I'm sure others have mentioned as well but I can't help but wonder... | Syracusefan.com

I'm sure others have mentioned as well but I can't help but wonder...

Ptzburghcuse

Walk On
How good this team could be with Stewart?

Imagine what just one quality beefy interior player would do for this specific team. Would solve so many issues to force a team to decide what to take away. Collapse on Stewart and leave even better looks for interior players.

High low or "big" to big with Marek and Stewart or vice versa would be a thing of beauty.

I bet we would be a rock solid tourney seed with the addition of just one interior player of that quality - like top 10 good and that is why I agree that we should seriously consider giving up Buddy's scholarship so we can go after a quality big man with reckless abandon. JB likely doesn't want to go that route as it might be perceived to be dirty in some way but we need that support.

One big catch could change the trajectory of the program as talent begets talent.
Go SU

What is the point of these threads that say What IF we had /? ? ? ? ?

If this was the first one, it might be OK but again and again is just beating a dead horse.
Hypotheticals are the foundation of a sports forum.
But... yeah.

We really don’t even need someone of Stewart’s caliber. If we had a 5 with a pulse that would be nice. I will say Sid has been rebounding better. Other than that we get zero production from the 5. Chewy would make this team 10x better.

JB doesn’t utilize the post at all. We got one solid year offensively out of Christmas. Other than that, we have been lacking down low since Onuaku/Jackson.

We really don’t even need someone of Stewart’s caliber. If we had a 5 with a pulse that would be nice. I will say Sid has been rebounding better. Other than that we get zero production from the 5. Chewy would make this team 10x better.

JB doesn’t utilize the post at all. We got one solid year offensively out of Christmas. Other than that, we have been lacking down low since Onuaku/Jackson.
Maybe even 11x better.

What a fun, fresh and new discussion. I'm going to say we would better since he was a 5 star top 10 recruit. Imagine if we had Carmelo on this team. I know he is 35 but just imagine.
He could easily drop 25 per night in the acc.

did you know sids scoring and rebounding numbers are better than chewys last years?

I didn't realize that Buddy had the scholarship designated for a quality big man. Why does JB have to have Buddy give up this scholarship to get a quality big, or an adequate big for that matter?

By the way, I'm pretty sure we've been going balls to the wall for an adequate big the last two years or more and not having one has NOTHING to do with Buddy being on scholarship, and if we still don't have one next year, it will have NOTHING to do with Buddy being on scholarship.

I didn't realize that Buddy had the scholarship designated for a quality big man. Why does JB have to have Buddy give up this scholarship to get a quality big, or an adequate big for that matter?

By the way, I'm pretty sure we've been going balls to the wall for an adequate big the last two years or more and not having one has NOTHING to do with Buddy being on scholarship, and if we still don't have one next year, it will have NOTHING to do with Buddy being on scholarship.
You're missing the point completely

Good point.

rough crowd

Eh, there has just been a bunch of these threads started, and some embedded into the many UW threads that you may have missed. :)

Anyway, imagine if we could find some even SKINNIER interior players! I wonder if we could shut down the corner three entirely in a few years??

PS - Do NOT start a Jordan Tucker thread!!!

did you know sids scoring and rebounding numbers are better than chewys last years?
Chewy had some big nights in his career. The Duke game comes to mind. We didn’t need Chewy to score as much with Oshae down low. We don’t have an Oshae on this team. Sid is averaging 1 more ppg and is also playing 4 mpg more than Chewy did. 2 years ago Chewy averaged what Sid is this year. I don’t expect Sid will ever have a big scoring night. He is also a fouling machine and doesn’t contest shots as well as Chuckwu did.

I will concede the rebounding. Other than that, I’d take Chukwu all day over Sid.

Chewy had some big nights in his career. The Duke game comes to mind. We didn’t need Chewy to score as much with Oshae down low. We don’t have an Oshae on this team. Sid is averaging 1 more ppg and is also playing 4 mpg more than Chewy did. 2 years ago Chewy averaged what Sid is this year. I don’t expect Sid will ever have a big scoring night. He is also a fouling machine and doesn’t contest shots as well as Chuckwu did.

I will concede the rebounding. Other than that, I’d take Chukwu all day over Sid.
Just no

factor in mpg or not. Sids numbers are better. Yet people trash Sid and now deify chewy. Sids problem is staying on the court.

Just no
Just no? Why? I think everything he listed is fair and accurate. Aside from catching the ball better I don’t think Sidbee is better than Chewy in any way. His stats are slightly better but I also think that’s a product of our offense becoming much more uptempo and sharing the ball more. Plus Chewys defense was light years better.

Just no? Why? I think everything he listed is fair and accurate. Aside from catching the ball better I don’t think Sidbee is better than Chewy in any way. His stats are slightly better but I also think that’s a product of our offense becoming much more uptempo and sharing the ball more. Plus Chewys defense was light years better.
It really wasn’t. He fouled just as much, despite having been in the system for 5 years. 5!!

It really wasn’t. He fouled just as much, despite having been in the system for 5 years. 5!!
That’s not accurate. Last year Chewy averaged 3.0 fouls per game compared to Sidbes 3.9 this year so no. Also chewy averaged 1.7 blocks compared to 1.1 vs BS. And I think his defense prescience was much better than BS.
However if you wanted to argue that we need an upgrade over both of them I would agree with you. We need more out of the 5 than both these guys give us. But if I had a choice I’d take chewy over bs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom