Incoming Portal Participants.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Incoming Portal Participants..

The NCAA granted everyone an additional year, not two years. You’re right the NCAA would probably fold because they don’t want this to snowball but they can simply argue that a 5th year was granted. Not a 6th. I can see your point but it seems crazy that we could see some 25 year old former Ivy players.

Would Jimmy want to spend a 6th year in college is another question to consider. He could make a go at an overseas career or in the finance(?) world after his Cuse year pretty easily I’d guess.
Neither Jimmy nor Buddy need the money so they could stay longer if they really wanted to.

If I could pick one guy it would be Wahab, he would instantly make us a contender in ACC next year.

To me, it makes me a bit sick that JB is treating our program this way. That said, Jimmy has a lot better handle than buddy and is taller. He is also a good shooter. I was shocked by that mix tape that was posted a few days ago. He looked very good...

I can't imagine a scenario where Jimmy comes, but only to backup a guy who didn't play this year—Woody—or some unknown from another program.

I also can't imagine a talented Forward coming without know for dang sure that Jimmy isn't coming to block him. I'm not even sure how we can approach anyone (forwards) in the portal with a straight face without an absolute declaration that Jimmy won't be an Orange instead of a Red.

I do think Jimmy could be a strong contributor. The same level (or better) as Braswell was late this year. Which would be valuable. I hope, though, that his one year 'gold watch for JB' isn't what factors in against us with either a real HS recruit or the progress of Woody (if) or Benny, or a talented transfer. This is kind of SN(NCAA-wide)AFU(for us) territory. I am not looking forward to the excuses next year, about how players 'aren't ready' until the last week.

I thought Jimmy loved Cornell and was riding it out there? I know things change, but earlier in the year when Jimmy's name was thrown around (almost sarcastically to be honest), I read that it was extremely unlikely he would leave Ithaca.

1617077939046.png

I can't imagine a scenario where Jimmy comes, but only to backup a guy who didn't play this year—Woody—or some unknown from another program.

I also can't imagine a talented Forward coming without know for dang sure that Jimmy isn't coming to block him. I'm not even sure how we can approach anyone (forwards) in the portal with a straight face without an absolute declaration that Jimmy won't be an Orange instead of a Red.

I do think Jimmy could be a strong contributor. The same level (or better) as Braswell was late this year. Which would be valuable. I hope, though, that his one year 'gold watch for JB' isn't what factors in against us with either a real HS recruit or the progress of Woody (if) or Benny, or a talented transfer. This is kind of SN(NCAA-wide)AFU(for us) territory. I am not looking forward to the excuses next year, about how players 'aren't ready' until the last week.
There likely won’t be other forwards in the portal once Jimmy comes. He’s coming

How sure are we on JBJR coming? It seems pretty obvious but I haven't heard that he's definitely coming until yesterday

why?

Because of favoritism it will hurt rotations, roster and recruiting even more than they have.
Buddy grew into becoming a very good player, but it took him most of his freshman year to do so, when he got far more run than his stats warranted.
How many other players would still have the green light after starting the season 1-22 from three?
How many would still be on the court? I was a Buddy believer, but it cost us players who left.
I guess what everyone here accepts is that this is the new reality.
I don't care for it, myself.

Because of favoritism it will hurt rotations, roster and recruiting even more than they have.
Buddy grew into becoming a very good player, but it took him most of his freshman year to do so, when he got far more run than his stats warranted.
How many other players would still have the green light after starting the season 1-22 from three?
How many would still be on the court? I was a Buddy believer, but it cost us players who left.
Who left because of Buddy?

I thought Jimmy loved Cornell and was riding it out there? I know things change, but earlier in the year when Jimmy's name was thrown around (almost sarcastically to be honest), I read that it was extremely unlikely he would leave Ithaca.
I believe he didn’t want to leave Cornell before he finished his undergrad degree, as he values his Ivy education. He’s graduating this semester, so that’s no longer an issue. He’ll be a grad transfer.

I believe he didn’t want to leave Cornell before he finished his undergrad degree, as he values his Ivy education. He’s graduating this semester, so that’s no longer an issue. He’ll be a grad transfer.
Also he took a prep year after 4 years of HS before attending Cornell for 4. He'll be a man amongst boys next season.

why did he play as a freshman?

who did he take minutes from?

who left because of it?

Because the ncaa granted everyone an extra year. 6 years to play 5.
I'm starting to think you are right. That info posted by Capt affirms what you are saying. I think. It was a bit confusing.

I don't believe he'd be able to do it at an Ivy, but if he transferred, he should be able to play 2 more.

Who left because of Buddy?

We lost 3 guards just last year. Not entirely because of Buddy, but because of Buddy and Joe playing 38 minutes a game when they didn't earn it, and when at least 1 other guard in the rotation would have helped the team, and none of them played even 10 minutes a game. Just 10 minutes a game for a third guard would have still left Buddy and Joe with 35 minutes a game. So, there's that.

We lost 3 guards just last year. Not entirely because of Buddy, but because of Buddy and Joe playing 38 minutes a game when they didn't earn it, and when at least 1 other guard in the rotation would have helped the team, and none of them played even 10 minutes a game. Just 10 minutes a game for a third guard would have still left Buddy and Joe with 35 minutes a game. So, there's that.
So was it because of Buddy or was it because of Joe? I think you are really reaching. I'm not disagreeing about splitting minutes up a little bit but no one who left was a better 2 guard than Buddy.

Those guards stunk. Clearly. Their new coaches didn’t even play them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom