I do think it looks like sour grapes.

If you guys want to see an ending of a game that should have been changed but wasn't, it's the Colorado-Missouri game in 1990:
Keep count of the downs after CU gets the first and goal at the ~2:50 mark. Here's why it mattered: Colorado lost another game that year (not counting that screw-up, which they lost by the rules), and went on to squeak by Notre Dame (needing a phantom block in the back call on a kick return TD by Rocket) in their bowl and was voted #1 by the AP at the end of the year. Georgia Tech was undefeated (though we did tie UNC) and blew Nebraska out in our bowl and ended up #1 by the coaches poll.

If there was ever a game that should have been overturned after it was over, it was that one. If Syracuse gets put in the position where it needs to defend itself on this one (don't think you will), pull the tape of Colorad0-Missouri from 1990 out...

What win against Tenn are you referring too? Please don't tell me you are talking about the PI call. It was Pass Interference. 100%. And I don't care that the official closest too it did not call it.

It was called and it was PI.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Can we at least get a do over from multiple uniform violations never before called - and never since?

Can we at least get a do over from multiple uniform violations never before called - and never since?
We actually had that called against us in that same season I think. We lost to Tenn. I wish we didn't. But we did. We had a chance to beat them and didn't get it done.

44cuse

Not that it would have been smart, but SU could have surprised onside kick only up by two to clinch the game. Nor would it ever happen, but nobody here is psychic.

It ain't gonna happen. This is all over the news right now, and the only reason it's still a big deal. I don't think the NCAA loses any sleep over this crap.

If Galaragga (sp?) didn't gt his perfect game last year, no game should be undone.

They can't change it because SU had 2 timeouts when Toledo had first and goal. We use them there and get the ball with time left. Who knows if we run the kickoff back for a TD? Or good return and a few completions and last second fg? You could never make that determination so Toledo's request has no merit.

We actually had that called against us in that same season I think. We lost to Tenn. I wish we didn't. But we did. We had a chance to beat them and didn't get it done.

44cuse
I don't get your point. So SU was the only team to have uni violations called - at least that I've ever seen - and twice I believe by SEC officials in the Tenn game

I don't get your point. So SU was the only team to have uni violations called - at least that I've ever seen - and twice I believe by SEC officials in the Tenn game
Point was: we had it called against us again that season I believe.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom