I'm sorry. This doesn't go on at every other school | Syracusefan.com

I'm sorry. This doesn't go on at every other school

It happens at every school. The idea that it only happens here is a bit ridiculous. We're just far more attuned to it here.

I think these things do happen at other schools, the difference is schools like Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Uconn do a hell of a job of making these issues dissapear and sweepign things under the rug. Do you honestly think for a minute that if Anthony Davis was in teh same situation at UK this would even be an issue? Or if this was John Henson at UNC? Please this would be rectificed in an hour.

We know this team so well that we see everything. Other schools go through this stuff too.

UK had issues with Kanter, the Anthony Davis pay off issue, grades surrounding one of their freshman last year.

UConn has Boatright issues this year, Drummond on and off scholarship, the Calhoun suspension.

SJU had half of their guys not qualify or transfer this year.

Kansas had issues with one of the Taylor kids I think (maybe it was someone else, not sure) last year.

Mich St has had a number of guys transfer recently, and last year there were rumors about kids getting away with some kind of sexual assault issue.

And this is not even mentioning college football and any of the crazy stuff that goes on in the SEC.

If you compete at the highest levels, you take on kids whose talent outweighs their off court issues. Sometimes those off court issues blow up on you. It sucks, but it's part of the deal.

It happens at every school. The idea that it only happens here is a bit ridiculous. We're just far more attuned to it here.

I really don't think that this kind of stuff happens at every big-time hoops school.

I think these things do happen at other schools, the difference is schools like Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Uconn do a hell of a job of making these issues dissapear and sweepign things under the rug. Do you honestly think for a minute that if Anthony Davis was in teh same situation at UK this would even be an issue? Or if this was John Henson at UNC? Please this would be rectificed in an hour.

And winning multiple NCs...

I know it happens every year here at CU to kids in multiple sports, same types of issues even without scholarship issues. and I know it was happening at the schools I was in college at 25 years ago..

I agree, I am not saying it is a bad thing but SU wants to make itself look more academic than they really are. Most alumni (myself included) are proud of the academics of SU, but are also pretty damn proud of the athletics too! Making more of a show out of these things instead of just dealing with them quickly, quietly, and without making a big deal out of it that's the SU way.

We know this team so well that we see everything. Other schools go through this stuff too.

UK had issues with Kanter, the Anthony Davis pay off issue, grades surrounding one of their freshman last year.

UConn has Boatright issues this year, Drummond on and off scholarship, the Calhoun suspension.

SJU had half of their guys not qualify or transfer this year.

Kansas had issues with one of the Taylor kids I think (maybe it was someone else, not sure) last year.

Mich St has had a number of guys transfer recently, and last year there were rumors about kids getting away with some kind of sexual assault issue.

And this is not even mentioning college football and any of the crazy stuff that goes on in the SEC.

If you compete at the highest levels, you take on kids whose talent outweighs their off court issues. Sometimes those off court issues blow up on you. It sucks, but it's part of the deal.

^^^^this

I really don't think that this kind of stuff happens at every big-time hoops school.

Any reason you decided to ignore the post "Orangemen" made?

You are wrong.

maybe this could have been handled differently, except that Fab already played that card in getting his criminal mischief charge dismissed. there is only so much goodwill to go around, especially during This Fine Season when there are national reporters sniffing around.

Bernie Fine saddled everyone with one strike; Fab gave himself the other two.

Any reason you decided to ignore the post "Orangemen" made?

You are wrong.
He cited 5 schools. That's hardly "every" school. And objectively speaking, aside from SJU, does SU really want to compare its recent basketball history with the schools he mentioned?

He cited 5 schools. That's hardly "every" school. And objectively speaking, aside from SJU, does SU really want to compare its recent basketball history with the schools he mentioned?
In my defense, that was off hand written in about 1 minute.

Given more time, I think you'd find issues with most major schools.

We have issues every year.

I don't know...I've 5 min from MSU and they seem to have issues almost every year. SU fans don't realize it only because we are so focused on ourselves.

I'm not saying that other things never happen at other schools. The point is that we have them every year it seems.

Please ...this happens at dozens upon dozens of universities across the country.

Please ...this happens at dozens upon dozens of universities across the country.
this happens everywhere -- with very very few exceptions--- when u recruit kids from difficult backgrounds this what happens---

As many others have already stated, this happens at many, many other schools. We are not alone here.

Get real this is happening everywhere even schools that aren't in D1 athletics.

You could argue what UConn has gone through lately is worse than what we've been dealing with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom