If this is goodbye... | Syracusefan.com

If this is goodbye...

Where is Brissette going? Play in Australia?
Is Brissett an NBA player? I doubt it.

He can make good money overseas or play on a team that will probably be 2018/19 redux, along with a recruit coming in that might demand lots of playing time at the wing spots.

I have no inside info. I could see reasons to come back just as easily.

Brissett wouldn’t get a tryout for NBA if half the draft decided to quit basketball. I cannot see him going anywhere but cuse. He was like the odd man out this year. Not really good enough to hit the three but not consistent inside.

Different from tyus because he had a shot at NBA last year. Brissett was on track after freshman year. Something went wrong. Worth it to stay and and try to right the situation. In my opinion.

I’m one of the first to support players going early.

Id understand Hughes going early more than OB. Legit.
He can’t finish against a team of 6’6 guys

Are you suggesting Tyus and Oshae get the Harris and Devo treatment?

Tyus's biggest problem this season hasn't been his shooting or even his ball handling. He's not a very good passer.

Last edited:
Tyus was gone as soon as he declared he’d be back. He’ll be 22 in September and he has two classes left to get his degree. He’s gone. JB has even insinuated as much recently when people asked him about the makeup of next year’s team.

Oshae is interesting because he was never supposed to be a three year guy. Two years, tops. He’ll be back because he still wants to be on that NBA track. I don’t see him getting forced out, a la Devo/Harris. But the staff better handcuff him to the Melo center this summer and make sure he doesn’t leave the 315. He went off gallivanting last summer and didn’t do jack to improve his game. Thus, what we saw this year.

I think Brissett knows that he was on the NBA track, is now in the weeds, and needs to put in the work to get back to where he wants to be. My money is on him to do just that and put up a fantastic junior season for us next year.

Man I’m not ready yet for offseason who’s back speculation.

Thank you Frank, Tyus, O’shae and Paschal. You guys provided plenty more good than bad. It was a tough and disappointing season but I’m not giving up on JB and I’m sure as hell not giving up on being a fan. Looking forward to next year.
Brisset would struggle to make some high school teams with that weak sauce crap he rolls out..

Are you suggesting Tyus and Oshae get the Harris and Devo treatment?

Tyus's biggest problem this season hasn't been his shooting or even his ball handling. He's not a very good passer.

Point #1.) I hope to never see anything like that again.

Point #2.) I'm not a very good fisherman because I never go fishing. Nor do I look for the opportunity. :)

OB gets trashed a lot on this board it seems. He can be frustrating at times on the court, ok. But, if you haven't noticed, OB through the season (esp 2nd half) became much more active in the short game and being more aggressive down low. SU really needed this, because otherwise Cuse is primarily a 3-pt shooting team. I give Oshae credit for becoming an inside-the-3-line player over time. Maybe still a work in progress, but he's certainly working and getting better at it, including better finishing and rebounding. Let's give him some props.

Lol its insane that people thinking ob is leaving.
I think him playing in the NBA in the near future is a stretch. But he could very well decide it makes more sense to start playing for money.

I think him playing in the NBA in the near future is a stretch. But he could very well decide it makes more sense to start playing for money.
Not sure right now he'd even be coveted overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom