Im here for the officiating takes. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Im here for the officiating takes.

Good thing they made all those calls or the score might have hit 100 points!!!

Its really really hard to not get into the bonus in a half of college basketball. We only had six fouls called on us in the first half and one was intentional. Its also really hard to have 29 fouls called on a team in a game but that also happened. They swallowed the whistle against one team and called everything aga inst them on the other. This was a Great 10 point win against a ranked team on the road with that scenario. Kudos to the defense, they never got a good look the whole 2nd half.

I heard the refs were in the first graduating class of the Burr and Higgins school for blind reffing. They graduated top of the class.
We not only beat Ohio St., but we beat the refs. Do we get credit for two wins then?
Oh, and great job guys. And to JB for no technical fouls. I don't know how he managed that. I had at least 3 technical fouls called on me tonight.

Besides SU taking the win, and yes I will be gloating tomorrow at my meeting with all those buckeye fans that were taunting me today, their stadium is pretty nice and for the most part so were the fans. A Let's Go Orange chant broke out with about 2 minutes to go when the leaf rakers started to leave.

Something about us playing Ohio State brings the worst out in these refs.

It’s actually really impressive that we won by that margin. They fouled out two of our centers(if you count MD as a center for tonight) and our point guard for the stretch run. Brissett pretty much sat the entire first half.

They just have some really unlikeable players. Flopping around in their dirty laundry colored uniforms.

I heard the refs were in the first graduating class of the Burr and Higgins school for blind reffing. They graduated top of the class.
We not only beat Ohio St., but we beat the refs. Do we get credit for two wins then?
Oh, and great job guys. And to JB for no technical fouls. I don't know how he managed that. I had at least 3 technical fouls called on me tonight.

8 on 5, tough to overcome.

And we still won by double digits.

I've finally figured out the call on Hughes. It's a new rule: Illegally setting your feet, putting your hands straight in the air and getting knocked over.

How about the last fend-off call on Battle?

Dakich and Ravech were ready to seal-clap the refs on the replay until it showed Battle did absolutely nothing, whereupon they grew really quiet until the next rap about Dakich's Jimmy V campaign.

I'd love to have anyone on the board who has officiated to explain the foul where tOSU player is backing the SU player under the hoop and the SU player gets called. That was one called on MD. Also dumbass dakich kept talking about the maybe goaltend when Battle the play before got called for one of the worst offensive foul calls I've ever seen

reffing was egregiously bad, especially in the second half.

but, man, at the end of the first half we made some really dumb fouls far from the hoop and only had ourselves to blame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom