Incoming Portal Participants.. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Incoming Portal Participants..

Wahab didn’t list us as one of the 6 schools he is considering.

I am not liking that.

I don't think so. He played 3 seasons at Cornell. This season didn't count, but the Ivys sat it out anyway. So, he has 1 year of eligibility left.
we'll see

I can’t see how Jimmy has 2 years.

He played 3 years and was a Senior this year.
The ncaa gave every kid a free year. It doesn’t mean if you didn’t play you get an extra year.

The Ivy leaguers just lost a free year they don’t get an extra year.

The ncaa gave every kid a free year. It doesn’t mean if you didn’t play you get an extra year.

The Ivy League absolutely screwed their student-athletes

yea, I kinda feel like he’s only going to have 1.

So, Marek could play 5 years. Buddy can play 5 years. But Ivy kids, through no fault of their own, can only play 4? We will see. The players didn't opt out. The league and the schools did.

Wahab’s list doesn’t appear what you are saying he has zero blue bloods on his list.
I think the fact that he has zero blue bloods is a bit telling. Not sure anyone wants to deal with it. His stats coming from Georgetown? red flag to me that thats his list

I think the fact that he has zero blue bloods is a bit telling. Not sure anyone wants to deal with it. His stats coming from Georgetown? red flag to me that thats his list
Or he knows he wants to play 10 miles away at College Park.

Jimmy’s skill set is closer to Marek than anyone else IMO. He’s also a better athlete than Buddy. I get he played in the IVY, but he’s a legit 6’8” or 6’9”.

to get an idea on height.

8EB22A78-FBD4-4D3E-8159-7362100E2095.jpeg

So, Marek could play 5 years. Buddy can play 5 years. But Ivy kids, through no fault of their own, can only play 4? We will see. The players didn't opt out. The league and the schools did.
Yeah but those kids could have left their schools if they wanted to play basketball this year.

The NCAA gave them an extra year by not counting this season.
I can’t those kids getting an extra year on top:

Yeah but those kids could have left their schools if they wanted to play basketball this year.

The NCAA gave them an extra year by not counting this season.
I can’t those kids getting an extra year on top:
The Ivy decided on that pretty late as I recall.

The Ivy decided on that pretty late as I recall.
I really don’t think the Ivy League kids are going to get 2 years due to this season being cancelled.

They essentially just forgo the free season this season as nothing and comeback with whatever years they had left from the previous season.

I get what you are saying but the Ivy League is letting this year’s seniors compete next year as graduates something they have never done. They aren’t going to let 3 more classes potentially do that.

I really don’t think the Ivy League kids are going to get 2 years due to this season being cancelled.

They essentially just forgo the free season this season as nothing and comeback with whatever years they had left from the previous season.

I get what you are saying but the Ivy League is letting this year’s seniors compete next year as graduates something they have never done. They aren’t going to let 3 more classes potentially do that.
they can do that all they want, but any kid that wants can take the ncaa to court and they will win. they ncaa would fold like a cheap suit. Like they always do when they are called to court.

they can do that all they want, but any kid that wants can take the ncaa to court and they will win. they ncaa would fold like a cheap suit. Like they always do when they are called to court.
The NCAA granted everyone an additional year, not two years. You’re right the NCAA would probably fold because they don’t want this to snowball but they can simply argue that a 5th year was granted. Not a 6th. I can see your point but it seems crazy that we could see some 25 year old former Ivy players.

Would Jimmy want to spend a 6th year in college is another question to consider. He could make a go at an overseas career or in the finance(?) world after his Cuse year pretty easily I’d guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom