If Battle is back next year where are Hughes minutes going to come from? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

If Battle is back next year where are Hughes minutes going to come from?

If Brandon Triche or CJ Fair left after two years to get paid in Europe we never win 30 games in 2013 and never make the FF.
Neither guy was rated as highly as Battlr in the recruiting rankings though.
Battle wasn’t expected to stay 3-4 years.

“They view me as a one-and-done type of guy.” ~Jalen Carey

Neither guy was rated as highly as Battlr in the recruiting rankings though.
Battle wasn’t expected to stay 3-4 years.
Who was actually saying Battle wouldn’t stay 3-4 years. I found it funny some people claim that especially since most of the time the player has yet to play a minute of college basketball.

Who was actually saying Battle wouldn’t stay 3-4 years. I found it funny some people claim that especially since most of the time the player has yet to play a minute of college basketball.

agreed and Paul Harris wasn't suppose to even play college ball... It's funny that even Harris figured out he wasn't getting where he thought he would after year 1 and then year 2. Battle is a borderline at best at best NBA player, he will be that this year and he will be that next year and the year after. He may get a whiff at some point but it certainly won't be next year.

No part of Battles game says NBA to me. It says work your asss off during the off season and improve your game.

I can see Marek getting red shirted to bulk up and work on shooting. His game IQ is good already. Expect Hughes and Carey to be the first two off the bench

More likely is he’d head back to Europe than he’d redshirt. I’ve heard varying opinions on how long he’d stay here but I’ve assumed, for no good reason, that he’s a temp here.

Hughes much more suited to play some minutes at 3 than Tyus is. Can actually see him betting some minutes at the expense of Battle and Oshae. Going to be interesting to see where Moyer and Dolezaj get minutes though with Bazley playing 35+ at the 4. And most feel Buddy will have a significant role next year too.

Lots of bad rotation problems this year.
Lots of good rotation problems next year if everyone is back
Im assuming Buddy redshirts. Moyer will have had two years to figure it out and make strides, he could challenge for minutes at the 4. I think with this lineup, Marek’s the odd man out that needs to make significant strides in the off season.

Washington can redshirt or get minutes here and there.
I just can’t see Buddy having a significant role as a freshman. Even JB has said he may redshirt. I see the Trevor Cooney redshirt plan for him. That said, it will depend on if we have four other guards going into the season (Battle declaring or not, and the severity of Howard Washington’s injury is TBD).

Isn’t that kinda obvious by now.
I was floored when we got 2 years out of Lydon.
We don’t do a good job in player development.
There development is for our system.
Dion Waiters is the really the only guy who got better and increased their draft stock. That was more he got his act together.

The guys who stay Nichols, Fair are fringe guys.
Fab?

I'd be surprised if Battle came back. In an interview on sujuiceonline, adam zagoria, who's apparently close with the Battle family, made it sound like Gary and Tyus have planned all along that he would leave after this year.

I'm sure Tyus and his dad did have that planned all along, like virtually everyone else. However, no one expected him to struggle like he is. Sometimes plans have to change based on new developments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom