If Texas A&M looks like a serious contender | Syracusefan.com

If Texas A&M looks like a serious contender

Gonzo

Walk On
If as ESPN proclaimed that the Aggies look like a serious contender, what does that make the Orange now???

I'm not sure if either is a serious contender right now. They may well be -- it's a little early to proclaim that except for a handful of teams.

I would also label a serious contender as someone who is on track for a top 3 seed.

But I will this based on our the past week.

You typically spend you season looking at three groups of teams as the season progresses:
1) Top 4 Seed Teams (i.e Pod Seeds)- We have been very fortunate in many recent years concerning us with other top teams and worrying about locations
2) ) Stuck in the Middle (not pod nor bubble). Not a bad place to be, but a bit of a boring place as the season progresses.
3) The Wider Bubble Teams

We really have not been in group 2 that much in recent years. We have either been a POD level team, and when we have struggled we have been fairly bad and a bubble level team.

Entering the season, I figured this would be a 3 type season, and for our standing as a middle of the pack ACC team it was important for the ACC t0 do really well in the OOC.

Now I am fairly confident we are at least a 2, with a good chance of being a team that is more worried about the elite over the season.

I think the best part of this is that we are a team that can get a lot better. Two freshman that are keys to our team and a jr that has missed two years that if he can stay healthy, will only get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom