IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse?

Here's an idea of bro, just do not read my post. How about that because I don't feel age? Having like just this annoying nat that causes a annoyance from time 2 time2time
Huh?

Now that the PAC is officially dead the ACC is next in line to get the shiv.
That is exactly what all the BT and SEC 'Realignment is Great' types are salivating about.

MHver3 isn a WVU fan with a fairly large Twitter following. He asserts that 'mid-tier ACC schools' are now contacting the Big 12.

Great basketball conference if the ACC broke apart and Syracuse was left out

Attachments

• IMG_4200.png
    IMG_4200.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 102
Great basketball conference if the ACC broke apart and Syracuse was left out
Few private schools can compete with the big state schools. Maybe form a breakaway private school conference? It’s not the sexiest conference:
Syracuse
BC
Duke
Wake
Miami (doubtful)
Northwestern (doubtful they leave B1G)
Stanford
Rice
Notre Dame (super doubtful)
TCU (doubtful)

His name is Chris Lambert, I think. He probably has, but I haven't seen anybody quoting him. I saw someone linking to a Tweet from MHver.
I presume you are a TarHeels fan? If so, I'd like your perspective on what UNC is likely to do. It always appeared to me that the ACC was UNC's private club, and frankly too snooty to mingle with the SEC types. UNC seemed to try to direct how the league would be run, schedule pairings, where league championships would be played, etc, and that the ACC would be a basketball first conference. UNC and Duke staunchly refused to vote in favor of any expansion going back to when Miami was added.

So, now in these current conditions, in your opinion would UNC ever leave the ACC? Or would UNC stay in the ACC even if a few football schools left, and keep the thing going, following decades of tradition? What are you hearing around campus and alums, etc about this? Does UNC no longer care about the ACC's long term prospects?

OU, UT, USC, and UCLA didn't hate the conferences they were in and only had a short duration to wait.
FSU only hates the disparity in revenue between the SEC and ACC. They willingly signed the GOR. Further, they chose the ACC over the SEC when they joined the ACC. FSU did so because they wanted to improve their academic stature.

Regardless, how does your argument address FSU's financial shortfall to pay the exit fee and buy back their TV rights?

Here's an idea of bro, just do not read my post. How about that because I don't feel age? Having like just this annoying nat that causes a annoyance from time 2 time2time

On a side note. I’m getting older and definitely feeling it. Can you give me some tricks to not feeling age?

Few private schools can compete with the big state schools. Maybe form a breakaway private school conference? It’s not the sexiest conference:
Syracuse
BC
Duke
Wake
Miami (doubtful)
Northwestern (doubtful they leave B1G)
Stanford
Rice
Notre Dame (super doubtful)
TCU (doubtful)
SMU, Tulane, Army, Navy

Those four schools are all in different conferences as of 2024. Their decision to leave set in motion a massive chain reaction well before they actually left which will happen in the ACC when Clemson and FSU announce even if the move is several years in the future.

This is stupid, USC and UCLA traveling an average of 2,300 miles to play conference foes is going to be awful for their student athletes. How do the non-revenue sports absorb those costs? All to chase another $10M a year at the expense of quality of life of students for their actual mission which is education.

Why are the BoD of these schools letting athletics drive the bus when it’s such a small portion of the school’s overall budget and not the primary mission of these non-profit organizations?
I understand the history. Both UT and OU wanted to leave immediately but were stonewalled because of the buyout, neither school was wiling to pay the price to leave four years early and only were able to negotiate a one-year early exit at 2.1X the annual revenue and because all parties were interested in the early release.

As to your final paragraph, I can only speculate that fools chase money. Solid investors look at the long play while fools chase the "hot tip". Sure it pays off once in a while, but over the long haul, they would make more being slow and steady. I cannot justify the nonsense for a few million dollars, okay, $40MM, when the universities are often multi-billion dollar entities. Seriously, this amounts to just a percentage point or two for most schools. And UW and Oregon are realizing travel may cost $10MM per year more than what they had to pay in the PAC. Oy vey! Why they gave up their primary mission, you know - education, for a small windfall cannot be truly explained.

If the conferences were smart 20-30 years ago, they would have banded together and negotiated the TV deals as one unit like the pros do.

There u go again With that lame attempt at comedy. I mean, how many times are you gonna say? The same thing like come up with some kinda new sthick will ya.
I know what it is. I said something about or to you that you didn't like. You felt some kind of way, and now this is how you retaliate like Like a little baby and just from that reaction. I can tell that II just know that I have more intelligence than you everyone.
Because every time you say that you just prove to me how irrelevant you are With ignorance and just bazaar statements. That would never happen in the real world. Like let's go back to the biggest. You're one of those morons. I bet that is like the stupidest thing ever. Yeah, let's go back to a conference. We give you bankrupt. Sounds like a plan to you, right? Wow.
Now im hopeful that it is you voice app that is messing up . Otherwise i dont think you need an online tutorial on how to communicate via email. There seems to be deeper issues.

FSU only hates the disparity in revenue between the SEC and ACC. They willingly signed the GOR. Further, they chose the ACC over the SEC when they joined the ACC. FSU did so because they wanted to improve their academic stature.

Regardless, how does your argument address FSU's financial shortfall to pay the exit fee and buy back their TV rights?
There is no way to know what the actual amount is. The range is $300 million to $800 million., as is being put out in public. We'll just have to wait and see. FOX and the B1G have a huge interest in seeing ESPN take a hit by the ACC breaking apart, can't tell what they are scheming behind the scenes.

It’s depressing to read Twitter and hear what others think of SU football and our place in the conference shuffle. I mean, I already knew it, but it’s depressing to actually read it. Here’s hoping for a miracle and we land softly. Otherwise, all this discussion is just ruining another football season of hope.

There is no way to know what the actual amount is. The range is $300 million to $800 million., as is being put out in public. We'll just have to wait and see. FOX and the B1G have a huge interest in seeing ESPN take a hit by the ACC breaking apart, can't tell what they are scheming behind the scenes.
Yes, there is a way to calculate the minimum, as has been discussed ad nauseum.

1) The exit fees is 3X the annual payout. With a $42MM payout this year, if FSU announces by August 15, the exit fee is $126MM. Read the ACC bylaws.

2) The GOR has 13 seasons left, we know FSU must play this season, leaving 12 potential seasons to pay for. Again, the payout was $42MM. $42MM X 12 years = $480MM. Remember no conference will accept FSU unless they bring their TV rights with them. Otherwise the ACC and ESPN own the right rights to FSU games.

3) Add the exit fee and the GOR: $126MM + $480MM = $606MM. This is the minimum.

4) OU and UT set the baseline standard of a factor of 2.1, thus the exit fee $126MM + (rights buyback $480MM X 2.1 = $1.008BB) = $1.134BB, this is likely the target for the ACC and ESPN to begin negotiations.

The $300MM was floated by FSU, there were no ACC nor ESPN takers. Recall, ESPN is paying the ACC for FSU's TV rights, any agreement must include ESPN. We can conclude that FSU does not want to voluntarily pay more for FSU by moving them to the SEC, that is stupid business and damages the ACC, an ESPN property. Thus, ESPN would be losing FSU to Fox, don't expect ESPN to make it easy on FSU; nor will the ACC.

It’s depressing to read Twitter and hear what others think of SU football and our place in the conference shuffle. I mean, I already knew it, but it’s depressing to actually read it. Here’s hoping for a miracle and we land softly. Otherwise, all this discussion is just ruining another football season of hope.
Ignore most blogs, twitter, facebook, et al. Focus on what the experts use to make decisions. Hard numbers and analysis speak much louder than tweets, posts, and uninformed opinions.

Even our posts are only partially informed, the matrices used by experts are much more detailed and we are not likely to ever know the full data sets that experts use to calculate value.

Ignore most blogs, twitter, facebook, et al. Focus on what the experts use to make decisions. Hard numbers and analysis speak much louder than tweets, posts, and uninformed opinions.

Even our posts are only partially informed, the matrices used by experts are much more detailed and we are not likely to ever know the full data sets that experts use to calculate value.

Yeah, after the top two conferences - forgetting the partial payouts to O and W - we are fine next to everyone else.

The Big 12 does have a twitter army of total freaks who get perverse glee out of this stuff.

We won't end up in the BIG or SEC. can we dispel those two pipe dreams?

13 years is a long time. If somehow the ACC went away (not sure it's in anyones best interest), my guess is we find our way back to the Big East for hoops and olympic sports and some sort of independent collective with ND/BC/Pitt/Stanford/Cal/Army/Navy/WF.

I still wonder if there are two mega conferences, they still need inventory against the lesser runs. they can't possibly just play an NFL like schedule without some cupcakes no? I would think if the money is so disparate that the buy-in games for these independents could be decent ultimately.

We won't end up in the BIG or SEC. can we dispel those two pipe dreams?

13 years is a long time. If somehow the ACC went away (not sure it's in anyones best interest), my guess is we find our way back to the Big East for hoops and olympic sports and some sort of independent collective with ND/BC/Pitt/Stanford/Cal/Army/Navy/WF.

I still wonder if there are two mega conferences, they still need inventory against the lesser runs. they can't possibly just play an NFL like schedule without some cupcakes no? I would think if the money is so disparate that the buy-in games for these independents could be decent ultimately.
College football is a hot mess, none of this is good. Regional rivalries are gone, consolidation to 2 leagues and then everyone else is shortsighted