I think its time for a discussion | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

The AD at Syracuse doesn't answer to anybody, what a dream job.

You think there’s a buddy Garrity Calling wildhack Monday morning offering to put $ in to buy out Dino’s contract or Pull donations that are significant I think you would be mistaking. Wildhack has plenty of people he answers to just not some huge football booster with huge pockets.

Last edited:
K has spent years now with kids going to class for a semester and a half if that. This is silly we didn’t lose to MIT.
That's not the discussion. The discussion is whether they can get admitted.

How did I move the goalposts?
By comparing the difference between building a basketball team and a football team. That is not what we were talking about. We were talking about Duke's admission standards for athletes (which in itself is a digression). I brought up basketball as evidence that they have admitted some athletes that did not seem academic enough to meet the standards you are claiming Duke athletes must meet. It had nothing to do with the difference between building a basketball team and football team.

Then fold the program. I'm sorry but.if your bar is Duke than I really don't know what else to say.

I didn't say our bar is Duke but our program perception dropped to their level over the past 20 years.

Such a bad excuse. Why not this year? It's still football and he still hasn't shown any offense. This was supposed to be his bell cow.
Because practice really didn’t happen
RB1 and RB2 opted out, when has that EVER happened
Our FB is a starting Olineman
So yeah it’s been an odd year...
Not bad excuses, real life

You think there’s a buddy Garrity Calling wildhack Monday morning offering to put $ in to buy out Dino’s contract or Pull donations that are significant I think you would be mistaking. Wildhack has plenty of people he answers to just not some huge football booster with huge pockets.
I didn't say they were.

Guys need to catch the ball. But the schedule is a bear.
Your being sarcastic? The schedule is a bear? I mean year 5 in the acc we should be competitive and winning 6+, even this season we should win 6 games and be competitive in others, besides clemson the last 4 years the conference isn't exactly killing it. We don't play ND every year and if UNC/VaTech is going to take over the #2 spot thats fine with me.

It’s almost impossible to fail out of school. I’m sure there are exceptions somewhere but this isn’t a real issue.
Yes once your enrolled in the school. I'm talking about getting them in school. For years schools like Stanford Duke Notre Dame Vandy have had a difficult time competing with other schools because of their high academic standards.

Am I the only one who has not been impressed by abdul at all, I think were missing jarveon more than him, it's not like elmore is the only option, they've had SOME injuries but everyone does, thats DB&CO problem, what about all the new HC's who had to install an entire new program etc, the offense is not that much different. Does it hurt sure but it's not a good excuse atleast to me

Virginia Tech was 2-0 and went toe to toe with UNC, while their team is ravaged by COVID somehow every week.

Every team has their issues this year.

Our FB is a starting lineman because Dino hasn’t recruited well, or developed well, on the OL... can’t blame it all on no Bleisch.

We could really use a Ray Tatum now that Tommy is injured.

I’d settle for a Matt Saracen but Tatum’s a better fit with our OL (bigger guy and more mobile).

Not sure how good SRS is but here's how SU compares to Duke during Cuttcliffe's early seasons (paranthesis means negative in this case.)

Syracuse
2020 - 2.89 (before today's game)
2019 - (2.79)
2018 - 12.14
2017 - 1.96
2016 - (4.51)

Duke
2012 - (0.28)
2011 - (7.34)
2010 - (4.59)
2009 - (2.45)
2008 - (0.39)

Looks like they got worse every year before things started turning around in 2012.
what is SRS

I want to give Dino two more years after this season but the performances aren't helping his case. I think next year he'll need to deliver an easy bowl season.

Hopefully this year a lot of the freshman and sophomores get valuable experience and provide additional depth for next year. O-line and RB groups look to be in good shape next year, hopefully the young WRs that have size emerge

I want to give Dino two more years after this season but the performances aren't helping his case. I think next year he'll need to deliver an easy bowl season.

Hopefully this year a lot of the freshman and sophomores get valuable experience and provide additional depth for next year. O-line and RB groups look to be in good shape next year, hopefully the young WRs that have size emerge
I'm sorry but he doesn't get two more years. It's bowl game or bust next year