I have one over-riding thought tonight... | Syracusefan.com

I have one over-riding thought tonight...

Not in Syracuse!!!...lol. But I do get your point. I think everyone knew that a loss was coming. At Duke? At UVA, something had to give. But to lose to a 6-19 team when you were up 13 in the second half is downright embarrassing. Even more embarrassing than those uniforms we wore tonight. Still, 25-1 is better than anyone thought possible at this point in the season. We've seen the boys play at a high level this year and we most certainly can get back to that. Lets just hope it starts Saturday.

Orange Nation will be basking in the Glorious Sunshine of Victory come Sat nite after Duke goes down!!!!

Can't believe Matt Park is reading the board while on the air. He just quoted "Annie" too. CTO, I know your presence is far-reaching, but whoa!...

Amen sister. One game. Let's move on!

the only problem i have with THIS loss... is that now we have 4/5 on the road and play the 2 hardest games of the season...

we really need to go 4-1.

If we do that, no big deal

Cto. Were you wearing a orange headband today? I was going to come up and say hi but wasn't sure it was you lmao

Can't believe Matt Park is reading the board while on the air. He just quoted "Annie" too. CTO, I know your presence is far-reaching, but whoa!...
Wow. that is cool. What did he say about it?

Cto. Were you wearing a orange headband today? I was going to come up and say hi but wasn't sure it was you lmao
I was watching the game in Southport, CT. Unless you were here, it was not me.

No kidding, CTO.

A week ago today, I was keyed up in the hours leading up to the Pitt game. Couldn't stop thinking about the game all day. I can't stand pitt, I loathe their fans, and the prospect of them ending our winning streak and knocking us from the #1 ranking while their arrogant fans celebrated was infuriating to me.

Literally two minutes before the game started, my 3 1/2 year old daughter burned herself on our stove. Its the first time she's ever done anything like this, and was one of those not pay attention for a half second and something bad happens--my wife and I were both within 2 feet of her. Needless to say, it put my priorities in better perspective that night. I missed 90% of the first half of the game while we iced her hand and tried to figure out if we needed to take her to the emergency room, and sweated out whether she might have second degree burn, etc. And while watching the remainder of the second half, I wasn't nearly as worked up about it as I had been going in. Don't get me wrong--I was happy that we went on to win the game, it was one of those life lessons about what's important.

Last edited:
Wow. that is cool. What did he say about it?
He just said "the sun will come up tomorrow", thought it was funny because it was the same moment I was reading your post. lol

He just said "the sun will come up tomorrow", thought it was funny because it was the same moment I was reading your post. lol
Darn... I thought you meant he was reading my post and quoting me. Oh well, we're both Newhouse grads.

cto said:
I was watching the game in Southport, CT. Unless you were here, it was not me.

Good thing I didn't go up and say hello!!! Hahaha. At least you were on a delay of this loss albeit a few seconds behind.

No kidding, CTO.

A week ago today, I was keyed up in the hours leading up to the Pitt game. Couldn't stop thinking about the game all day. I can't stand pitt, I loathe their fans, and the prospect of them ending our winning streak and knocking us from the #1 ranking while their arrogant fans celebrated was infuriating to me.

Literally two minutes before the game started, my 3 1/2 year old daughter burned herself on our stove. Its the first time she's ever done anything like this, and was one of those not pay attention for a half second and something bad happens--my wife and I were both within 2 feet of her. Needless to say, it put my priorities in better perspective that night. I missed 90% of the first half of the game while we iced her hand and tried to figure out if we needed to take her to the emergency room, and sweated out whether she might have second degree burn, etc. And while watching the remainder of the second half, I wasn't nearly as worked up about it as I had been going in. Don't get me wrong--I was happy that we went on to win the game, it was one of those life lessons about what's important.

So, you didn't sacrifice your daughter's hand to the gods tonight. Well, now we know why we beat Pitt and lost to BC. Some fan you are.

I'm not even upset. Now, if we are up 13 against Duke and then blow it then I will definitely be pissed.

i don't know about that. i'm pretty pi$$ed off right now. this was an awful loss. i don't mind if we lose, but losing at home to a team with 6 wins on the season with the conference title in sights is as bad as you can get. i could live with a Duke loss, but losing to BC at home is unacceptable.

anomander said:
i don't know about that. i'm pretty pi$$ed off right now. this was an awful loss. i don't mind if we lose, but losing at home to a team with 6 wins on the season with the conference title in sights is as bad as you can get. i could live with a Duke loss, but losing to BC at home is unacceptable.

I probably would have responded to the original quote word for word. Thank you for saving me the time.

The only thing that comes to mind from this thread is 'pollyanna'. Hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;) LGO!

Reactions: cto
After Bobby Thompson hit his home run to beat the Dodger sin the 1951 playoff, Red Barber paused for a few moments and then noted that in the previous week, hundreds of solider had lost their lives in Korea. and that the Dodgers had just lost a baseball game and that they and their fans would get over it.

The sun will come out tomorrow; I mean it really will here in Brooklyn, and the temps will rise to the high forties, which will feel f**king tropical. And SU basketball will survive last night's loss and rise from the ashes. This is a tough team; they are not going to fold. They may lose at Duke; most teams do, but they'll put their act together and move on. (At least Duke can't be the team that broke the string.) As far as seeding, people worry too much about the seed and what teams SU might have to play. How you get seeded in life is a lot more important. You start with a decent base, you've got a decent chance. You pull a poor seed, the challenge is tough. I have been bleeding Orange for decades and still do, but I have finally in the very few past years come to understand and accept that basketball is a game, a game. Go Orange, whip Duke's butt!!!

the only problem i have with THIS loss... is that now we have 4/5 on the road and play the 2 hardest games of the season...

we really need to go 4-1.

If we do that, no big deal
My biggest problem is that it was the last place team! If it was to NCSt, it would not have been so bad. This will go down as a bad lose come tourny time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom